PDA

View Full Version : Notified when we are quoted

Legend
12-10-2006, 06:25 AM
I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.

killerinstinct
12-10-2006, 10:52 PM
I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.
I'm against this idea.I don't want a trillion messages.

Legend
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM

It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.

killerinstinct
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.

Hypergit
12-11-2006, 01:04 AM
It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.

Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores ;)

Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

Legend
12-11-2006, 03:25 AM
I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.

Well maybe if you did not post 20 fucking times a day it would not be a problem. :wavesmile:

Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores ;)

Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

First of all lol. Secondly, I agree it would take some major programming. I did not think they would ever actually do it. I kind of just wanted to see what everyone else thought of it.

Boo
12-26-2006, 01:21 PM
I like the idea. A choice could be given whether you want the notification or not, if something like this was implemented. You can choose if you want the pop up for PM notification, or if you want an email sent to you, or if you want no notification. Same thing with subscriptions.

I know I would choose to get it. It would be nice too if you go to the trouble of answering someone's question, they would know to go back to the thread.

Noob
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I like the idea too. Though it would be good to make it optional. That way the guys who post a ton wouldn't have to deal with it.

Highlander
03-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm for the idea. :thumbsup:

Palma
03-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Exactly. How hard is it to go back to a thread you posted on?

Beatts35
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm for it, i know i can't always make it through some of the pages in a thread.

Legend
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Exactly. How hard is it to go back to a thread you posted on?

Well for post whores suck as yourself, it can be quite hard.

Palma
03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Well for post whores suck as yourself, it can be quite hard.

Do you want to retool your statement little boy? You don't make any sense.

Legend
03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Do you want to retool your statement little boy? You don't make any sense.

You asked how hard is it to go back to a thread you posted in. I said for post whores suck as yourself it can be quite hard. Meaning you post so much bullshit, it is hard to keep up with all of it. And I am the one who needs hooked on phonics.

Palma
03-16-2007, 08:30 AM
You asked how hard is it to go back to a thread you posted in. I said for post whores suck as yourself it can be quite hard. Meaning you post so much bullshit, it is hard to keep up with all of it. And I am the one who needs hooked on phonics.

A question mark goes at the end of a question. You will learn that when I send you the DVD-ROM. The only bullshit I am posting are replies back to your bullshit posts. I like to have discussions about MMA so I come to an MMA forum to discuss MMA. What is your problem with me doing that?

Legend
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
A question mark goes at the end of a question. You will learn that when I send you the DVD-ROM. The only bullshit I am posting are replies back to your bullshit posts. I like to have discussions about MMA so I come to an MMA forum to discuss MMA. What is your problem with me doing that?

I was not saying it in a question form. It was more of saying it myself in a sarcastic manner. You and Git must been hanging out bc he is the king of grammar corrections. Anyway, my only problem is it is too fun to fuck with you to stop. I am addicted.

Palma
03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I was not saying it in a question form. It was more of saying it myself in a sarcastic manner. You and Git must been hanging out bc he is the king of grammar corrections. Anyway, my only problem is it is too fun to fuck with you to stop. I am addicted.

Have it your way bitchgirlboy. I really don't mind making you look stupid.