PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Interview with Alex Davis - the Founding Manager of American Top Team

mmajudo
07-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

I have recently published the interview with Alex Davis - the founding manager of American Top Team and one of the original teachers of Judo in MMA...Alex trained Rodrigo Nogueira, Rolles Gracie, Dustin Dennis, Ricardo Liborio, Wade Rome, Marcus Aurelio, Hermes Franca, Dan Lambert etc. Hope you like it :)

check the interview here:
Exclusive Interview with Alex Davis - the Founding Manager of American Top Team (http://www.mmajudo.net/blog/exclusive-interview-with-alex-davis-the-co-founder-of-american-top-team)

So what so you think about judo in mma ?

Radovan Judoka

TheKidInside
07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
As a former Judoka myself I think Karo was a great ambassador for the art. His throws into kimuras were amazing and he had some absolutely insane skills. National champ and all that!

Jon Jones also uses several throws and trips that we've studied in Judo.

mmajudo
07-16-2010, 09:27 PM
As a former Judoka myself I think Karo was a great ambassador for the art. His throws into kimuras were amazing and he had some absolutely insane skills. National champ and all that!

Jon Jones also uses several throws and trips that we've studied in Judo.

well, karo is trying to get back - he won at the impact fc1, but the road to the ufc will belong, but he is definitely the most talented judoka in MMA - i also think hector lombard is really great

as jon jones learned judo from home videos, his level is just incredible - he should find credible trainer and he can be very good...

TheKidInside
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I know Karo won haha he was the first one to fight since he was so anxious. i don't think it'll be hard to get back in the UFC. what I would LOVE for him to do is join Bellator for a tourney! would be epic to see him grapple Ben Askren or Dan Hornbuckle.

mmajudo
07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
I know Karo won haha he was the first one to fight since he was so anxious. i don't think it'll be hard to get back in the UFC. what I would LOVE for him to do is join Bellator for a tourney! would be epic to see him grapple Ben Askren or Dan Hornbuckle.

i think everyone knows that karo is really one of the best fighters, but he needs to create his credibility - as a person, maybe few other fights in australia can really open the door to the UFC, however dana said he will never fight in the UFC again...so dana would have to slightly change his opinion - which is pretty easy, if karo can draw big attention - and i hope he will, soon

TheKidInside
07-17-2010, 04:54 PM
i think everyone knows that karo is really one of the best fighters, but he needs to create his credibility - as a person, maybe few other fights in australia can really open the door to the UFC, however dana said he will never fight in the UFC again...so dana would have to slightly change his opinion - which is pretty easy, if karo can draw big attention - and i hope he will, soon

There have been other interviews after that one, mate. I think one more fight in Impact FC against a notable and he's easily back in the UFC. MAYBE 2 more. But, like I said, I'd rather see him Bellator.

mmajudo
07-18-2010, 08:15 AM
There have been other interviews after that one, mate. I think one more fight in Impact FC against a notable and he's easily back in the UFC. MAYBE 2 more. But, like I said, I'd rather see him Bellator.

so in bellator - karo could fight with hector lombard...that would be the most interesting fight for me :)

TheKidInside
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
so in bellator - karo could fight with hector lombard...that would be the most interesting fight for me :)

different weight classes brother. And Karo should be at lightweight anyway! in Bellator he would fight Ben Askren (Since I have no faith in Lyman Goodman beating Funky Ben in their title fight).

mmajudo
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
different weight classes brother. And Karo should be at lightweight anyway! in Bellator he would fight Ben Askren (Since I have no faith in Lyman Goodman beating Funky Ben in their title fight).

what a pity for that different weights - should be a great fight, but i believe karo would have to sign in bellator for more fights, maybe even a full season, because otherwise they would promote him and immediately loose him after 2-3 good fights, as he is heading to the UFC i believe

TheKidInside
07-19-2010, 07:38 PM
great interview btw

yeah I think he'd do great in a Bellator WW tourney that is shaping up to be an amazing promotion

mmajudo
07-20-2010, 05:18 PM
great interview btw

yeah I think he'd do great in a Bellator WW tourney that is shaping up to be an amazing promotion

thanks,

i think another great fighter with judo background in bellator is hector lombard, he has no competition in bellator - his last fight lasted 6 seconds - devastating :)

Jon Jones
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Alex is the man!

mmajudo
07-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Alex is the man!

yep, great trainer with big focus to the judo in the MMA :)