PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else interested in the Impact FC 17/7 card?

Yefyr
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Impact Fighting Championship (FC) is proud to delivery an incredible fight card to Sydney, Australia for 2010; ‘The Uprising’ series.

Impact FC has secured some of the worlds best fighters for their upcoming tournaments and will feature some huge names including Pride and UFC veterans. Fans will be thrilled to know that ‘Big John’ McCarthy, former head referee for the Ultimate Fighting Championship will be the referee for The Uprising series.

The Sydney fight card includes, former UFC Champion and Hall of Fame Member, Ken Shamrock taking on former UFC Champion, Hall of fame member and PRIDE Veteran, Pedro Rizzo.

FIGHT CARD*
Ken Shamrock VS Pedro Rizzo
Paul Daley VS Daniel Acacio
Bob Sapp VS Soa Palelei
Paulo Filho VS Denis Kang
Murilo “Ninja” Rua VS Jeremy May
Murilo Bustamante VS Jesse Taylor
Peter Graham VS Jim Yorke
Glover Teixeira VS Marko Peselj
Richie “Vas” Vaculik VS Glenn Taylor-Smith
Shane Nix VS Manuel Rodriguez

Personally I think this could be a really entertaining night of fights even though there are some fighters on this card well past their prime, they kinda make up for it with some new up and coming guys with great potential.

Going to be interesting to see how some of these fights play out, Paulo Filho's one of them. Hopefully he got his shit together and can get back to fighting up to his full potential.
Paul Daley's being another, I wasn't impressed by his actions at UFC 113 and it will be interesting to see how he handles himself this time around and if he can keep destroying guys with that brutal left hook.

Source: Impact FC - The Uprising - Sydney (http://www.impactfc.au.com/index.php/articles/article/2/3/1/The+Uprising++Sydney)

TBEAR
07-17-2010, 01:11 PM
WAR Semtex

Paulo Filho VS Denis Kang might the best fight in the night.

Overall good card

Yefyr
07-17-2010, 01:51 PM
WAR Semtex

Paulo Filho VS Denis Kang might the best fight in the night.

Overall good card

I don't know much about Daley's opponent but from what I have seen Paul should take this pretty easily and perhaps get picked up by strikeforce or bellator shortly after.

I think you may be right about the Filho vs Kang fight being fight of the night, I believe both have something to prove. I'm sure Kang isn't that satisfied with his last performance against Bisping and Filho as we all know has been through some issues and is on the comeback trail.

Based on what I have seen lately from Shamrock, I'm thinking Rizzo should take that fight pretty easy. There are some crazy good odds on Shamrock though, lol.

TheKidInside
07-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we broke this card down to promote it on last night's show, will be up in a few hours. I am stoked for this one!

Yefyr
07-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, we broke this card down to promote it on last night's show, will be up in a few hours. I am stoked for this one!

Interesting, how does this Podcast thing work? Is it like internet radio you stream somehow?

TheKidInside
07-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Interesting, how does this Podcast thing work? Is it like internet radio you stream somehow?

yes. all the shows are up on KnoqOut | Mixed Martial Arts Network (http://www.KnoqOut.com) yesterday's episode was number 36 but Kevo didn't send it to me yet...

kickass32
07-17-2010, 05:36 PM
It's been said before, but it bears repeating....Ken Shamrock may become a fatality of the cage against Pedro...and I AM being serious!

Yefyr
07-17-2010, 05:40 PM
yes. all the shows are up on KnoqOut | Mixed Martial Arts Network (http://www.KnoqOut.com) yesterday's episode was number 36 but Kevo didn't send it to me yet...

Ok thank you, I will check that out!

And kickass32 I think you may be right...lol

TBEAR
07-17-2010, 06:16 PM
It's been said before, but it bears repeating....Ken Shamrock may become a fatality of the cage against Pedro...and I AM being serious!

He is very close to done, but I think he lives through this one

He prob wont win, but he leaves the cage still breathing

Rumble
07-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Haven'heard from Glover Teixeira in awhile, hope he does well. This rest of the card is pretty stacked. Might have to check into this one. As for Ken.....God have mercy, because Pedro won't haha.