PDA

View Full Version : Human Cock Fighting? Give me a break, O'Reilly...

Dan
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd like to show you all a very interesting video that you may or not have seen before showing a debate between Fox news' Bill O'Reilly and Rich Franklin and Dana White.

Just one of the various flaws in O'Reilly's argument is that Ali was a BOXER, and not an MMA fighter, and the two are very different, with different dangers. I found this video quite hard to watch just because O'Reilly is so ignorant, and so many people will listen to the things he says without questioning them. I think it's a huge shame that MMA is still so misunderstood by so many.

VIDEO LINK: Bill O'Reilly vs. Dana White and Rich Franklin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKxxRsfpQs)

IceCold48
07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
dude that is soooooo old

kickass32
07-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I know I will get ripped for this by many, but I actually Like Bill O'Reilly. Without getting into something that would get this moved to the politics forum, being a very Conservative person, O'reilly gives us a voice in a Liberal dominated media......but I agree he is waaaayy behind the times on this issue and comes across as a uneducated Dick.

Dan
07-25-2010, 11:21 PM
dude that is soooooo old

Yeah, i know the vid is like 5 years old (Franklin was champ for a start) but, as I've only recently joined the board, I havent seen a thread about it, so i wanted to know what peoples opinions on it are, because even 5 years on, the sport is still misunderstood and criticised.

Dan
07-25-2010, 11:25 PM
I know I will get ripped for this by many, but I actually Like Bill O'Reilly. Without getting into something that would get this moved to the politics forum, being a very Conservative person, O'reilly gives us a voice in a Liberal dominated media......but I agree he is waaaayy behind the times on this issue and comes across as a uneducated Dick.

Whilst i stand completely opposed, that's fair enough for thinking that. My gripe with O'Reilly is his attitude in that he shouts down anyone who disagrees with his (or rather Fox's/Murdoch's) opinion. Granted, he doesnt have such an defensive attitude in this debate as he does in many others, but he still contributes to the reason MMA is so misunderstood with this feature.

kickass32
07-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I know O'Reilly comes across as the stereotypical ignorant hick that hates MMA..but not all Conservatives are like that....Like I said, I am a very Conservative person, and fell in love with MMA from the begining.

Dan
07-26-2010, 12:24 AM
I know O'Reilly comes across as the stereotypical ignorant hick that hates MMA..but not all Conservatives are like that....Like I said, I am a very Conservative person, and fell in love with MMA from the begining.

I see, I guess it's just as easy to assume all Conservatives are just like him, in the same way he assumes all MMA fighters are street brawlers with no other choice in life but to fight.

I'm really not a fan of Fox and I guess if you're paid enough money, anyone will say anything to support a particular agenda.

I mean I don't really think a political perspective would particularly affect how particular members of the public view MMA, as many people wouldn't identify themselves by their political stance, it's just I don't feel a station like Fox, that is so openly right-wing, is the right arena to be discussing the morals and ethics of Mixed Martial Arts.

kickass32
07-26-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't know if this is so much of a political thing, so much as it is a age thing....I could be way off base, but it does seem to me alot of the people voicing displeasure with MMA publicly are old dinosaurs!

Pasha K
07-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Well everyone has opinions and we will always have to listen to ignorant comments.
There will always be some idiot thinking that MMA is not a sport, is a fucking brawl between thugs, a human cockfighting etc etc. All we can do is dont give a fuck of what those morons think and continue to enjoy the sport.

drake_411
07-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Bill O'reilly is probably the most smug, ignorant, close-minded fuck on earth to ever have a following.

Dan
07-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Well everyone has opinions and we will always have to listen to ignorant comments.
There will always be some idiot thinking that MMA is not a sport, is a fucking brawl between thugs, a human cockfighting etc etc. All we can do is dont give a fuck of what those morons think and continue to enjoy the sport.

Well said my man!

mma #1 fan
07-27-2010, 06:23 AM
proud Conservative here and I live in Washington State. Rough for my kind out this way

CHAEL fan
07-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Bill O'reilly is probably the most smug, ignorant, close-minded fuck on earth to ever have a following.

Don't forget Rush Limbaugh as well.