PDA

View Full Version : The top heels in MMA today

IceCold48
07-28-2010, 07:22 AM
The top heels in MMA today - Cageside Seats (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/7/24/1585196/the-top-heels-in-mma-today)

i like the list actually thought brock might be too high considering hes starting to gain some respect ill just list the top 10 and you can click the link to read the reasoning and all that good stuff

10.Chal Sonnen
9. Anderson Silva
8. Josh Koscheck
7. James Toney
6. Frank Mir
5. Nick Diaz
4. Shinya Aoki
3. Tito Ortiz
2. Brock Lesnar
1. Dana White

CHAEL fan
07-28-2010, 08:04 AM
1) Ed Soares

Sniggles
07-28-2010, 09:11 AM
1) CHAEL fan

Pasha K
07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Tito, Dana, Chael, Toney, Overeem, Nick Diaz, Lesnar, Koscheck, Daley.

Chute_Boxe44
07-30-2010, 05:04 AM
1) Ed Soares

hahahaha priceless. I do have to say that Sonnen has to be number 1. That's just because of his ridiculousness, he clearly doesn't care what people think as long as he gets exposure. In a very starnge way I respect that haha.

And Dana White #1, what are you talking about?? If it wasn't for him and the Fertitta brothers we wouldn't be lucky enough to have sick cards the UFC put on each and every month. So hate all you want but its just the world of business dude.

CHAEL fan
07-30-2010, 05:46 AM
hahahaha priceless. I do have to say that Sonnen has to be number 1. That's just because of his ridiculousness, he clearly doesn't care what people think as long as he gets exposure. In a very starnge way I respect that haha.

And Dana White #1, what are you talking about?? If it wasn't for him and the Fertitta brothers we wouldn't be lucky enough to have sick cards the UFC put on each and every month. So hate all you want but its just the world of business dude.

Uncle Dana, the Fertitta Bros & Zuffa aren't heels....there heroes.

m1ckeykn0x
07-30-2010, 06:00 AM
I honestly think Brock will be falling away from that list soon.

Yeah...

He made his point as an asshole upon his entrance to the UFC. And Everyone in the world knows who he is now.

But he seemed pretty respectful in his match with Carwin, and I do not see him talking any shit to Cain either, but respecting him as well.

I really think Lesnar is going to favor the submission game with time, since he doesn't like to get punched in the face.

He will be unstoppable with a good submission game. Once he takes you down, plays your head like some bongos for a minute, he can easily squeeze your brains out of your head, or snap limbs like toothpicks. Brock is still such a baby in the sport it brings a tear to my eye when I think of what he's going to be capable of...lol.

Pasha K
07-30-2010, 06:39 AM

Do you really think that they make "sick" cards every month?
In that case it seems that we have a very different perception of what a really sick card is. Of 5 PPVs they make, maybe only 1 is a sick card, 3 are decent, and 2 are bad.

And Dana is a heel, just listen how he talks about anything Non UFC related.

Chute_Boxe44
07-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Do you really think that they make "sick" cards every month?
In that case it seems that we have a very different perception of what a really sick card is. Of 5 PPVs they make, maybe only 1 is a sick card, 3 are decent, and 2 are bad.

And Dana is a heel, just listen how he talks about anything Non UFC related.

o cry me a river man, it's called BUSINESS. And yes it does seem that our perceptions are different. MMA fans are becoming so spoiled now adays expecting the best of the best on every card. a "sick" card to me consists of good match making that in turn results in entertaining fights (ex: UFC 116). So if your to much of a hater to appreciate that then your just as spoiled as the rest.

KevoOnTheRadio
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Chael is number 1 right now. But after Anderson embarrasses him, nobody will care about Sonnen anymore. Then Nick Diaz will take his rightful place as #1.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
07-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't believe nobody added M1 yet. Kinda like some creepy, shadowy, mafia-esque ubercult.

m1ckeykn0x
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
1) Werdum.

Because he beat Fedor.

end it with a left
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
hardy does kinda have that heel appeal to him as well, not so much since he lost to gsp but definately before that was the road he was traveling

Pasha K
07-30-2010, 09:44 PM
o cry me a river man, it's called BUSINESS. And yes it does seem that our perceptions are different. MMA fans are becoming so spoiled now adays expecting the best of the best on every card. a "sick" card to me consists of good match making that in turn results in entertaining fights (ex: UFC 116). So if your to much of a hater to appreciate that then your just as spoiled as the rest.

A sick card should have more than 1 or 2 good matches, and UFC very rarely makes a card with more than 2 exciting matches. Its not that I am a hater, its just that I dont believe all the hype crap UFC does.
I have my own eyes and I can see by myself who is a really good fighter and who sucks, I dont need Dana or Rogan to tell in a video "this kid is fucking insane" so I think "Oh, if they say so then it must be correct".

Lesnar vs Carwin was entertaining because of the hype both of them receive, in terms of fighting ability neither of them 2 are Top 3 fighters.

UFc hyped that fight as the greatest HW bout ever, If I was a UFC noob I would have believed that, but fortunately i have been following MMA for some years and I can say that Carwin vs lesnar was not even close the biggest or greatest HW bout ever.

Call me a nuthugger if you want but I can assure you that 90% of knowledgeable MMA fans would agree with me that the greatest HW bout of all time is Crocop vs Fedor.

With the cards is the same thing, they make so much hype that they make you believe that its a really sick card when in reality if you forget the hype and just look at the quality of the fighters you can see that it is not the case at all.

Dan
07-31-2010, 02:01 AM
I honestly think Brock will be falling away from that list soon.
Yeah...
He made his point as an asshole upon his entrance to the UFC. And Everyone in the world knows who he is now.
(...)
I really think Lesnar is going to favor the submission game with time, since he doesn't like to get punched in the face.

Yeah, I think when Brock entered the sport he was aware of the fact that being an entertainer meant that he would get some huge attention, and it worked. He seems like a real decent guy in anything i've seen him in away from the ring/octagon, and he's just a good entertainer. I'm glad that he's showing everyone what he's really like, because he'll get a lot more respect that way. I mena, i know for one that i was really shocked when Lesnar/Carwin ended in submission. I mean they both got very gassed so it looked more likely as they went to the ground, but still, i didn't think Lesnar had it in him.

As for Dana?? No way is he a heel. He's just a guy that doesn't take any messing, demands respect, and wants the UFC to be the best it can.

Sonnen is this months number one, but after the Silva he'll be forgotten about. I've gotta say though, he's really good at it; he makes me dislike him, but makes me want to watch him fight/lose.

Chute_Boxe44
07-31-2010, 05:39 PM
A sick card should have more than 1 or 2 good matches, and UFC very rarely makes a card with more than 2 exciting matches. Its not that I am a hater, its just that I dont believe all the hype crap UFC does.
I have my own eyes and I can see by myself who is a really good fighter and who sucks, I dont need Dana or Rogan to tell in a video "this kid is fucking insane" so I think "Oh, if they say so then it must be correct".

Lesnar vs Carwin was entertaining because of the hype both of them receive, in terms of fighting ability neither of them 2 are Top 3 fighters.

UFc hyped that fight as the greatest HW bout ever, If I was a UFC noob I would have believed that, but fortunately i have been following MMA for some years and I can say that Carwin vs lesnar was not even close the biggest or greatest HW bout ever.

Call me a nuthugger if you want but I can assure you that 90% of knowledgeable MMA fans would agree with me that the greatest HW bout of all time is Crocop vs Fedor.

With the cards is the same thing, they make so much hype that they make you believe that its a really sick card when in reality if you forget the hype and just look at the quality of the fighters you can see that it is not the case at all.

See this just further displays what I'm talking about when it comes to being spoiled. How can you possibly say that UFC 116 only had 1 or 2 good fights?? Every fight was a gem. Some people just expect so much to happen each and ever time the org has a show. In the end they are pitting the best against the best OR they are making very interresting match ups. Of course not every match is going to live up to the hype created behind it, its just ridiculous to think that. I don't need the countdown shows to tell me what I should be expecting anyways. So don't act like I'm some bandwagon UFC nut hugger because I gurantee you I have been watching this sport just as long as you or most people on this site.

I just personally feel that the UFC as of right now has the highest quality match ups in terms of the best fighting the best on a consistent basis. Just my opinion.

And where at all did I say that Lesnar VS Carwin was the biggest HW bout of all time??

kickass32
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
I think there is a difference between what is perceived as a great card going into the fights and at the end. Some people feel a card can't be great without "star" power names on it, others feel it's the end results of the fights themselves. IMO there should be, at least some of 1 and lots of 2. But star power doesn't always translate into great shows...Henderson/Shields and Lawler/Mousasi was, on paper a great card, but those 2 fights were terrible.

Chute_Boxe44
08-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I think there is a difference between what is perceived as a great card going into the fights and at the end. Some people feel a card can't be great without "star" power names on it, others feel it's the end results of the fights themselves. IMO there should be, at least some of 1 and lots of 2. But star power doesn't always translate into great shows...Henderson/Shields and Lawler/Mousasi was, on paper a great card, but those 2 fights were terrible.

Exactly my views

kalebarker
08-02-2010, 11:43 PM
As for Dana?? No way is he a heel. He's just a guy that doesn't take any messing, demands respect, and wants the UFC to be the best it can.

Dana is one of the biggest heels in MMA. He gets hated on more than anyone else in the sport. According to some people, anything that the UFC does that they don't like is Dana fault.

Jon Jones
08-03-2010, 04:37 AM
I think King Mo has really good potential to be a legitimate heel.

Dan
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Dana is one of the biggest heels in MMA. He gets hated on more than anyone else in the sport. According to some people, anything that the UFC does that they don't like is Dana fault.

I know what you mean, because of Dana's blunt attitude, people either love him or hate him. I like him because he doesn't mess around or mince his words. If he likes something, he says it, if he doesn't, he lets everyone know. I've got a lot of respect for him.

H33LHooK
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I think we're going to have to define "heel" in the context of this thread.

For example, a guy can play the heel, but not actually be one (Chael? Tito?).

A guy can do things that rub people the wrong way, but does that make him a heel? (Dana? Dan Miragliotta? AS?)

And as for Brock, he seems to be playing the part of the anti-heel; acting all reformed and humble and whatnot.

Which ironically, in my books, makes him more of a heel than ever. :grinsmile17:

Dan
08-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I think we're going to have to define "heel" in the context of this thread.

For example, a guy can play the heel, but not actually be one (Chael? Tito?).

A guy can do things that rub people the wrong way, but does that make him a heel? (Dana? Dan Miragliotta? AS?)

And as for Brock, he seems to be playing the part of the anti-heel; acting all reformed and humble and whatnot.

Which ironically, in my books, makes him more of a heel than ever. :grinsmile17:

Brock's a strange one, because we all know he has been, essentially, an entertainer, for many years. And I read somewhere (i believe an interview with Brock) that he said he just likes to play the bad guy and that he's a cool guy in real life. I think hes just aware of the fact that loads of fans dislike him because he's swanned in from WWE, and been given a UFC title shot, and won the title, and thinks 'well i might as well play along...'

diceman23
08-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Koscheck rules the school as a heel..He could do great in the WWE!

CHAEL fan
08-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Semtex

Caine2878
08-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Scott Coker just for being the idiot he is.

CHAEL fan
08-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Scott Coker just for being the idiot he is.

Excellent choice.

Iron Triangle
08-27-2010, 02:26 AM
Diaz Bros. And even though I like most of these fighters: Frank Mir, Josh Koscheck, Paul Daley, and Matt Hughes.

snakebite
08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Chael is number 1 right now. But after Anderson embarrasses him, nobody will care about Sonnen anymore. Then Nick Diaz will take his rightful place as #1.

just want to know how you feel about it now after wathcing the fight? even though anderson won, i would say chael embarrased him.

my list for me, im not speaking for anyone else:

1. cock lesnar
2.frank mir
3.bisping (how the fuck is bisping not on the list? everyone hates him)
4.krotch-check
5.maynard
thats it i guess for my list

snakebite
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM

WHAT?!?! dana white gets a fucking BJ from the attendant at the gas station. If you really think dana is the BIGGEST heel in mma your crazy. He won 3 peoples choice awards for the best guy in MMA. 2 from spike and one from 2009 world mma awards. Every casual fan in the world loves dana white. And what the fuck do you mean, he runs the company, maybe thats why when ufc does something bad he gets blamed, ever think of that?

Chute_Boxe44
09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
just want to know how you feel about it now after wathcing the fight? even though anderson won, i would say chael embarrased him.

my list for me, im not speaking for anyone else:

1. cock lesnar
2.frank mir
3.bisping (how the fuck is bisping not on the list? everyone hates him)
4.krotch-check
5.maynard
thats it i guess for my list

Bisbing is an odd duck though, I wouldnt put him on the list as a heel. People dont hate him because he's a "bad guy", people just hate him because he's a douche haha. Same way as Tim Silvia. People just don't like him, but I still wouldnt call him a heel.

Mizzou
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't think Gray is a heel. If anything he's misunderstood. Josh Koscheck for sure is a modern day heel.

rob_bills
09-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Poor Bisping, always getting hated on.

CBDollawayFan
09-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Koscheck for sure. Some can say Chael, but he has a boatload of supporters out there. Some people simply despise Kos. I love him as a fighter though. Great power and superior wrestling. Nothings better than that.