PDA

View Full Version : something Id like to share about a Retina exam.

The Sword
08-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Well about 6 months ago I noticed a black spot in my eye. I really did not think any thing of it because my vision was not effected. About 2 months ago I was asked to fight 8/14/10. I beagn training an really working hard to get ready. Then about a week ago my fight for 8/14 was cancelled. But I already got another fight 9/18 so its all good. I started getting seeing shodows in my field of vison, Then I was reading that article about Alan, and started doing some readings on Retina. I had some of the same symptoms of a torn symptoms Retina. I dont have an eye doctor so I talked to some friends and got recommended one. I drove up to her office, told her I needed to make an appt. and the symptoms I was having. they told me that they did not want to wait and took me back right away for a retina exam. I got really worried.

I am thankful to report that my Retina but I do have what are called floaters, which the doc said is nothing to worry about. I have a new repect for what Alan is going through. My eyes are still a little sor from the exam. I am very thankful that I will be able to fight in sept. I know what Alan is going trough is way worse but I have a knew respect for the whole situation.

p.s. I sorry for any miss spellings My eyes are still a little blurry from the exam.

KevoOnTheRadio
08-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Best of luck to ya dude. I got some meds that helps with Glaucoma, not sure if it does the trick for detached retinas though haha

b1uef1ow
08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Floaters are fucking annoying and they suck, I hate mine so much... Least we still have our vision.

One-Way
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Good to hear your eyes are going to be alright.

The Sword
08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Floaters are fucking annoying and they suck, I hate mine so much... Least we still have our vision.

Hell yea they do. I just glad That I will still be able to fight.

Good to hear your eyes are going to be alright.
Thanks man.

Dan
08-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Woah that must have been pretty scary stuff man. Good to hear it's all good though, good luck with the fight/training!