PDA

View Full Version : Mirko Cro Crop VS James Toney

dmc_tim
08-16-2010, 08:00 PM
the Ultimate striking showdown, how do you mma fans see this going down??

TBEAR
08-17-2010, 05:02 AM
I pick James (i dont like James) but IMO he kos CC. I would pull for CC though

CC got outstruck by JDS and Barry....so I see James out boxing cc

Kimbo> Rampage
08-17-2010, 12:46 PM

:dry: really? why would cc box with toney, of course he would get ko'ed if he just traded hands, and cc couldn't take toneys shots, with his worsening chin. But barry is a legit kickboxer, also remember what he did to hardonk, who is also a legit kickboxer. Barry has great skills, hits and kicks very hard and decent speed, he knows what he is doing out there.

now or if they were in their prime cc would destroy toney, he could easily finish toney with leg or body kicks, but it would be great to see him land a lhk and knock toney tfo. Barry and cc dont nearly have the hands that toney has, but in order for barry to use his hands like he did against cc, you have to have a very good understanding of kickboxing vs. just defending against punches.

Black
08-17-2010, 01:44 PM
:dry: really? why would cc box with toney, of course he would get ko'ed if he just traded hands, and cc couldn't take toneys shots, with his worsening chin. But barry is a legit kickboxer, also remember what he did to hardonk, who is also a legit kickboxer. Barry has great skills, hits and kicks very hard and decent speed, he knows what he is doing out there.

now or if they were in their prime cc would destroy toney, he could easily finish toney with leg or body kicks, but it would be great to see him land a lhk and knock toney tfo. Barry and cc dont nearly have the hands that toney has, but in order for barry to use his hands like he did against cc, you have to have a very good understanding of kickboxing vs. just defending against punches.

+1 , yeah TBEAR why would CC stand and bang with Toney its not like he dont have any ground game... CC is not stupid...

beardown98
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
If CC doesn't take toney down and own his ass there
Then it would begin and end with a LHK

Kimbo> Rampage
08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
+1 , yeah TBEAR why would CC stand and bang with Toney its not like he dont have any ground game... CC is not stupid...

CC wouldnt and shouldnt try to take toney down, you could argue that it would be the smartest and safest idea for cc because he would either pound him out or submit him fast, but cc would murder toney standing, yes james does hit very hard, fast, and has great boxing and would always have a chance standing but cc would rips his legs up and finish him with a head kick.

MarceloGarcia4Prez
08-18-2010, 11:05 PM
eeek i dk id go with toney

IceCold48
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
james unfortunately

mirko got knocked out by gabe and randleman i dont think hed be able to take toney

MarceloGarcia4Prez
08-18-2010, 11:12 PM
james unfortunately

mirko got knocked out by gabe and randleman i dont think hed be able to take toney

agreed randleman punch floored him if toney connected with a clean shot it could be crocops retirement call

Xtremo
08-18-2010, 11:23 PM
The question is if Cro Cop would stand with Toney, or would he just take him down...

If he stands, he gets ko'd...CC's kickboxing, (sorry to say this, but its kinda true) is non-existing...he only boxes now and it does NOT look impressive, all's he does is get beat to the punch...so he resorts to his wrestling (I know sounds weird, "CC resorts to his wrestling" lol)

So if he takes Toney down, I see a tko stoppage due to cuts...

I picked Toney in the poll, but now I regret it because CC would probably not stand with Toney

Kimbo> Rampage
08-19-2010, 02:46 AM
I know that cc isnt in prime form, but look what he did to those bums in japan that that clearly had little knowledge of kickboxing and were not very well versed strikers, i know that James is far more dangerous than them, his boxing is great, but cc can really use his skills to the fullest against guys who dont know how to check kicks to the legs, body and especially the head. in the ufc he has had to worry about facing guys with great striking of their own (jds, kongo, barry gg has power) that are very well versed and have knowledge of kickboxing, he also has to worry about being taken down so he cant use as much kicks and cant fight like he would like. cc hasnt forgot how to kick, but against top competition he cant use everything. he would kick james so many times to the legs and body that he could finish that way and even send a couple up top. Im shocked that so many people picked toney. Toney is a great boxer, far better than anyone cc has faced and thats saying a lot for cc coming from k1, but without knowledge of kickboxing, he would get killed now, and a prime k1 cc vs. a prime toney, cc would deliver a more brutal head kick ko than he ever has. picture a guy wanting to stand with him, with doesnt know shit about kicks ( im not including the people who assume in this fight that toney knows how to defend against it, that is foolish, if he does as he says, not really worrying about the other aspects of fighting, cc would kill him.)

idc who put the top boxers against the top kickboxers and the boxers would get ktfo FAST. I do agree with a lot of boxers saying that the striking level in mma is a joke (for the most part, except for standouts like silva, shogun, machida, jds, aldo, rampage, cc, etc.) but as a always say not only is boxing not fighting, it isnt the highest level of striking. In the interviews following mercers short fight with remy he said he didnt want anything to do with kickboxing and was shocked how quickly a top boxer like himself would get overwhelmed. btw mercer is a boxer who is learning the other aspects of mma and if you listen to his interviews is really educated on what mma is and i wish him the best of luck, in boxing you cant find a tougher guy than mercer having wars with holyfield, lewis, holmes, etc.

Leucoethiops
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Crocop.

Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Left high kick.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Crocop.

Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Left high kick.

This.

DarkMage
08-31-2010, 05:29 PM
If CC doesn't take toney down and own his ass there
Then it would begin and end with a LHK

CC doesn't seem to throw LHKs anymore.

dexter
08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
CC doesn't seem to throw LHKs anymore.

I know! there must be something wrong with his legs man, he hasn't seemed right since the Gonzaga fight where he landed on it awkwardly.

Thamob
08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Crocop.

Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Low kick, circle away
Left high kick.

I think it would take only 2 of those then the high kick. If his legs aren't used to getting a beating it wouldn't take much for him to start guarding the low kick. How funny is it that I keep laughing at the potential idea of seeing Toney getting a kick to the head?

stpierrecanada
09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Cro Cop by leg kicks.

kickbox
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I pick James (i dont like James) but IMO he kos CC. I would pull for CC though

Thats becuase cro cop no longer is in his prime, thus he has no true heart to fight, he isnt willing anymore. I heard he even thought of committing suicide which proves he isnt at all mentally well. Cro cop has two tools to work with, he can follow up with a punch than a left high kick.

kickbox
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I know that cc isnt in prime form, but look what he did to those bums in japan that that clearly had little knowledge of kickboxing and were not very well versed strikers, i know that James is far more dangerous than them, his boxing is great, but cc can really use his skills to the fullest against guys who dont know how to check kicks to the legs, body and especially the head. in the ufc he has had to worry about facing guys with great striking of their own (jds, kongo, barry gg has power) that are very well versed and have knowledge of kickboxing, he also has to worry about being taken down so he cant use as much kicks and cant fight like he would like. cc hasnt forgot how to kick, but against top competition he cant use everything. he would kick james so many times to the legs and body that he could finish that way and even send a couple up top. Im shocked that so many people picked toney. Toney is a great boxer, far better than anyone cc has faced and thats saying a lot for cc coming from k1, but without knowledge of kickboxing, he would get killed now, and a prime k1 cc vs. a prime toney, cc would deliver a more brutal head kick ko than he ever has. picture a guy wanting to stand with him, with doesnt know shit about kicks ( im not including the people who assume in this fight that toney knows how to defend against it, that is foolish, if he does as he says, not really worrying about the other aspects of fighting, cc would kill him.)

idc who put the top boxers against the top kickboxers and the boxers would get ktfo FAST. I do agree with a lot of boxers saying that the striking level in mma is a joke (for the most part, except for standouts like silva, shogun, machida, jds, aldo, rampage, cc, etc.) but as a always say not only is boxing not fighting, it isnt the highest level of striking. In the interviews following mercers short fight with remy he said he didnt want anything to do with kickboxing and was shocked how quickly a top boxer like himself would get overwhelmed. btw mercer is a boxer who is learning the other aspects of mma and if you listen to his interviews is really educated on what mma is and i wish him the best of luck, in boxing you cant find a tougher guy than mercer having wars with holyfield, lewis, holmes, etc.

Why not have a boxer, go to mma and than try to use his footwork and boxing style and see how sloppy they would become as well due to the fact that you have to worry about everything thus there is no pure boxing which is what makes boxing look professional and precise becuase they dont worry about anything else. Boxers just box with one another thus they can position themselves to box with great form simply becuase thats all they are doing. Fedor had better hands than Toney, Mark Hunt also. Toney isnt Klitchko or Tyson lol. But im sure in a boxing match the strategic advantage would go to Toney because he actually has experience boxing, Fedor and Hunt would get ktfo in a boxing ring.