PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hunt vs James Toney

frogman
08-29-2010, 01:42 PM
this is will be a Great Match up

BigJoe111
09-09-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't think that Toney has the power to finish Hunt, but Mark will not take this to the mat and his striking isn't the most crisp, if he even hits Toney it would be luck. Toney by TKO with Hunt never going down.

xraygex
09-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I am completely okay with this.

Punk Ass
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Toney would make him look silly.

CHAEL fan
09-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Hunt would smash James.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
If Hunt shows up in shape and on point as the recent pics from his camp show, I think that Toney'd be in trouble because Hunt would be able to do something similar to what Crocop or Overeem would do and that's your basic legkick buffet. And if Hunt does impress in his UFC debut, I think it'd be best for them to utilize him in bouts vs. Kongo, Gabe, Barry and maybe even Mirko rather than waste a Toney fight with a relative unknown to the mainstream markets.

Personally, if they're gonna have Toney fight again, it should be vs. somebody who'll be willing to stand and trade but who has a bigger name, akin to say a Kongo or maybe Barry.

Punk Ass
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
If Hunt shows up in shape and on point as the recent pics from his camp show, I think that Toney'd be in trouble because Hunt would be able to do something similar to what Crocop or Overeem would do and that's your basic legkick buffet. And if Hunt does impress in his UFC debut, I think it'd be best for them to utilize him in bouts vs. Kongo, Gabe, Barry and maybe even Mirko rather than waste a Toney fight with a relative unknown to the mainstream markets.

Personally, if they're gonna have Toney fight again, it should be vs. somebody who'll be willing to stand and trade but who has a bigger name, akin to say a Kongo or maybe Barry.Leg Kicks are the only chance he would have. Hunt wasnt a good enough striker to beat cans in boxing, let alone one of the best to ever put on boxing gloves. If Toney learned minimal defense for leg kicks Hunt wouldnt have the slightest chance.

Kimbo> Rampage
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
we all know how hunt fought in pride and then in pride, relying on his chin and decent power to win the standup. that worked for him then and he had success but against toney he would kick him a lot and wouldnt be so dumb to trade hands with him. Hunt isnt known for his kicks too much but has WAY better than average kicks than most mma fighters.(doesnt go high with them, but would destroy toney's legs) He got away with out them at all in mma(also fearing takedowns) and in k1 his kicks werent as affective at that high of a level but against toney he would kick that shit out of him.

i always love the scenario people play out "if he boxed with toney in the fight" or just threw hands with him, the only one dumb enough to do that is timmeth.

Hunt would far be from my first choice, but especially against a guy like toney, who isnt that big and likes to fight in a lower stance, he would get KTFO by any top k1 striker now. Imagine what overeem would do to him, he would take his head off clean with a good knee followed by a brutal hk.

kickbox
11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Leg Kicks are the only chance he would have. Hunt wasnt a good enough striker to beat cans in boxing, let alone one of the best to ever put on boxing gloves. If Toney learned minimal defense for leg kicks Hunt wouldnt have the slightest chance.

Hunt was good enough as a striker to use both his extensive knowledge of kickboxing and his powerful good hands to defeat any boxer thats for sure. Fact is, his hands are very practical and precise and powerful,it works for K1 style fighting becuase this isnt an all out strategic matchup just using hands like in boxing. In boxing one needs to have a great strategy to be able to become world class..it isnt just about accuracy and power which Hunt has.Oh and for the record kickboxers who had been training for their entire lives checking kicks still fall victim to them so keep dreaming. Hunt would combine all his striking abilities to defeat this washed up boxer, who Hunt is very well capable of beating on a boxing match.

Repenter
12-25-2010, 04:38 PM
hunt. i don't know how toney would be able to deal with the power hunt can put into his kicks... and hunt would sure as hell have the ground advantage in this one shockingly.