PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei Silva vs. Matt Hughes your pic who would win?

prideFAN
06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
It would be alot better for them to fight in pride then the ufc so that fight fans can enjoy a nice long bout of MMA action. These two will not have a boring fight, but in the end I would go with the Axe Murderer Wanderlei Silva.

:afro:

Alvin
06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Well that's a no-brainer.

You have a Pride champion at LHW (UFC scales) facing a UFC champion at WW fighting at, presumedly LHW with Pride rules?!!?

nole
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
wow um maybe wand!!!

prideFAN
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
MY BAD . When I made this thread I ment to say CHUCK LIDDEAL not Matt Hughes. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

:sadsmile1:

Rhino_Man
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
LMFAO, I never seen this before.

For the record I take Wand on this one

killerinstinct
06-22-2006, 01:15 PM
it will never happen ,but even with the weight difference I'd take hughes.

kickass32
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
I can't stand Silva, I really hate him...so I'm going with Hughes, even though it won't happen......and I'd go with Chuck as well........

prideFAN
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I can't stand Silva, I really hate him...so I'm going with Hughes, even though it won't happen......and I'd go with Chuck as well........

Why do you hate Wanderlei Silva? Alot of people hate him but I don't understand why. He's is one of the best mma fighters today and he will take on any fighter pride throws at him. He's a great striker with nasty knock out power and he just got his black belt in BJJ not to long ago.

noren
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Hughes would kick Wand i think, mostly cuz Wand sucks on the ground and matt would take him down in nowtime. Just look at arona vs silva... But thats just my 5 cents :P

nole
06-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Hughes would kick Wand i think, mostly cuz Wand sucks on the ground and matt would take him down in nowtime. Just look at arona vs silva... But thats just my 5 cents :P
I think wand is a sick ground and pound fighter and has a great sprawl. I dont think hughes could take him down and wands stand up is to strong

kickass32
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Why do you hate Wanderlei Silva? Alot of people hate him but I don't understand why. He's is one of the best mma fighters today and he will take on any fighter pride throws at him. He's a great striker with nasty knock out power and he just got his black belt in BJJ not to long ago.

I can't stand him, Although he is a GREAT fighter.....I can't take that away from him!!

I find him very cocky, I recently watched an old pride on the fight channel, 25 I think.......Rampage beat Randleman and was getting a shot at Silva at the next pay per-view.....Silva jumped into the ring and gave Rampage the 2 hand shove to his chest setting off a little hoopla in the ring. I found that to be very classless.

nole
06-22-2006, 07:42 PM
thats his style he did the same thing after the shogun fight

kickass32
06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
thats his style he did the same thing after the shogun fight

See, to me that shows a complete lack of class and respect!!

nole
06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
i agree with you but wand can trow with any fighter and is one of the best

WandAXE
06-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I know the tread was wrong but for you dumb fucks that actually think Wand would loose to Hughes than you actually dont know anything about mma. Hughes give me a break yall sound like Mike Swick Fans, so could Franklin take Wand to or what cus Im sure Wand would take the fight.

nole
06-23-2006, 02:55 AM
hey mother fucker i said wand would kick his ass.

By the way MIKE SWICK #1

paul
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
well your the dumbass that don't know the difference in chuck liddell and matt hughes i mean those names arent even close come on chuck/matt not even a letter in the names matches what were you smokin cause i want some and i think it would be a close fight but wand would probably knock hughes out but with liddell i have to say it would be a damn slugfest but i think liddell would come out with the ko over silva

prideFAN
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
well your the dumbass that don't know the difference in chuck liddell and matt hughes i mean those names arent even close come on chuck/matt not even a letter in the names matches what were you smokin cause i want some and i think it would be a close fight but wand would probably knock hughes out but with liddell i have to say it would be a damn slugfest but i think liddell would come out with the ko over silva

Frist of all bitch, I've already said my bad about that shit. I hate pussies who get on the net just to take shit.

:fingersmilie:

Mastiff_owner
06-23-2006, 07:27 PM
I am going to assume you mean Chuck Liddell without reading the first two pages of the thread. Realistically i think Chick wins in the octagon because he will use it to avoid/get up from the takedown and his KO power would end the fight. In the pride ring wand wins by gNp. Don't forget Chuck is als well trained in BJJ we have just never seen it. Maybe he subs wand in the ring?

WandAXE
06-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Wand has a black belt in BJJ recently has got one. So that wouldnt happen due tu the fact that he hasnt been tappd or kod, in the past like 6 or 7 years, so that wouldnt happen so whats the argument? In a octagon chuck might win in a contravesial dec. In a ring ref stoppage, Wand.

kickass32
06-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Chuck in a KO in either setting

Alvin
06-23-2006, 08:18 PM
This fight would never happen in the US cos Silva can't fight without kicking or stumping on the head of a downed opponent.

The UK now allows stumps etc & I'm sure elbows are allowed.

Whatyasay, come on. I'll set up a ring in my back garden I'll even put up a fence for ya!

WandAXE
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Wand has fought in the US before, but he really was young so he might of burned has bridge with the UFC . He was achamp so you cant say he has to fight only by kickn someone on the ground.

Mastiff_owner
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
"chuck might win in a contravesial dec"

What is so controversial about getting KTFO which is what chuck would do to wand, particularly in the octagon

nole
06-24-2006, 01:16 AM
o wow go watch some wand fights then watch chuck fight against rampage, then you can come back to this forum

WandAXE
06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
"chuck might win in a contravesial dec"

What is so controversial about getting KTFO which is what chuck would do to wand, particularly in the octagon So are you sayn that Chuck can hit harder than Hunt he weighs about 280, Hunt couldnt drop him so what makes you think Chuck can. Another comparison Rampage was never hurt by Chuck , but Wand seemd to take care of him twice by ko and ref stoppage. If you dont know now you know. I Win.

Afro
06-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Wand would beat Chuck

ThaiRoundhouse
06-24-2006, 06:48 PM
See, to me that shows a complete lack of class and respect!!
dude don't blame silva for all that shit that went down after the shogun fight. he may be partially to blame but there was a lot going on to just blame him including coleman's crazy steroided-up ass. don't just throw silva under the bus. honestly its hard to point fingers at anybody because of the amount of confusion but I do believe coleman threw the first punch, if I am correct.

ThaiRoundhouse
06-24-2006, 06:50 PM
o wow go watch some wand fights then watch chuck fight against rampage, then you can come back to this forum
good call, I haven't actually seen the rampage/chuck fight but I know the results and they speak for themselves.

kickass32
06-24-2006, 08:55 PM
dude don't blame silva for all that shit that went down after the shogun fight. he may be partially to blame but there was a lot going on to just blame him including coleman's crazy steroided-up ass. don't just throw silva under the bus. honestly its hard to point fingers at anybody because of the amount of confusion but I do believe coleman threw the first punch, if I am correct.

I am going by what I saw on a replay, what 2 years after the fact......they didn't show Coleman doing anything.....all it was was Rampage on a mic saying that Rampage was now the #1 contender, and they were hooking up next......Silva, in his Missing link style stormed the ring and gave Rampage a 2 hand shove.......if there was more to that, the fight channel neglected to show it.........

nole
06-24-2006, 09:54 PM

Ya coleman did start that by going crazy then trying to stand up to ninja. But wand came in and hit coleman first, but he was just getting his boys back. Did you see the knot he put behind colemans ear, holy shit it was huge. But wand would have died if they didnt grab coleman because phil tackled wand and he ended up under coleman and coleman stepped on his throat and was trying to kill him, wand was turning purple. But it doesnt matter anyway wand could kick the shit out of coleman

meth1592
06-25-2006, 10:08 PM
liddel over wand. hughes would have trouble because of the weight difference.

nole
06-26-2006, 02:14 AM
you dont know shit, goto you tube and watch chuck get fucked up by rampage then watch wand knock rampage out of the ring. Then you can come back and talk, cause i bet you have not seen either fight

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 02:24 AM
you dont know shit, goto you tube and watch chuck get fucked up by rampage then watch wand knock rampage out of the ring. Then you can come back and talk, cause i bet you have not seen either fight
If you want to say that than Chuck KOed Tito and Vitor 2 guys who beat Silva.That reasoning is totally fucked up.Rampage and Silva are 2 different fighters.That's like saying Dennis Hallman is better than GSP b/c Hughes beat GSP and hallman beat Hughes twice.Your reasoning is fucked up. Liddell already had a fight b4 that fight on that night and he's improved a lot since that fight.Wanderlei has a weaker chin than Chuck and he wouldn't be able to out wrestle chuck so I don't really know how he'd win that fight.I think you're letting your biasm torwards pride get in the way of deciding who would win that fight.and don't reply with some dumbass coment like go watch a pride fight than come back.I watch pride fights.

nole
06-26-2006, 02:31 AM
how the fuck do you know i am biast towards pride when my boy is in the ufc and the other one is about to join ( Terrell and Tyson). I like both fighting organizations, i just think you cant talk about wand when it was like 6 years ago when those fights happend and the vitor one was 8. Chuck lost less than 2 and a half years ago to rampage so dont even bring up those bullshit stats cause they are weak.

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 02:33 AM
how the fuck do you know i am biast towards pride when my boy is in the ufc and the other one is about to join ( Terrell and Tyson). I like both fighting organizations, i just think you cant talk about wand when it was like 6 years ago when those fights happend and the vitor one was 8. Chuck lost less than 2 and a half years ago to rampage so dont even bring up those bullshit stats cause they are weak.
i know they're weak that's what i'm trying to tell you.Chuck losing to a guy 2 and half years ago has nothing to do with him fighting a completely different fighter now.

nole
06-26-2006, 02:38 AM
they are both different fighters and i stand up to people on this forum cause it is overrun with main stream UFC fans who probably started wathing after TUF season 1. If wand wins the OWGP i never want to hear anything about him and chuck again. Wand will prove himself as P4P the best in the world if he wins the OWGP

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 02:40 AM
i don't think he'll win.

nole
06-26-2006, 02:40 AM
but if he does will you admitt he can beat chuck?

WandAXE
06-26-2006, 04:05 AM
If you want to say that than Chuck KOed Tito and Vitor 2 guys who beat Silva.That reasoning is totally fucked up.Rampage and Silva are 2 different fighters.That's like saying Dennis Hallman is better than GSP b/c Hughes beat GSP and hallman beat Hughes twice.Your reasoning is fucked up. Liddell already had a fight b4 that fight on that night and he's improved a lot since that fight.Wanderlei has a weaker chin than Chuck and he wouldn't be able to out wrestle chuck so I don't really know how he'd win that fight.I think you're letting your biasm torwards pride get in the way of deciding who would win that fight.and don't reply with some dumbass coment like go watch a pride fight than come back.I watch pride fights. A weak chin . Thats why he has never been kod in Pride, dont say Chucks ground game is better. Wand hasnt been tapd also. Wand has a black belt in BJJ and he works alot on his wrestling thats why he uses the clinch, and grounds and pounds, so your not getting to far with this Kid.

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 04:25 AM
A weak chin . Thats why he has never been kod in Pride, dont say Chucks ground game is better. Wand hasnt been tapd also. Wand has a black belt in BJJ and he works alot on his wrestling thats why he uses the clinch, and grounds and pounds, so your not getting to far with this Kid.
i never said he had a weak chin i said he had a weaker chin than Chuck.I also never said that Chuck was better on the ground i said he was better wrestler.Atleast read the original post b4 responding to shit I didn't even say.

WandAXE
06-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Ok you put Chuck would out wrestle him so explain to me Im not getting it.

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Ok you put Chuck would out wrestle him so explain to me Im not getting it.
wtf is not to get?If you think Wand can out wrestle Chuck your crazy.The best wrestler to ever fight mma Randy Couture had difficulties taking Chuck down.How the hell is Silva going to take Chuck down?Chuck is better wrestler than Tito and Tito was a better wrestler than Silva....look there you go.I hope your happy your making me sound like Nole.

prideFAN
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
wtf is not to get?If you think Wand can out wrestle Chuck your crazy.The best wrestler to ever fight mma Randy Couture had difficulties taking Chuck down.How the hell is Silva going to take Chuck down?Chuck is better wrestler than Tito and Tito was a better wrestler than Silva....look there you go.I hope your happy your making me sound like Nole.

If they were to fight I don't think they'll be westling, but Wand dipped Mark Hunt to the ground in their fight and he out weighted Wand by 90 pounds. I think Wand would out westle Chuck, and Wand has a black belt in BJJ.

nole
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
first of all chuck has a weaker chin and got KO'd twice in the last 3 years and wand has not been KO'd for 8 years. A good take down defense doesnt mean you are a better wrestler, sure chuck isa good wrestler and probably has the best sprawl but not better wrestling than wand and his black belt in BJJ, who by the way has never been tapped out. Ok we will see how good a wrestler chuck is when he fights babalu and the we can bring up the wrestling again

WandAXE
06-26-2006, 03:19 PM
wtf is not to get?If you think Wand can out wrestle Chuck your crazy.The best wrestler to ever fight mma Randy Couture had difficulties taking Chuck down.How the hell is Silva going to take Chuck down?Chuck is better wrestler than Tito and Tito was a better wrestler than Silva....look there you go.I hope your happy your making me sound like Nole. Who said Wand would try to take him down any way? After Wand would drop him on his ass then the fight would be on the ground, by that time it would be to late. By you sayn that he is a better wrestler really dont mean shit when was the last time Chuck actually had to wrestle?

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
first of all chuck has a weaker chin and got KO'd twice in the last 3 years and wand has not been KO'd for 8 years. A good take down defense doesnt mean you are a better wrestler, sure chuck isa good wrestler and probably has the best sprawl but not better wrestling than wand and his black belt in BJJ, who by the way has never been tapped out. Ok we will see how good a wrestler chuck is when he fights babalu and the we can bring up the wrestling again
Chuck has never been KOed.He got TKOed by Couture and Rampage.good take down defense doesn mean your a good wrestler.Your ability to sprawl and avoid takedowns is your wrestling ability.Chuck has a better chin than Silva.Babalu won't take chuck to the ground.

nole
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Chuck has never been KOed.He got TKOed by Couture and Rampage.good take down defense doesn mean your a good wrestler.Your ability to sprawl and avoid takedowns is your wrestling ability.Chuck has a better chin than Silva.Babalu won't take chuck to the ground.

8 of babalus last 9 fights were won by sub or dec. you think he is going to make the same mistake as everyone else and go toes with chuck, uh no. a fuckin tko is damn near the same thing just the differnce of the ref saving your ass. Rampage didnt tko wand so how does chuck have more chin, fuckin think

killerinstinct
06-27-2006, 11:46 PM
no way babalu is going to take this fight to the ground.did you see their last fight?that KO was Brutal!!!!

nole
06-27-2006, 11:49 PM
no way babalu is going to take this fight to the ground.did you see their last fight?that KO was Brutal!!!!
which is the exact reason why he is going to try to goto the ground

killerinstinct
06-27-2006, 11:52 PM
which is the exact reason why he is going to try to goto the ground
he might try.lol

nole
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
he might try.lol
that is his only option

HollywoodHogan
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Why does wanderlei Silva do that thing with his wrists before he fights?
That's like the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. :(((

Whacha gonna do when Hulk Mania runs wild and destroys you!?

prideFAN
06-28-2006, 10:32 AM

The stupidest thing I've ever seen is a Hulk Hogan fan.:afro:

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 02:33 AM
The stupidest thing I've ever seen is a Hulk Hogan fan.:afro:
agreed

nole
06-29-2006, 02:50 AM

your gay

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 02:51 AM
your gay
your gay?way to prove your point.....uh wait what is your point again?

nole
06-29-2006, 08:21 PM
your gay?way to prove your point.....uh wait what is your point again?
o sorry did i hit a soft spot, im sorry i didnt know gay people liked MMA

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 08:34 PM
real mature.I'm not gay I've never been with a man in my life.Your mom doesn't count how was I supposed to know she had balls?

nole
06-29-2006, 08:38 PM
real mature.I'm not gay I've never been with a man in my life.Your mom doesn't count how was I supposed to know she had balls?
well it came off pretty gay and so did that

flashy
06-29-2006, 09:00 PM

you just insulted the entire Carlos Newton fan club

nole
06-29-2006, 09:10 PM
you just insulted the entire Carlos Newton fan club
hahaha sick

Raiders18
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Wand would own Hughes.