PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Quality Muscle Mass

Alwaysbelieve1
12-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Here is the Layman's science behind it all...

Eat like this: Click Here (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Always_Believe_In_1/index.php?showtopic=98)

- Add more low - intermediate index glycemic carbs such as Yams, Old Fashion Oats(never quick oats or steel cut), fruits, and whole grains.

- Also add more nuts such as peanuts(help testosterone regualtion), cashews, pistachios, and almonds. Nuts are calorie dense and supply good fats and a small amount of protein. You can make your own healthy trail mix with dried oats and a few nuts to blend in along with raisins.

- Make sure every meal as 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb. of body weight. This will make sure you continue to build quality muscle.

Just so you know if you gain between 10-15 lbs. of muscle a year that is good. It doesn't sound like much, but give it 5 years- WOW! You just gained 50-75 lbs. of quality muscle weight.

It is a science and you have to apply it right. You just don't stumble across weight gain unless it's fat. Remember that...

Sleep at least 8-9 hours a night. This is when your body recovers. You build 75% of your muscle while sleeping so if you neglect it you can kiss your results goodbye. Good sleep and nutrition will also keep your metabolism and immune systems high so that you are strong.

The last step is train smart and train hard- always. Never over-train or you will see negative results.

Hypergit
12-20-2006, 02:47 PM
- Make sure every meal as 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb. of body weight. This will make sure you continue to build quality muscle.

So in your opinion, a 200lb man eating 6 meals a day should consume 2.4 kg of protein per day (2x6x200).

That's too much. You must mean per day, not per meal?

Alwaysbelieve1
12-20-2006, 07:08 PM
So in your opinion, a 200lb man eating 6 meals a day should consume 2.4 kg of protein per day (2x6x200).

That's too much. You must mean per day, not per meal?

In the case of a 200lb. man he should then eat approximately 66 grams(at most) per meal if he ate 6 meals. I would advise him that 66 grams at one time would be highly too much as a typical man's body can only digest about 50(on average) every couple hours. I then would recommend him to eat about 8 meals a day which would be a much more manageable diet to maintain that amount of protein.

My recommendations are for extreme muscle building and should not be applied to the every day individual. These are not even my goals. As seen in my avatar pic I am not a huge bodybuilder- nor do I aspire to be such- I only desire superior conditioning while maintaining an overall well-being.
That seems to be the goal of many clients in which I train and people I come across during my 9 years of training. In this case I would recommend about 1 gram of protein for every pound of LEAN tissue spread over 5-6 meals a day. :)

Metalhead
12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
I really don't mean to disrespect here. Is that picture in your avatar a picture of you? You're body is in better shape than mine, but if following your meal plans is going to give me a body like yours I think I"ll pass. Where's the definition?

Again, seriously, no disrespect, I'm just sayin'.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-20-2006, 09:51 PM
I really don't mean to disrespect here. Is that picture in your avatar a picture of you? You're body is in better shape than mine, but if following your meal plans is going to give me a body like yours I think I"ll pass. Where's the definition?

Again, seriously, no disrespect, I'm just sayin'.

Yes that is me in my avatar and thank you very much for your nice compliment.

when I prepare and/or recommend meal plans for individual's I do not do so with my personal goals in mind. In fact proper dietting for most folks i quite simple. I encourage to eat as natural, close to nature and basic as possible in order to achieve optimal results.

Based upon what you have mentioned regarding your work schedule I would highly recommend a balanced day of small meals(whether they be shakes, bars or food) in order to keep your metabolism high. also doing so will provide you with a great amount of energy fr the day and your workouts. Eatting smaller amount of balanced carbs, protein, and fats will provide your body with the vital nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, enzymes, etc that it needs to be healthy and function on superior levels- in turn achieving overall well-being. :) I don't want or expect anyone to want their body like mine. To each their own and to each their genetic own(know what I mean?).

That is my ultimate goal for myself and goal for all of my clients as well.

I hope that makes sense. If you have any other questions please feel free to always ask me. :)

*by the way- what's wrong with my body? ;)

Metalhead
12-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh nothing is wrong with your body, there's just a lack of definition that you would expect from a hardcore guru. I'm not one to talk though, I mean, get a 6'4'' ruler with a head and you have me.

Thanks for the advice though.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I do have 10% bodyfat, but am also not trying to be a bodybuilder which is shredded. Not even close. As I mentioned my goals are only to possess superior conditoning- which I ahave. :)