PDA

View Full Version : expired supplements

Warchief
12-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I have two bottles of calcium tablets and it contains 100 tabs each bottle. but it already expired four months ago. what to do you think guys, should i used this? is this calcium tabs still have good effect to my body? because it such a big waste if i just trew this all in the garbage. i just want to inform and all of your post and suggestions will be appreciate.

Clint
12-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Personally I would take a few of them and make sure you feel fine (I don't know why you wouldn't but its always good to check) and if it was all okay I would take them. Just try to use them up pretty quickly after the bottles have been opened.

Warchief
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Personally I would take a few of them and make sure you feel fine (I don't know why you wouldn't but its always good to check) and if it was all okay I would take them. Just try to use them up pretty quickly after the bottles have been opened.
I just trying to be cautious, because im a bit aware of side effects (if this tablets have).but i will simply check this first and see if is o.k. thanks for your advise man.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Calcium won't cause any damage to you. The only issues you will run into is potency. As a synthetic product nears expiration it loses its strength. It can even drop to below 50% absorbency.

Personally I would simply take them back to wherever you purchased them and try to exchange them for current bottles. If that doesn't work, and it was me, I wouldn't use them.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-22-2006, 05:53 AM
they will be fine, if it is too much for your body, you will piss the excess out.

Not necessarily with calcium- with B-vits and other water solubles yes.

liddell316
12-23-2006, 05:46 AM
On the same topic....I have some Calcium Citrate pills but I didn't know if these were the same as getting a bottle of just plain calcium pills, is one better then the other?

Alwaysbelieve1
12-23-2006, 06:54 AM
On the same topic....I have some Calcium Citrate pills but I didn't know if these were the same as getting a bottle of just plain calcium pills, is one better then the other?

Citrate is a more absorbable form of calcium(citrate malate is the most) where there are other forms such as carbonate that is the typical store shelf types & the form that is in milk.

liddell316
12-23-2006, 04:24 PM
So citrate is better to take or not much of a difference?

Alwaysbelieve1
12-23-2006, 06:43 PM
So citrate is better to take or not much of a difference?

As I previously stated: Citrate is a more absorbable form of calcium. That means it is better- yes.

Warchief
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
they will be fine, if it is too much for your body, you will piss the excess out.
your right mate and i starting to piss a lot today.:grinsmile1:

Alwaysbelieve1
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
your right mate and i starting to piss a lot today.:grinsmile1:

It will not make you urinate any more than you normally do. What he meant by that is your body will release what it doesn't need into your urine and stool.

Warchief
12-24-2006, 05:35 AM
It will not make you urinate any more than you normally do. What he meant by that is your body will release what it doesn't need into your urine and stool.
Bob i live here in manila (phillipines). theres an old american guy here and his name is bob garon, is he your relative?

Alwaysbelieve1
12-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Bob i live here in manila (phillipines). theres an old american guy here and his name is bob garon, is he your relative?

No clue. That is my name as well. Where in the U.S. is he from?

Warchief
12-24-2006, 08:50 AM
No clue. That is my name as well. Where in the U.S. is he from?
I dont know yet. he has a two t.v. shows here." bob garon debate and garon's family affair". w/ his filipina wife and his kids.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I dont know yet. he has a two t.v. shows here." bob garon debate and garon's family affair". w/ his filipina wife and his kids.

Yeah I have heard of him by web searching a while back, but didn't know he was in the Philippines. That's wild that he and I have the same name. My last name isn't that common at all.