PDA

View Full Version : Who wins this UFC 155 and under Super 8 Man Tourney?

LefthookStcrook
11-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Faber/Edgar/Cruz/Aldo/Maynard/Penn/Henderson or Torres?

Hypothetically of course, lets say the UFC put together 8 of their best 155 and under fighters and had a tournament, who wins er?

For those who would say that it depends on the match ups, which is true, lets use these match ups for shits n giggles.

Faber/Edgar
Cruz/Aldo
Maynard/Penn
Henderson/Torres

All 3 round fights, except for the Finale, who wins er????

My self Id say:

Edgar>Faber by Decison
Aldo>Cruz by KO
Maynard>Penn by Decision.
Torres>Henderson KO or Decision

Aldo>Edgar by Decision or TKO via Leg kicks.
Maynard>Torres by Decision

Leaving Aldo>Maynard by KO or TKO in RD 4

Thoughts?

Pasha K
11-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Edgar beats Faber by desicion
Aldo beats Cruz by KO
Penn beats Maynard by TKO
Henderson beats Torres by desicion

Aldo beats Edgar by TKO
Penn beats Henderson by TKO

Aldo beats Penn by desicion

Winner:

JOSE ALDO

kalebarker
11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Edgar > Faber tko 3rd
Aldo > Cruz KO 2nd
Penn Maynard > Sub 3rd
Hendo > Torres KO 1

Edgar > Aldo Decision
Penn > Hendo Sub 3rd

Edgar > Penn Decision

petchicken
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
alright since im stoned and bored ill try it out

Edgar>Faber via Decision
Aldo>Cruz via KO Rd 2
Maynard>Penn via Decision (this is a bad matchup for BJ)
Henderson>Torres via TKO Rd 3

Aldo>Edgar via TKO Rd 3 (probably kicking his legs out like he did against faber)
Maynard>Henderson via Decision (bad matchup for Henderson too, Gray would use his superior strength and wrestling to control the entire fight)

Aldo>Maynard via KO Rd 4

but if the matchups were different I could see Edgar, Maynard, Penn, or Henderson winning this too.

LefthookStcrook
11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
alright since im stoned and bored ill try it out

Edgar>Faber via Decision
Aldo>Cruz via KO Rd 2
Maynard>Penn via Decision (this is a bad matchup for BJ)
Henderson>Torres via TKO Rd 3

Aldo>Edgar via TKO Rd 3 (probably kicking his legs out like he did against faber)
Maynard>Henderson via Decision (bad matchup for Henderson too, Gray would use his superior strength and wrestling to control the entire fight)

Aldo>Maynard via KO Rd 4

but if the matchups were different I could see Edgar, Maynard, Penn, or Henderson winning this too.

Almost exactly how I have it. Maynard is a bad match up for alot of those guys mainly because he is so huge for the weight and his wrestling is top notch. But I still say Aldo take er all home, using foot work and kicks.

Didnt even think, I should have added a poll, any help mods??

hurt80
11-28-2010, 08:08 PM
i would take penn over maynard and henderson over torres, then penn over henderson leaving penn vs aldo and i take penn to win it all. i think penn beats everyone on this list except edgar, i just think edgars speedy in and out wrestling style is penns cryptonite, as long as he avoids edgar penn wins it all....IMHO of course

this would be an awesome tournament that i would give my left nut to see!!! talk about some dream matches!

jrcbk
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Edgar > Faber tko 3rd
Aldo > Cruz KO 2nd
Penn Maynard > Sub 3rd
Hendo > Torres KO 1

Edgar > Aldo Decision
Penn > Hendo Sub 3rd

Edgar > Penn Decision

lol I love how even in an 8-man tourney, it STILL ends with BJ going up against his kryptonite in Edgar. BTW, what strategy do you think Edgar would use to decision Aldo? Speed's a push, standup goes to Aldo, maybe wrestling advantage top Edgar. Thoughts?

pantomime horse
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I won't go through this fight by fight, but even though Penn lost his 155 title, I'd say he could win that tournament. In fact, I'd say he has the best chance of all those listed.

CHAEL fan
11-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Jose Aldo wins it.

TheDoucheyWun
11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Aldo/Penn are your favorites here, but none you guys see the biggest of them Maynard humpping his way through this 8 man orgy?

Masscore
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
I really do not see how anyone would think Aldo would beat Penn, Edgar or Maynard. Hell I think Henderson would beat Aldo.

Anyway the finals would be Edgar v. the winner of Penn/Maynard. Edgar would pull it off just too well rounded for everyone in the tourny which is pretty crazy to say because this tourny includes Penn.

carbondioxide830
11-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Edgar > Faber via unanimous decision
Aldo > Cruz via 2nd round tko (strikes)
Penn > Maynard via 3rd round submission
Henderson > Torres via split decision

Edgar > Aldo via unanimous decision
Penn > Henderson via split decision

Penn > Edgar via 3rd round submission

edit: this is fun, we should do more!!!!!!!

LefthookStcrook
11-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Seems like the consensus is Aldo, Penn or Edgar.

I cant see Edgar beating Aldo myself, Aldo is arguably quicker then Frankie with way better striking. Sure Edgars got the wrestling advantage, I just Think Aldo would pick his legs apart much like Faber, especially in a five round fight. And Aldo's sprawl game is looking pretty good latley

We already knows what happens when Penn and Edgar fight lol

But Aldo/Penn at 155 sounds pretty interesting to me. Would Aldo's speed and kicks frustrate Penn much like Edgar did? Or would Bj catch Aldo with a punch 3 weight classes harder?

With so much talent at 155 and under its a shame we wont see all of the awsome match ups that are out there. Such as Aldo/Penn

Rise
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Penn takes it if he doesn't fight Edgar
Maynard takes it if he doesn't fight Penn or Henderson
Edgar takes it if he doesn't fight Maynard or maybe Aldo
Aldo takes it if he avoids Maynard and Edgar
Faber can't see him beating 3 of these guys in a row
Cruz and Torres are talented there just to small to be threats to anyone here

This just comes down to who meets who in each particular match up could see this tournament play out a lot of different ways depending on the match ups.

LethalStriker
11-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Kind of unfair for the Bantams in this tourney, theyre' givng up to much size.

kalebarker
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
lol I love how even in an 8-man tourney, it STILL ends with BJ going up against his kryptonite in Edgar. BTW, what strategy do you think Edgar would use to decision Aldo? Speed's a push, standup goes to Aldo, maybe wrestling advantage top Edgar. Thoughts?

He has to take Aldo down. He has very good foot work and transitions. If he uses his striking and movement to setup the shot he shouldn't have too much trouble taking Aldo down. He has to do it as early and as much as possible as well. If he tries to stand for too long he is just going to get chopped down and he'll have a hell of time taking it to the ground.

One advantage I think he has going for him is he is really good in the scrambles. That would be key factor in keeping Aldo down and neutralizing his kicks.

The Donosaur
12-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Maynard probably wins this more times than anybody else cosidering he has already proven he can beat Edgar...I think he wins every fight thats not against BJ Penn & I think he beats him sometimes too...