PDA

View Full Version : Who would win Matt Hughes vs. Rich Franklin?

BIG FLO
06-24-2006, 01:03 AM
If these two were to meet at a catch weight of say 180 ibs. who do you think would win? How would this fight go? I think it would be an interesting fight.

Afro
06-24-2006, 01:08 AM
hmmm this is real tough

I honestly think Hendo would beat Franklin, but Franklin vs Hughes? shoot.. ima go with Hughes, Franklin doesnt look real sharpe on the ground and I think Matt can take him there and finish the fight.

nole
06-24-2006, 01:29 AM
rich would win because of size and strength alone. Rich is huge and could fight LHW if he wanted to

killerinstinct
06-24-2006, 02:37 AM
i'd take hughes.yeah there's size advantage ,but i don't think there's a strength advantage.B4 tuf 2 started the winner of the tanner/franklin fight would be the coach and if tanner would've won hughes would've came up in weight to fight him after the show was over ,but he didn't want to fight rich b/c they're good friends.

WandAXE
06-24-2006, 03:41 AM
That match would never happen like the 16 year old kid said. They are friends, which is stupid that would be a big money fight. I would go Rich just because he is a fuckn monster compared to Matt. Even if they met at 180 after the wiegh in, Rich would be like 200.

nole
06-24-2006, 04:57 AM
fuck ya he would. Rich when he doesnt weigh in is probably like 210. He is sick

jwistead
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it'll never happen.... but we can dream :)

I think Rich would KO Hughes. Trigg had Hughes rocked, and I think Rich's punches are a lot more devastating than that. Look at the Nate Quarry KO, or Loiseau's face after five rounds.

I do agree, though, Hughes ground game is better than Franklin's. If I were Hughes in that fight, I would probably try to stay on the inside and bring things to the ground (to state the obvious, I guess).

Matt Hughes vs. GSP? I see GSP winning by KO or ref stoppage (punches). I mention this, because I think Hughes vs. GSP would probably be similar in some ways to how Hughes vs Franklin would go down.

killerinstinct
06-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it'll never happen.... but we can dream :)

I think Rich would KO Hughes. Trigg had Hughes rocked, and I think Rich's punches are a lot more devastating than that. Look at the Nate Quarry KO, or Loiseau's face after five rounds.

I do agree, though, Hughes ground game is better than Franklin's. If I were Hughes in that fight, I would probably try to stay on the inside and bring things to the ground (to state the obvious, I guess).

Matt Hughes vs. GSP? I see GSP winning by KO or ref stoppage (punches). I mention this, because I think Hughes vs. GSP would probably be similar in some ways to how Hughes vs Franklin would go down.
trigg had hughes rocked after an intentional low blow that the dumbass ref mario didn't acknoledge.and how the hell are you going to talk bad about hughes ability to take a punch?Look at Franklin he doesn't exactly hold an iron jaw.

meth1592
06-25-2006, 10:18 PM
franklin easily over hughes. franklin is to big and i dont think hughes could take him down for his trademank g and p.

Bran
06-27-2006, 01:06 AM
franklin is too methodic and too calm in the octagon for hughes to take him. if hughes managed to get him on the ground though, franklin would probably be in trouble. and as for the trigg fight, true he got a lowblow, but i don't think it was intentional, though mario should have definitely caught it. kudos to hughes for sucking it up and pulling the submission victory though.

killerinstinct
06-27-2006, 02:32 AM
it was intentional.It wasn't just one low blow it was a couple and instead of doing the respectable thing and backing up and letting your opponent have time to recover he charges him.

HollywoodHogan
06-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I am afraid Matt Huges would be owned by Rich Franklin.
Rich is just way too big for Matt to handel and his striking is so much better than Matt's. Winner: Rich Franklin due to cuts.

#1taz
06-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I agree with what was said about Trigg...it was pretty obvious he hit Hughes in the nuts intentionally when Trigg figured out he was losing the fight to Matt.

But then Matt picked Trigg's ass up and carried him halfway across the octagon and slammed his ass down good...then beat on him and choked him out.

And Trigg had pulled the same crap before...back when he was losing when he fought Dennis Halman and took his non-ufc title. Halman couldn't continue worth a damn because Trigg intentionally kicked Halman as hard as he could dead-square in the nuts.

And after the fight was over...when Halman protested the decision...that organization told him there was no current rules governing it....so basically since Halman couldn't continue - he lost the fight and his title to Trigg.

Halman demanded a rematch with Trigg over and over..but Trigg ducked him for a long time and talked a lot of smack about Halman being a pussy.

That's why Halman pounded the crap out of Trigg, then held on to his hold for so long...even though Trigg tapped...which damn near broke and tore Trigg's arm off when he faced him again....a few years or so later.

IMHO..Frank Trigg is a punk...and a cheater.

I'm glad Trigg retired...MMA is better off without guys like that.

HollywoodHogan
06-28-2006, 05:13 AM
so you can just kick the other guy in the nuts and become a UFC champ?
Hey I dont mind doing that, lol.

Largest arm in the world brother!

#1taz
06-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Read my post again...it was not in the ufc.
And when Halman got even with Trigg...it wasn't either.

And WTF is with all of the Hulk Hogan crap....the guy is a washed-up old ex-"wrestler" who's only real talent was playing locker room and backstage politics, marketing himself too much while holding younger guys down, and taking steroids and growth hormones by the bucket full while telling the whole world what a wholesome guy he was.

Now he's kissing Vince's nuts just to get a few dumb gimmick matches....and doing some lame-ass copycat wannabe "reality" show on cable TV to try to help pass off his spoiled daughter as a "singer".

As a "wrestler" he sucked technically, and as an actor he sucked even worse....lol

So why bring a bunch of BS about that fake scripted crap here to an MMA forum?

MMA fighters are the real deal.....get a clue FFS.

HollywoodHogan
06-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Read my post again...it was not in the ufc.
And when Halman got even with Trigg...it wasn't either.

And WTF is with all of the Hulk Hogan crap....the guy is a washed-up old ex-"wrestler" who's only real talent was playing locker room and backstage politics, marketing himself too much while holding younger guys down, and taking steroids and growth hormones by the bucket full while telling the whole world what a wholesome guy he was.

Now he's kissing Vince's nuts just to get a few dumb gimmick matches....and doing some lame-ass copycat wannabe "reality" show on cable TV to try to help pass off his spoiled daughter as a "singer".

As a "wrestler" he sucked technically, and as an actor he sucked even worse....lol

MMA fighters are the real deal.....get a clue FFS.

well, I actually agree with everything you said above. But you know something Mean Gean! You can't deny the fact that Hulkmania and the largest arm in the universe brought more money than any puny mma stars.
Almighty dollar is where the power lies, brother. When Andre the giant and Hulk Hogan met at the Pontiac Silverdome with 90,000 fans screaming, fake or no fake, money was real brother. haha just kidding.

killerinstinct
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=#1taz]And WTF is with all of the Hulk Hogan crap....the guy is a washed-up old ex-"wrestler" who's only real talent was playing locker room and backstage politics, marketing himself too much while holding younger guys down, and taking steroids and growth hormones by the bucket full while telling the whole world what a wholesome guy he was.

QUOTE]
i've been saying this for years.

#1taz
06-28-2006, 09:09 PM
But you know something Mean Gean! You can't deny the fact that Hulkmania and the largest arm in the universe brought more money than any puny mma stars.
Almighty dollar is where the power lies, brother. When Andre the giant and Hulk Hogan met at the Pontiac Silverdome with 90,000 fans screaming, fake or no fake, money was real brother.

If you think all MMA guys are all puny...then you have never went to very many live matches and took a good close look at any LHW or HW fighters FFS.

Try telling any one them that to their face...or see if one of your phony "sports entertainers" has the balls to do it for you....lol

And yeah..."wrestling" was big in the seventies, the eighties, and part way through the nineties...but so was cocaine, meth, men wearing mullets, fat girls wearing spandex, and freakin' disco...BFD.

Vince sure as hell isn't selling out too many huge stadiums now...and the ufc doesn't hang tarps or arrange their cameras and seating to make the arenas look fuller...or use clever editting and fake dubbed-in applause to make ther guys and the matches look better either.

MMA is on the rise and taking over as the sport to watch ...way over boxing or "sports entertainment"...because people want to see real multi-talented fighters put it all on the line for the fans in real matches...not watch Vince either have people's faces shoved up - or get on their knees and kiss his old wrinkled gay ass.

People want realistic competition and action...not boring soap opera drama and fake bimbos doing boring pg-rated crappy gimmick matches.

If you dislike MMA so much and you think "pro wrestling" or "sports entertainment" is so much better... then why bother to post here at all?

There are lots of sites about that crap for you and other marks like you to hang out in.

Kemo
06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I enjoy watching pro wrestling and MMA, although I'm more what one would consider a "casual fan" of both.

What's fun to watch, is fun to watch.

HollywoodHogan
06-29-2006, 12:30 AM
If you think all MMA guys are all puny...then you have never went to very many live matches and took a good close look at any LHW or HW fighters FFS.

Try telling any one them that to their face...or see if one of your phony "sports entertainers" has the balls to do it for you....lol

And yeah..."wrestling" was big in the seventies, the eighties, and part way through the nineties...but so was cocaine, meth, men wearing mullets, fat girls wearing spandex, and freakin' disco...BFD.

Vince sure as hell isn't selling out too many huge stadiums now...and the ufc doesn't hang tarps or arrange their cameras and seating to make the arenas look fuller...or use clever editting and fake dubbed-in applause to make ther guys and the matches look better either.

MMA is on the rise and taking over as the sport to watch ...way over boxing or "sports entertainment"...because people want to see real multi-talented fighters put it all on the line for the fans in real matches...not watch Vince either have people's faces shoved up - or get on their knees and kiss his old wrinkled gay ass.

People want realistic competition and action...not boring soap opera drama and fake bimbos doing boring pg-rated crappy gimmick matches.

If you dislike MMA so much and you think "pro wrestling" or "sports entertainment" is so much better... then why bother to post here at all?

There are lots of sites about that crap for you and other marks like you to hang out in.

You need to chill out, I am just having fun and stop stalking me on the forum you creepy bastard. That's the reason why you have never had a date in your life cos you're CREEEEEEEEPY. Now get out of your parent's basement and pick up some groceries for your mom, the only woman who would ever love you. haha. Creeeeeeeepy.

HollywoodHogan
06-29-2006, 05:08 AM
OOOH...you're a real real tough guy...huh?

So your plan now is what?

To try to type me to death for stating the obvious?

For a roody-poo-candy-ass "pro wrestling" mark...you sure talk a lot of useless crap....lol

Even though your ridiculous post are mildly entertaining in a sad kinda way...you better stick to your pretty-boy juiced-up WWE "superstars" sites dude....they are way more your style.

And in case you haven't noticed yet - the point I was trying to make is this is a MMA fan site for real fight fans....so your dumbass "wrestling" posts don't belong here...duhhhh.

And talk about creepy...you are the one always talking how you worship an old juiced-up has-been that likes to wear feather boa's in public and prance around in pretty yellow and red spandex underwear and boots...while rolling around and getting all sweaty fake-fighting other guys wearing more pretty-colored boots and speedo's...FFS.

And if you aren't down with that...I got one word for ya...REHAB.

lmao!

<sighs> real gay. Houston, we have a true insecure homo here. moving to the other direction to get away from the FREAK show. I stopped looking at your lame ass post anyway. GGGGGGGGGGGAY. Creeeeeeeeepy. I wish this forum would give me an option to ignore a lame ass homo like this. <sighs>... what a gay ass inscrutable homo chink shit. Smells like Broccoli fart in here.

killerinstinct
06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
<sighs> real gay. Houston, we have a true insecure homo here. moving to the other direction to get away from the FREAK show. I stopped looking at your lame ass post anyway. GGGGGGGGGGGAY. Creeeeeeeeepy. I wish this forum would give me an option to ignore a lame ass homo like this. <sighs>... what a gay ass inscrutable homo chink shit. Smells like Broccoli fart in here.
i like Taz better than you man.Atleast some of his posts make since.
Roycer vs. T-Rex.Give me a break.

#1taz
06-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I appreciate the support bro...I do what I can with the skills I have.

And yeah..thank goodness that little troll is gone now.

Hopefully no other idiotic pro wrestling mark gets lost on the net and stumbles in here to replace him.