PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

Warchief
12-25-2006, 09:57 AM
The easiest way that i can get caffeine is by drinking coffee.before i do weight training and pure cardio (separately). i drink two cups of coffee, althought im not sure if this is the right amount of caffeine that i should take. does coffee really have a good benefits for loosing extra fat without side effects? and if it is how many cups of coffee should i drink before exercise?

Alwaysbelieve1
12-25-2006, 07:50 PM
The easiest way that i can get caffeine is by drinking coffee.before i do weight training and pure cardio (separately). i drink two cups of coffee, althought im not sure if this is the right amount of caffeine that i should take. does coffee really have a good benefits for loosing extra fat without side effects? and if it is how many cups of coffee should i drink before exercise?

Coffee is one of the absolute worst drinks you can put into your body. Not only is intaking caffeine bad for you due to the chemical changes it has on your body, but the chemicals additives to most coffee. If you ingest one chemical it will offset the others in your body without maintaining a strong balance of what nature intended. If you drink decaf the chemicals used to extract the caffeine are often times worse than the effects of the caffeine itself.

Here are the scientific facts of coffee:

Coffee is a central nervous system stimulator that gives the adrenals a kick and causes production of the stress handling hormone adrenalin and the production of more cortisol resulting in short term benefits of heightened awareness / alertness and more energy, but long term may result in a crash after each consumption to lower levels of energy than previously thereby necessitating another cup and another cup, etc. Thus, it may be addictive and ultimately may result in adrenal exhaustion.

• Even though coffee has never been conclusively linked to cancer, it does contain acknowledged carcinogens such as caffeine and other chemicals produced by the high heat of roasting such as creosote, pymdine, tars, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

• Caffeine interferes with adenosine, a brain chemical that normally has a calming effect.

• Cortisol levels are raised which in turn results in constriction of the blood vessels, harder pumping of the heart and higher blood pressure. (Constriction of blood vessels is also a benefit, see the next section.)

• The liver in fetuses and newborns cannot metabolize caffeine, so it remains in the body for up to four days stimulating the nervous system resulting in irritability and sleeplessness.

• Coffee has been associated with low birth weight, birth defects, miscarriages, premature birth, inability to conceive, and sluggish sperm.

• Many of the chemicals in coffee and decaf irritate the stomach lining causing an increase of stomach acid leading to digestive disorders.

• Coffee, including decaf, has high amounts of vitamin K, which affects coagulability of the blood – bad for people at risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots.

• Decreases quality of sleep.

• Caffeine may cause problems with blood sugar control after meals for type 2 diabetics.

• Coffee excites more rapid peristaltic movements of the intestines resulting in shorted transit times and less absorption of nutrients.

• Coffee hampers the absorption of essential minerals and vitamins such as magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, and B’s.

• Coffee contributes to caries in the teeth.

• Coffee stimulates more frequent urination and subsequent loss of various vitamins and minerals such as B, C, calcium, iron and zinc.

• Caffeine may aggravate osteoporosis by leaching calcium from the bones.

• Caffeine may increase intraocular pressure in persons with glaucoma.

• Coffee may interfere with proper levels of homocysteine and cholesterol by inhibiting vitamins folate, B12 or B6.

• Coffee is one of most heavily pesticide sprayed crops.

• Caffeine aggravates stress in people who drink it every day.

For more information on this including the Pros of coffee please visit my site HERE. (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Always_Believe_In_1/index.php?showtopic=407&st=0#entry9623990)

Warchief
12-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Coffee is one of the absolute worst drinks you can put into your body. Not only is intaking caffeine bad for you due to the chemical changes it has on your body, but the chemicals additives to most coffee. If you ingest one chemical it will offset the others in your body without maintaining a strong balance of what nature intended. If you drink decaf the chemicals used to extract the caffeine are often times worse than the effects of the caffeine itself.

Here are the scientific facts of coffee:

Coffee is a central nervous system stimulator that gives the adrenals a kick and causes production of the stress handling hormone adrenalin and the production of more cortisol resulting in short term benefits of heightened awareness / alertness and more energy, but long term may result in a crash after each consumption to lower levels of energy than previously thereby necessitating another cup and another cup, etc. Thus, it may be addictive and ultimately may result in adrenal exhaustion.

Even though coffee has never been conclusively linked to cancer, it does contain acknowledged carcinogens such as caffeine and other chemicals produced by the high heat of roasting such as creosote, pymdine, tars, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

Caffeine interferes with adenosine, a brain chemical that normally has a calming effect.

Cortisol levels are raised which in turn results in constriction of the blood vessels, harder pumping of the heart and higher blood pressure. (Constriction of blood vessels is also a benefit, see the next section.)

The liver in fetuses and newborns cannot metabolize caffeine, so it remains in the body for up to four days stimulating the nervous system resulting in irritability and sleeplessness.

Coffee has been associated with low birth weight, birth defects, miscarriages, premature birth, inability to conceive, and sluggish sperm.

Many of the chemicals in coffee and decaf irritate the stomach lining causing an increase of stomach acid leading to digestive disorders.

Coffee, including decaf, has high amounts of vitamin K, which affects coagulability of the blood bad for people at risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots.

Decreases quality of sleep.

Caffeine may cause problems with blood sugar control after meals for type 2 diabetics.

Coffee excites more rapid peristaltic movements of the intestines resulting in shorted transit times and less absorption of nutrients.

Coffee hampers the absorption of essential minerals and vitamins such as magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, and Bs.

Coffee contributes to caries in the teeth.

Coffee stimulates more frequent urination and subsequent loss of various vitamins and minerals such as B, C, calcium, iron and zinc.

Caffeine may aggravate osteoporosis by leaching calcium from the bones.

Caffeine may increase intraocular pressure in persons with glaucoma.

Coffee may interfere with proper levels of homocysteine and cholesterol by inhibiting vitamins folate, B12 or B6.

Coffee is one of most heavily pesticide sprayed crops.

Caffeine aggravates stress in people who drink it every day.

For more information on this including the Pros of coffee please visit my site HERE. (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Always_Believe_In_1/index.php?showtopic=407&st=0#entry9623990)
Some of these symptoms is accurately happens to me. i say wow i doing these for years now. thanks for your response and you totally enlighten me again. and sometimes i feel so stupid for listening to other folks that they claimed coffee is good for loosing body fat with antioxidant.

AudieMurphy1
12-27-2006, 03:42 PM
the best thing you can drink to lose weight is water, cut out all liquid calories and you will be amazed at how much weight you will lose.

there is no life on earth without water

Warchief
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
the best thing you can drink to lose weight is water, cut out all liquid calories and you will be amazed at how much weight you will lose.
Correct...im totally agree with you.

Metalhead
12-27-2006, 06:30 PM
This is one of those arguments that will go back and forth for years and years. Just like milk, eggs, bacon, wine, ect...
If coffee is so bad, why is a cup of coffee recommended in most men's magazines as part of breakfast. Yes, I'm aware that a lot of magazines are trash.

I had a sport specific personal trainer. He graduated from university in personal fitness and kinesology and all that fancy shit. He says a cup of coffee with breakfast actually kickstarts your heart. Notice a lot of professional athletes drink coffee prior to their event? Obviously over consumption is bad, but more and more evidence has come out that a cup or two a day is not that bad for you.

BUt my argument is flawed because I didn't copy and paste any internet story. :grinsmile26:

strife
12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
He is talking about drinking coffee before working out and exercising...which is terrible for your body since it needs nutrients during and post workout.

Alwaysbelieve1
12-27-2006, 08:53 PM
He is talking about drinking coffee before working out and exercising...which is terrible for your body since it needs nutrients during and post workout.

Indeed.

Also anyone who recommends drinking coffee at breakfast is merely acknowledging the fact that the caffeine will "kick start the heart". I never caffinate my body under any circumstances and simply provide my body with the perfect amount of natural nutrients(in my diet) and properly exercise. Sometimes I have too much energy.

I have a degree and a personal training certification with which I have been professionally training for over 9 years now. I simply copy and pasted the article because if the research has already been done and work published why waste my time to do the same. Instead I give credit to the folks who published it by linking it back to my site where I had the full article. :)

Who cares where the info comes from as long as it is credible. Some people just want to nit pick at everything they can. I'm sure he will nit pick on my statement here as well when all I'm trying to do- and all I came to this board to do- is educate and assist others in their successes.

I hope I am doing that. :)

Clint
12-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I think the problem is that you didn't post the list of pros of coffee as well, so most people missed those.

To me the pros of coffee/caffeine outweigh the cons especially since there have been studies that contradict almost all of the negative findings. This is of course in moderation. Anything not in moderation is bad.

Warchief
12-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Moderation is fine.

Ubermensch
12-28-2006, 09:53 AM
You should moderate everything in life even the act of moderation in and of itself.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I think the problem is that you didn't post the list of pros of coffee as well, so most people missed those.

To me the pros of coffee/caffeine outweigh the cons especially since there have been studies that contradict almost all of the negative findings. This is of course in moderation. Anything not in moderation is bad.

Indeed I did link to the pros and the remainder of the article. I did not simply cut it off at the cons.