PDA

View Full Version : BigFoot vs Alistair

Pasha K
02-13-2011, 04:17 PM
So after yesterday´s victory over Fedor, BigFoot is now on the semifinals of this tourney and he will face the winner of Werdum/Overeem.

I would like to say that Overeem will beat Werdum pretty easily, but I also said that Fedor would beat BigFoot and Werdum, that Penn would smash Edgar, that Anderson would dominate Chael Sonnen and well, we all know what happened in those bouts.
So despite that my predicition is that Overeem wins, I am not going to make predictions on how easily or how hardly he is going to achieve that.

Well, so its very possible that we will see Overeem vs BigFoot, Silva looked awesome yesterday and if he manages to take the Reem to the ground I think Alistair will be in a lot of troubles, because technically Fedor is much better in the ground than Alistair, and yesterday he could not do anything.

But there is a very important thing, yesterday BigFoot´s size advantage played a huge huge factor in the outcome of the fight. And he wont have any of that advantage over somebody like Alistair.
Alistair will be much more difficult to take down and in the striking department I think Alistair is going to land much more than Fedor landed.

So IMO Overeem would win that fight.

Also this is of course a simple speculation, but sometimes when somebody achieves an amazing thing, they relax and begin to train less hard than before. I hope that wont happen to BigFoot, and despite that he will have now an amazing confidence he continues to train as hard or harder than he trained for Fedor.

Because in his next fight it will be Werdum or the Reem, Werdum already defeated Silva and Overeem will be a much tougher challenge than Fedor was yesterday.

I am not really impressed with BigFoot´s technique, I believe that if he was at 230 like Fedor, he would have lost yesterday. The size is what made the difference, but against the Reem he will not have that advantage.

IceCold48
02-13-2011, 04:18 PM
overeem and it wouldnt be close

likebutta
02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Meh, I don't think Silva's size/weight should be used against him. That his toolbox, just like Fedor's mental-crazy-WTF-is-going-on-in-there mind state is part of his. Does it matter? Sure... as does any ability or attribute in anyone's arsenal.

But on the topic, I think Alistair would be able to match this for the most part and his striking ability would far exceed what Silva displayed.

stpierrecanada
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I'd take Silva here, great chin, and isn't smaller than Overeem. I'd take Silva by TKO.

dbader08
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Allistair via tko. He'd probably rock Bigfoot, Bigfoot would go to clinch, and Allistair would hit him with some vicious knees to the body and face to end it.

TheDoucheyWun
04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
If BigFoot brought in a game plan and it wasnt stand and bang I could see him winning.
Sadly I think he would stand and end up TKO'd