PDA

View Full Version : Liddell vs Arlovski

manntis818
05-22-2006, 12:00 AM
..................man i think this would really be a good fight....arlovski can make 205 i think he should drop done it weight and get the LHW title who do you think would win?..........................................

markgrasso
05-22-2006, 12:27 AM
After watching AA's chin against sylvia, I would say chuck would have a chance of a knockout but I would still go the the bigger man.

killerinstinct
05-22-2006, 01:09 AM
AA chin's isn't horribly bad ,but it's definately not as good as Chucks.Chuck would win by KO.I don't think AA would drop down though.It would be a hell of an exciting fight though that would almost certainly end in a KO.

Afro
05-22-2006, 09:46 AM
AA would beat Chuck I think, cuz AA is so fast with his hands and can knock you out, his standup is better IMO he moves around alot, he moves his head every second, quicker hands, hes def. more accurate, and as far as fighting is concerned he has no problem takin it to the ground.. I'd say if AA moved down which I think is possible, he would beat Chuck.

Matt Boone
05-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't think it's possible for Arlovski to cut to 205. He's a big ass Heavyweight as it is. IF they met at a catch weight, since Chuck could technically fight at Heavyweight, I'd pick Arlovski simply by size and power advantage, but that's a really hard one to pick. If Liddell connects, he's got the power to KO Arlovski. Same for the flip side. It's just a matter of who'd land first.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-10-2006, 06:33 PM
i think chuck could win...

TapOut27
08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't think it's possible for Arlovski to cut to 205. He's a big ass Heavyweight as it is. IF they met at a catch weight, since Chuck could technically fight at Heavyweight, I'd pick Arlovski simply by size and power advantage, but that's a really hard one to pick. If Liddell connects, he's got the power to KO Arlovski. Same for the flip side. It's just a matter of who'd land first.

Completly agree. Arvolski could not cut to 205. He is cut at like 240, and he doesnt have 35 pounds of water and fat weight to drop.

paul
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
i gotta pick chuck too i think he would knock aa out cold but i really dont see him cutting to lhw he gonna have to lose a lot of muscle to do it

Howie
08-10-2006, 07:25 PM
i think it would prolly be a pretty even steven fight....definately end up in a knock out but it could go either way

killerinstinct
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Completly agree. Arvolski could not cut to 205. He is cut at like 240, and he doesnt have 35 pounds of water and fat weight to drop.
If Riggs can go from 185 to 170 and Rich can go from 205 to 185 than AA can make LHW.

patlv23
08-10-2006, 09:38 PM
If Riggs can go from 185 to 170 and Rich can go from 205 to 185 than AA can make LHW.

15/20 lbs and 35 lbs. Big difference.

killerinstinct
08-10-2006, 11:21 PM
15/20 lbs and 35 lbs. Big difference.
All AA has to cut is 10 pounds.He can cut the rest before the fight.Matt walks around at 190 and cuts to 170 so I think it's very possible for AA to make LHW.

gsp06
08-10-2006, 11:31 PM
AA is a lean 240 when he fights, where is the weight he can cut? Fat no, your talking about 30 to 40 pounds of muscle. Even water weight. I honestly think he wouldn't drop to LHW. But hell you never know.

AJL416AZ
08-11-2006, 12:39 AM
arlovski is completely shredded at 235. he could drop about 10 pounds in diet, and 20 water, so he could try. but it's a bad idea

but when Riggs drops from 190-200 to 170, he's gassed at the end of the 1st. bad decision for AA to try it, IMO. he's already lost cred against Sylvia, no reason to hurt his reputation by trying to cut too much weight to fight under his natural weight class.
its too much weight loss for him to be healthy in the fight.

losing 5-10 lbs in diet and excercise, and another 10 in water isn't so bad.

Legend
08-11-2006, 01:41 AM

Yes he can. Frist of all AA is more like 234 than 240. May not sound like a big difference but when your cutting it is. If Rich Franklin can cut to 185 when he walks around at 210 then AA can make 205. Its not like he has to cut it all 2 days before the fight. This isnt TUF here. Guys like Franklin start cutting 2 weeks before the fight. Then they cut the last few pounds in the sauna the day before the fight. AA can and will make 205.

patlv23
08-11-2006, 04:28 AM
But I don't think AA walks around at 235/240

Maybe he can, but it's not gonna be the "dream match" described by some here, he'd be a shell of himself. A catch weight would be better

Legend
08-11-2006, 06:21 AM
But I don't think AA walks around at 235/240

Maybe he can, but it's not gonna be the "dream match" described by some here, he'd be a shell of himself. A catch weight would be better

Why wouldnt AA walk around at 235. Im sure when he's taking time off he's alittle bit heavyier but when he fights then yeah thats how much he really weights. Its not like he has to cut weight and then put it back on. But there could be something said for AA not being at 100% if he cuts to 205.

Dominus
08-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Liddell would get his ass handed to him, straight up. Liddell would not know what to do with AA. AA is so explosively quick and I don't believe that he would get knocked out by Liddell unless it was a slip like Couture. He would not have to worry about a huge reach like Sylvia and would be much more agressive against Liddell. It's alot diffenent fighting a guy the size of Sylvia rather than a guy your size or a little smaller. I would LOVE to see Liddell get dominated by AA, but I'm sure we will see him get dominated by Silva if that match goes through.

The Iceman
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Didn't this fight already happen? and Chuck won??? I think it did. well.... I'll go with Chuck anyway:devil:

Intellectual
08-21-2006, 04:13 PM
AA chin's isn't horribly bad ,but it's definately not as good as Chucks.Chuck would win by KO.I don't think AA would drop down though.It would be a hell of an exciting fight though that would almost certainly end in a KO.

on point.

matto
08-22-2006, 07:16 AM
aa would win, he can make lhw he was around 235 and could squeeze atleast 5 pounds off of fat and get ripped. like look at rich franklin he is at only %4 body fat, if aa was at 4% body fat he would be in the 220's and iv seen more extreme water weight losses. dean lister lost 25 pounds of water, from 210 to 185, even though it had a huge impact on him but aa wouldnt have to lose that much. randy couture has to lose 20 pounds of water for every fight at 205 and he seems fine in the fights. aa would be able to get down to 225 and lose 20 pounds of water and then he would ko chuck.

matto
08-22-2006, 07:23 AM
aa vs. chuck never happened. rich franklin only has 4% bodyfat, i mean come on if aa was at 4% he would probably be around 225 and could make lhw. he doesnt moniter what he eats like the other weigh devisions do and he doesnt do as much cardio, he could easily step up his cardio and watch what he eats and lose 10 pounds of fat, u think he is cut but it just looks like that cause he has a lot of muscle, there r a lot of guys out there more cut then he is. its possible

The Iceman
08-22-2006, 02:10 PM
This match has happened and it's like the UFC and other site's are covering it up. It's not on Sherdog or Chuck Lidell's fight history on UFC.com. If anybody has the sudden Impact game on PS2 watch the movie in the beggining and it show's AA running backwords from Chuck who is swinging away. AA has short hair with a beard and those small black tights and chuck has the mohawk with blue shorts on, if anybody has it watch very closley towards the end and you'll see it..:grinsmile1:

killerinstinct
08-22-2006, 04:20 PM
This match has happened and it's like the UFC and other site's are covering it up. It's not on Sherdog or Chuck Lidell's fight history on UFC.com. If anybody has the sudden Impact game on PS2 watch the movie in the beggining and it show's AA running backwords from Chuck who is swinging away. AA has short hair with a beard and those small black tights and chuck has the mohawk with blue shorts on, if anybody has it watch very closley towards the end and you'll see it..:grinsmile1:
yeah that makes sense.All the websites got together one day and tried to make it seem like a fight never happened.

You're probably confusing Arlovski with Amar Suloev.

The Iceman
08-22-2006, 05:24 PM
check the game out and you tell me and don't try to make me look stupid man it's on the video clip before the game

RaiderRob71
08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
..................man i think this would really be a good fight....arlovski can make 205 i think he should drop done it weight and get the LHW title who do you think would win?..........................................
I believe Arlovski would have to cut way to much to get to 205...the guy probably walks around @ 245. If chuck went up to HW he would get destroyed.

matto
08-25-2006, 06:30 AM
ya ur right he normally weighs around 245 and for some weird reason he loses water weight for no reason before fights, even though that takes a lot out of you. he said that he doesnt cut weight at all, he doesnt monitor himself that much and if he did he would make lhw weight easily. and fedor could also make lhw.

bigc
08-29-2006, 05:39 PM
silvia was a wuss all he did was try to survive he landed some good shots but not manyif aa fought chuck chuck would wait and land that right hand then finish him off

rugoatee
08-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree. Don't see any way AA could fight at 205. He weighed in at 235 agaisnt Sylvia and the guy is shredded already. Would be an interesting fight but could never happen. If they fought some where in between, I still think Lidell wins by KO. Not an easy win though.