PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hunt vs Cheick Kongo

Pasha K
02-28-2011, 06:05 AM
After watching yesterday´s fight its obvious that Hunt still has great striking and vicious KO power.
How you think he would do against Kongo?
For me it would be an interesting fight, because both of them dont like the ground so most likely the battle would remain in the stand up.
I think Hunt wins.

Actually Hunt is a K1 level striker, that makes him one of the best strikers in UFC, Hunt vs JDS is a fight that I would like to see too.

RonPaulForPeace
02-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Hunt v kongo makes sense but i think hunt takes him out, as for jds damn i would love to watch that fight as hunts chin is hard as granite and would be interesting to see jds fight someone better then himself on the feet

Punk Ass
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
After watching yesterday´s fight its obvious that Hunt still has great striking and vicious KO power.
How you think he would do against Kongo?
For me it would be an interesting fight, because both of them dont like the ground so most likely the battle would remain in the stand up.
I think Hunt wins.

Actually Hunt is a K1 level striker, that makes him one of the best strikers in UFC, Hunt vs JDS is a fight that I would like to see too.Hunt is not that much of a great striker. yes, he's a successful pro kickboxer but he's old and it's not all that much of an accomplishment to look really good against a can.

Kongo has really good standup and I dont think Hunt poses any more off a threat than CroCop does. Besides, didnt Manhoaf knock Hunt's head off in his last fight?

Pasha K
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
And because Manhoeff KOd him over 2 years ago means that Hunt is not that good?
Manhoeff is a striking machine himself

Punk Ass
02-28-2011, 06:54 PM
And because Manhoeff KOd him over 2 years ago means that Hunt is not that good?
Manhoeff is a striking machine himselfYes, manhoaf is a striking machine, but he's also naturally 185 lbs.

Reguardless, hunt is way past his prime and he's virtually a can in MMA. It's not like he's getting any better except maybe on the ground, but he did get subbed in his previous fight and damn near every fight before that.

Personally, I think Kongo is good enough to strike with hunt, and if he gets in trouble, but not KO'd, i think he could take hunt down and do alot of damage on the ground.

beardown98
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I would want to see this fight with K-1 rules i think it would be great with Kongo winning by decision he could win by KO or TKO but it would be tougher for kongo to win that way. I don't see It being a great fight to watch under MMA rules Kongo takes it much like Harlem says, Kongo Takes Hunt Down and GNP's Hunt until he's out but hunt would have a much better chance with K-1 rules possbly winning a decision (i don't see Kongo going to sleep from Hunt)

Fedorlei Gomipierre
03-01-2011, 01:34 AM
I love Hunt but think Kongo's cardio is far superior, coupled with his ability to cheat I think he takes it home.

Xanatos
03-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I don't see how Hunt could win this fight. Kongo is very big, and has a huge reach and excellent technical boxing. Hunt is in terrible shape. He fought an equally out of shape Turschenegererererer in what I found was a pretty sloppy fight. I don't think Hunt could get in close enough to knock Kongo out, which would be the only possible way he could win.

Pasha K
03-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Actually I think Hunt is in his best shape since 2005.

Repenter
03-04-2011, 12:08 AM
hunt isn't in particularly bad shape for him. and he does have a granite chin... he shook off a CC LHK without much trouble. manhoef just caught him perfectly, and manhoef is one of the hardest hitters in the sport himself.

not sure what to think of this fight on the ground. neither is good, but kongo seems to have brought his defensive wrestling a little up to speed.

mma #1 fan
03-04-2011, 12:13 AM
lol all i can think wow its a fight kongo can win on the ground

Malice
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
lol all i can think wow its a fight kongo can win on the ground

:( that's so sad

LefthookStcrook
03-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I think its fair to say Hunts striking skills, and his chin are no wheres where they use to be. IMO he didnt even impress me much in that fight.

With that said, I still love the guy. I still remember Hunt/fedor and Hunt/Wandy like it was yesterday.

I'd love to see him fight Kongo. Kongo gets a bad rap because he got caught by Mir, I think he was expecting a shot and got caught, and the fight wouldnt go the exact same way twice. Im sure other disagree tho.

Kongo Vs Hunt would be a good HW slugfest. Hell while their at it, give the winner Shane Carwin....Then the winner of that JDS! lol KO's all 'round

Sakara=Excitement
03-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Okay guys...let's not live in some fairy tale land where getting hit on the button by Melvin Manhoeff wouldn't knock ANY man out.

Malice
03-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Okay guys...let's not live in some fairy tale land where getting hit on the button by Melvin Manhoeff wouldn't knock ANY man out.

Yeah no shit

FarBeyndDrvn
03-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I love Hunt but think Kongo's cardio is far superior, coupled with his ability to cheat I think he takes it home.

I don't see how Hunt could win this fight. Kongo is very big, and has a huge reach and excellent technical boxing. Hunt is in terrible shape. He fought an equally out of shape Turschenegererererer in what I found was a pretty sloppy fight. I don't think Hunt could get in close enough to knock Kongo out, which would be the only possible way he could win.

Two high fives are in order...

ShaolinSantana
03-05-2011, 07:10 PM
That would be a decent fight but i think Congo would take it to the ground like he did against Paul buentello. Id MUCH more like to see Mark Hunt Vs Pat Barry now THAT would be a slugfest!!

Kimbo> Rampage
03-06-2011, 02:43 AM
that was a sick fight last week, hunt lands the uppercut and walks away. Its good to see him get a win again. I dont think we'll ever see the hunt from k1 or his early pride days again. He had one of the best chins in mma, but not sure if it is still that good, but it is still a lot better than most. He has good boxing and kickboxing and a lot of power.

It would be a good kickboxing match, kongo is a good kickboxer but would probably get hunt down like kongo has done of late.