PDA

View Full Version : Question about PBF/DLH?

TheBonger
12-27-2006, 05:14 AM
I was just curious about Floyd Mayweather Sr. and if he had officially announced if he would be in Oscars corner?

Punk Ass
12-27-2006, 06:36 AM
This is the only news I've heared on it so far, and it sound's like he'll be there.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/chee_1216a06.htm

TheBonger
12-27-2006, 07:32 AM
This is the only news I've heared on it so far, and it sound's like he'll be there.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/chee_1216a06.htm

thanks, if it goes down with Floyd Sr. in the corner of Oscar it creates one of the most interesting situations in a boxing matchs in years along with one of the best matchups in a whole. Cant wait to see this go down.

Dork8503
12-27-2006, 08:54 AM
if oscar wins wonder how that would look to pbf that his dad helped with that process

deeznizzies
12-28-2006, 07:31 AM
i know everyone thinks Floyd has this thing in the bag.. but i really think de la hoya is just going to be too much for him.. just as fast and i believe stronger... going to be a hell of a fight.

Salvy_Mic
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM
This'll be the first fight in a long time where De La Hoya will be a significant underdog...well, apart from the Hopkins fight anyway. Even I, a hugh De La Hoya fan, thought he'd lose to B-Hop. Anyway, I think Oscar will definitely relish his underdog status, and I don't think he's so old that he can't compete with the top guys around. Not only that, but I think Oscar will be the much hungrier fighter going into the fight. Unlike Mayweather, who seems to be money hungry and is already willing to retire before he's accomplished anything that would make him truly great, De La Hoya's fought all of the top guys that were around, has all the money in the world, and still wants to keep on fighting a little longer because he loves boxing.

Anyway, whoever wins this fight, I guarantee you that Winky Wright will come calling for a fight against either one, especially against Oscar.

Dork8503
12-28-2006, 12:47 PM
i think oscar will be to fast for pbf, and if floyd breaks his hand in this fight, like his last, he is going to be in trouble because oscar will attack, i think oscar will put pbf down on the canvas a few times before winning a ud and i do think oscar is the hungrier fighter because i think he believes he still has alot to prove, even if he looses it wil still be a great fight

Punk Ass
12-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Finally people are starting to see this the way I do. Oscar is definately not to fast for PBF, in fact it could be the other way around, but DLH will not let PBF take advantage of speed. DLH is by far the most talented fighter PBF has ever fought, and the strongest. DLH will go to the body, every punch will move PBF, and DLH will just rough him up. He will not relent and he knows everything PBF knows because he trains with his daddy. DLH by UD after hitting PBF with so many left hooks PBF doesnt even fight anymore and just runs period.

Dork8503
12-29-2006, 09:45 AM
agree 100%