PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Here Hates the Auto Hyperlink of Words

ronin
12-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I noticed that certain words are Hyperlinked Advertisements.
I don't know about everyone else but I hate this with a passion.

I never click on them and it shows up a bright blue that distract you from what are reading.

Please Admin take this off...

If you guys hate this too please reply and we can write Matt Boone telling him how much we hate it.

orion_damage
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
dude i hate it, its annoying and blocks text from being viewed, i understand its a plug but there needs to be another way to plug then that

Mellow Mood
12-27-2006, 11:35 PM
agreed

Luis Cruz
12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
The color is annoying i can't see the word unless i look close. Also if my mouse goes over it and it brings that short ad up that gets old too. Let's hope at the very least the color gets changed. :confusedsmilie:

Cromm
12-28-2006, 12:06 AM
The highlights seem to be towards advertisements, Get that Money!!! I am more then happy to experience a bit of irritation to get to use this forum. If there is no money, then who cares get rid of it.

Palma
12-28-2006, 12:07 AM
I like how the word Hyperlink is hyperlinked in the thread title. Proves your point that much more.

ronin
12-28-2006, 12:29 AM
The color is annoying i can't see the word unless i look close. Also if my mouse goes over it and it brings that short ad up that gets old too. Let's hope at the very least the color gets changed. :confusedsmilie:

yeah if the color could be changed that be good.

ronin
12-28-2006, 12:30 AM
The highlights seem to be towards advertisements, Get that Money!!! I am more then happy to experience a bit of irritation to get to use this forum. If there is no money, then who cares get rid of it.

I rather a paypal button, I would donate..

WadoKai
12-28-2006, 12:40 AM
It's offensive in its invasiveness.

killerinstinct
12-28-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't think it's that big of deal.I think some people are just looking for excuses to complain.

Noob
12-28-2006, 01:11 AM
I've noticed that it depends on which computer I log in from that determines whether or not I see the hyperlinked words. My home computer does not show them at all. Not sure if there's something I'm doing that prevents it, but maybe someone smarter than me can figure something out. Spyware, adware software perhaps?

Luis Cruz
12-28-2006, 01:55 AM
I don't think it's that big of deal.I think some people are just looking for excuses to complain.

Yea that's it! lol No man not being able to see words IS annoying.

BTW Ronin, i love the paypal idea! Maybe we can have some kind of members only thing but i won't even get started on that, not my line of work.

Hypergit
12-28-2006, 04:13 AM
I can't see the words without touching the screen with my (admittedly large) nose.

I asked a while ago for the colour to be changed to a brighter one - if that were done I wouldn't give a crap about them, but still wouldn't click them unless they were something to do with mma (hint).

git.

Hypergit
12-28-2006, 04:16 AM
I think some people are just looking for excuses to complain.

And I think some people are just looking for excuses to be sycophantic.

Noob
12-28-2006, 04:27 AM

Haha, good call.:lmfao:

killerinstinct
12-28-2006, 06:30 AM
You're just being sesquipedaliate to try and make yourelf seem intelligent.

Noob
12-28-2006, 06:40 AM
You're just being a sesquipedalian to try and make yourelf seem intelligent.

Sesquipedalian is an adjective, not a noun. You didn't even use the word right. Sorry buddy.

:bsflag:

killerinstinct
12-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Sesquipedalian is an adjective, not a noun. You didn't even use the word right. Sorry buddy.

:bsflag:
You so did not know that without looking it up whippersnapper.

Hypergit
12-28-2006, 06:45 AM
You're just being a sesquipedalian to try and make yourelf seem intelligent.

My elf seems intelligent enough without any help from me - you should see the train set he made for me a couple of days ago.

Look, you must have no problem reading dark blue on a dark red background. Evidently others do though, so no need to barge in and accuse people of being fussy for no reason. Just, y'know, say that you like the links or are indifferent to them or whatever...

By the way, how many online thesauruses did you consult to find the word 'sesquipedalian'? I'm guessing quite a few from the unusually long delay between quote and reply :)

git.

Noob
12-28-2006, 07:26 AM
You so did not know that without looking it up whippersnapper.

Hey, no need to get fussy with me gramps. Just keeping you keyboard warriors honest with your grand vocabularies and all. :grinsmile26:

btp
12-29-2006, 03:29 AM
yea its kinda annoying but just highlight the word by double clicking it or highlighting it with ur mouse

Ryan
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah it is damn annoying but there probally is a source of income coming in from it so i can put up with it, if that is the case.

dagreat1
01-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Not too crazy about it, a different color would certainly help, perhaps green or black would be much more crisp and visable.