PDA

View Full Version : Don't be sad, homie.

JadedX
04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Let me rephrase - please don't be sad, homie, when my boy Jake Shields whips GSP's azz and becomes the new UFC Welterweight Champion.

War Shields!

Kimbo> Rampage
04-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Let me rephrase - please don't be sad, homie, when my boy Jake Shields whips GSP's azz and becomes the new UFC Welterweight Champion.

War Shields!

sig bet? not a gsp fan by any means but he takes this fight.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
04-03-2011, 03:44 AM
I 100% agree with you on this one, that Kampmann bout absolutely sold Jake Shields on me as THE fighter to beat GSP hands down.

He was just so impressive and ferocious and really displayed the skillset to defeat the most gifted WW fighter ever against Kampmann and his ability to go five rounds against St. Pierre scares me. I honestly believe Shields is going to use his superior striking to take Georges out on his feet and as a GSP fan, I am really truly scared of all that Shields brings to this fight to beat GSP. On the feet, cardio, wrestling are just all Shields' wheelhouse, ESPECIALLY in a five round fight. I'm scared for my fellow Canadian for Shields' superior all around skillset. Shields is gonna make GSP look like House Party 2.

dbader08
04-03-2011, 03:56 AM
I 100% agree with you on this one, that Kampmann bout absolutely sold Jake Shields on me as THE fighter to beat GSP hands down.

He was just so impressive and ferocious and really displayed the skillset to defeat the most gifted WW fighter ever against Kampmann and his ability to go five rounds against St. Pierre scares me. I honestly believe Shields is going to use his superior striking to take Georges out on his feet and as a GSP fan, I am really truly scared of all that Shields brings to this fight to beat GSP. On the feet, cardio, wrestling are just all Shields' wheelhouse, ESPECIALLY in a five round fight. I'm scared for my fellow Canadian for Shields' superior all around skillset. Shields is gonna make GSP look like House Party 2.

Well put.

GSP is gonna tko him in the 3rd, that would be my guess at least.

hot_rod1886
04-03-2011, 03:58 AM

Wow! Tell us how you really feel! lol

Transworld
04-03-2011, 04:11 AM

You were joking here right? Shield's did not look impressive at all in this fight. He has fought way better in the past. If he fights like he did against Kampmann; GSP is going to easily win.

roaddawg
04-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Well put.

GSP is gonna tko him in the 3rd, that would be my guess at least.

You do know he's being sardonic right?

CHAEL fan
04-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Well, if he beats GSP, it's because Chael helped :)

Spoon
04-03-2011, 04:39 AM
I think GSP will take it in a 5 round fight. GSP will do his "stick and move" routine for the first 3 rounds. The 4th round he will throw a couple shots, shoot in, take Shields down, and proceed to lay on him...err I mean GnP him for the rest of the round. 5th would will likely be GSP throwing punches and trying to take Shields down/GnP.

MetallicKnight3X
04-03-2011, 04:42 AM
GSP takes this by utter control and domination. He gonna look worse then Kos and maybe even Fitch, just you watch.

rob_bills
04-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Ha ha nice thread Jaded, as you know im 100 percent with you on this bro. It's time Shields shocked the world again

Y2JUBAE
04-03-2011, 06:09 AM
How anyone looked in their last fight doesn't really matter, stuff happens. Really, Jake has come close to losing a few times but hasn't, in over half a decade. GSP got tko'ed by Matt Serra. Again, stuff happens.

Doesn't really matter who wins though, if GSP wins, people will say he's better, if Jake wins, people will have a million excuses.

dbader08
04-03-2011, 06:25 AM
You do know he's being sardonic right?

yuppp, thats why I put "well put" instead of disagreeing with him. It was pretty obvious.

mma #1 fan
04-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Do tell MR. I.Q. Poster. Do tell if u felt your I.Q slipping as you wrote the above B.S ??????????????

Sakara=Excitement
04-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Do tell MR. I.Q. Poster. Do tell if u felt your I.Q slipping as you wrote the above B.S ??????????????

Fairly certain he was being sarcastic.

GSPvsSILVA2012
04-03-2011, 09:11 AM
and Shogun is gonna beat JJ in a rematch..

JadedX
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Ha ha nice thread Jaded, as you know im 100 percent with you on this bro. It's time Shields shocked the world again
Thanks, lol. And yes, it's that time again, brah.

How anyone looked in their last fight doesn't really matter, stuff happens. Really, Jake has come close to losing a few times but hasn't, in over half a decade. GSP got tko'ed by Matt Serra. Again, stuff happens.

Doesn't really matter who wins though, if GSP wins, people will say he's better, if Jake wins, people will have a million excuses.
Now that's well said. And with that being said, the rest of you ass-hats can go lick on GSP's greased nipples. Damn fairies, lol.

Fairly certain that ass-hat was being sarcastic.

Edit:

Fairly certain he was being sarcastic.
That's what I said, sorta.

Noob.

Pasha K
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM

I am actually pretty bad detecting sarcasm in the Internet, but even I quickly understood that Fedorlei was being sarcastic.

GL Jeff
04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I think its going to be GSP biggest test to date. First off, GSP isnt going to finish Shields, not happening. Secondly, if GSP takes the fight to the ground, even in top position, hes in danger. He needs to keep the fight standing,and he needs to keep his head up high. Shields is dangerous from so many angles, he choked out Robbie standing.

I wish Jake stayed at MW, he would of had a much better chance against Anderson, actually I think he could beat Silva. But he went back down to his old weight class. Very dangerous fight for GSP, I am Canadian, I know GSP, I have trained with him,but I think hes in trouble.

Bearded Big Country
04-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Why you gotta bring up House Party 2 man? Kid and Play needed the money yo! :P

TBEAR
04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I got Jake Aswell

Flynnja
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I sure as hell don't. lol

GSP by stand up beat down. Oh and by the end of the fight GSP doesn't have one mark on him.

Y2JUBAE
04-03-2011, 08:15 PM

And GSP is going to step up and fight Silva.

jdwall
04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
:boxing:april fools right ...............right?

Trustym2
04-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I think its going to be GSP biggest test to date. First off, GSP isnt going to finish Shields, not happening. Secondly, if GSP takes the fight to the ground, even in top position, hes in danger. He needs to keep the fight standing,and he needs to keep his head up high. Shields is dangerous from so many angles, he choked out Robbie standing.

I wish Jake stayed at MW, he would of had a much better chance against Anderson, actually I think he could beat Silva. But he went back down to his old weight class. Very dangerous fight for GSP, I am Canadian, I know GSP, I have trained with him,but I think hes in trouble.

I'm thinking GSP will finish him. I'm thinking he will submit him too. GSP's gameplans are top notch...barring him getting ko'd...fat chance of that from Shields...GSP will have his way.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-04-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm thinking GSP will finish him. I'm thinking he will submit him too. GSP's gameplans are top notch...barring him getting ko'd...fat chance of that from Shields...GSP will have his way.

Im thinking gsp will finish him as well, but then again gsp as of late tends to fight on the safer side so I could easily see him getting the UD. I highly doubt gsp would sub him, unless it was to strikes or he had jake hurt before he went for the sub. After the serra loss gsp kept his striking very safe and only did what he game-planned for. This fight however he could really go after shields standing because he doesnt pose a huge threat to ko him with not too much power of speed. But gsp doesnt want to get too aggressive and lead shields to a takedown. He will probably land his strikes for the first part of the round and then take him down for the second part of the round.

JadedX
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
And GSP is going to step up and fight Silva.
You're going to run me out of reps, my dude. Seriously.

:boxing:april fools right ...............right?
Yeah, if you think that GSP will win against Jake Shields, noob.

trustkill
04-04-2011, 01:58 AM

I've been thinking for a while that Jake Shields will win this fight. Semtex, Lawler, and Hendo have WAY more power than GSP, and they were committed to throwing power shots . . . That's soooo not GSPs style these days. I think this fight will play out the way the GSP vs Fitch fight went down, but Shields has much better chance of taking GSP down. Shields has great subs, but GSP is no slouch, so I imagine Jake playing it safe and riding out position.

Surviving that nuclear right hand that Hendo put on Shields was impressive. I like GSP a lot but he's never hit anyone that hard with a single shot.

JadedX
04-04-2011, 12:09 PM

I've been thinking for a while that Jake Shields will win this fight. Semtex, Lawler, and Hendo have WAY more power than GSP, and they were committed to throwing power shots . . . That's soooo not GSPs style these days. I think this fight will play out the way the GSP vs Fitch fight went down, but Shields has much better chance of taking GSP down. Shields has great subs, but GSP is no slouch, so I imagine Jake playing it safe and riding out position.

Surviving that nuclear right hand that Hendo put on Shields was impressive. I like GSP a lot but he's never hit anyone that hard with a single shot.
For a minute there, thought you two were the same person.. I had to look at your usernames twice to be sure, lol. Anyway, trustkill is right.

TheDoucheyWun
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
All GSP needs to do in preparation for this fight is watch jakes bully beatdown episode's.

I would normally think GSP is gunna pamper his ass with strikes form all different angles on the feet and mix in a few take downs for points sake,But GSP is a master of implementing his gameplan to perfection and fights his opponents where they are the weakest, I do not see this fight hitting the mat.... Just Jake a couple few times dazed silly.

Masscore
04-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Why do some many people think GSP is gonna finish Shields? Shields is one of the hardest guys to finish, just ask Hendo who hits far harder then GSP and oh yea... finishes fights. GSP hasn't finished a sandwich in recent memory nonetheless a fighter of Shields' caliber.

Shields by arm triangle choke in the second.

Trustym2
04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
All GSP needs to do in preparation for this fight is watch jakes bully beatdown episode's.

I would normally think GSP is gunna pamper his ass with strikes form all different angles on the feet and mix in a few take downs for points sake,But GSP is a master of implementing his gameplan to perfection and fights his opponents where they are the weakest, I do not see this fight hitting the mat.... Just Jake a couple few times dazed silly.

Now, not to say he doesn't stay aways from their strong side at times. I think he proves a point a lot of times. Look at Koscheck beat him standing and in wrestling. Thiago Alves he was more careful on the feet but I think that was respecting Thiago's power, otherwise he had his way wherever, just quicker. Wore BJ out. Had his way with Hughes. Had his way with Serra (second fight of course). Dominated Hardy and went for quite a few submission attempts just couldn't quite get them or just didn't want to break the guy's arm.

I think he will be taking Shields down and I do think he will GnP him but I also think he will look for the finish.

singinkangaroooo
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM

since when is a one punch KO the only way to finish the fight? TKO finishes the fight all the same so one punch KO doenst really matter in GSPs repetoire since he is not throwing power punches anyway... he is going to beat them down with multiple punches and kicks.. and im not sure how people are thinking Shields takes GSP down (even if he is working with Chael) if Kos and Fitch havent been able to..

i have been hoping for a long time that this fight is the perfect chance to show that GSPs standup is even better than the 2nd Hughes fight and keeps it standing all 5 (or less) rounds.. i have seen nothing in Shields stand up that would provide a problem.. GSP is too much of a freak athlete the likes Jake has never seen before.. (lol i love how fanboy this thread is =P)

Masscore
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
since when is a one punch KO the only way to finish the fight? TKO finishes the fight all the same so one punch KO doenst really matter in GSPs repetoire since he is not throwing power punches anyway... he is going to beat them down with multiple punches and kicks.. and im not sure how people are thinking Shields takes GSP down (even if he is working with Chael) if Kos and Fitch havent been able to..

i have been hoping for a long time that this fight is the perfect chance to show that GSPs standup is even better than the 2nd Hughes fight and keeps it standing all 5 (or less) rounds.. i have seen nothing in Shields stand up that would provide a problem.. GSP is too much of a freak athlete the likes Jake has never seen before.. (lol i love how fanboy this thread is =P)

GSP does have a huge advantage in the striking department. But at the same time I would say Shields has a huge advantage in the the grappling department. This is actually the first time GSP has probably fought anyone that is a better and bigger grappler then him.

I am so pumped for this fight. These are the two best WWs in the world and two of the Top p4p fighters in the world. GSP has never fought anyone that is as good as Shields and at the same time Shields has never fought anyone as good as GSP. It needs to be 4/30/11 already!

KevoOnTheRadio
04-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I got Jake Aswell

Who the hell is Jake Aswell?

I think GSP takes this, but I wouldn't right off Jake Shields as easily as some folks are. If Shields can take down Hendo, he damn sure can take down GSP. Will he? Can he keep him on his back? Can he finish GSP from the top? No idea, but I'll have a tray of pot-rice crispie treats ready to go.

Luc1an
04-04-2011, 06:47 PM
uh sorry but GSP takes this easily by how ever he wants.... he obviously doesnt wanna go to the ground with Jake but if he gets taken down hell be just fine =). GSP by TKO 3rd round.

JadedX
04-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Who the hell is Jake Aswell?
I wanted to ask him that as well, but figured he said Jake, so I can live with that, lol.

I think GSP takes this, but I wouldn't right off Jake Shields as easily as some folks are. If Shields can take down Hendo, he damn sure can take down GSP. Will he? Can he keep him on his back? Can he finish GSP from the top? No idea, but I'll have a tray of pot-rice crispie treats ready to go.
Good points for sure. That said, Shields takes the fight and becomes the new UFC Welterweight Champion. Word to the mother!

H33LHooK
04-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Oh, but the fight will be finished by GSP with one punch: the jab. All night long.

Seriously though, Shields is a helluva grappler, and will use TD attempts other than doubles and singles. If he grabs GSP; if GSP chooses or is forced to clinch, this fight gets interesting in a hurry.

However, I suspect that GSP's stick-and-move schtick, along with his use of angles, will negate a lot of what Jake brings.

Tough call for me. GSP by imposing his will and punishing Jake in the stand-up, until a GnP finish?

Kimbo> Rampage
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM

roaddawg
05-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Fail much? Damn you guys are always missing the mark with your sig bets. If only we could bet $...

m1ckeykn0x
05-02-2011, 12:26 AM
That said, Shields takes the fight and becomes the new UFC Welterweight Champion. Word to the mother!

Sorry brother... but I just gotta take a moment for this and :lmfao:.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/dayneFS/Shields2.jpg