PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans Will Happen in September or October

Sakara=Excitement
04-03-2011, 08:00 AM
UFC's Dana White: Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans Will Happen in September or October - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/2/2087447/ufcs-dana-white-jon-jones-vs-rashad-evans-will-happen-in-september-or)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1001052/jon-jones-and-rashad-evans-square-off-photo-via-ufc-300x200_large.jpg

by Kid Nate on Apr 2, 2011 6:55 PM EDT in UFC News

UFC boss Dana White told fans on the UG that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones would face Rashad Evans in "Sept or Oct".

Greg Jackson has promised to have nothing to do with the bout but Jackson MMA striking coach Mike Winkeljohn has made no bones about training Jones to beat Evans. Winkeljohn spoke to MMA Fighting:

"I'm positive I'm going to be working with Jon Jones because, well, the kid didn't do anything wrong. We have a good relationship."

"But in my mind, if I was fired by Rashad, I don't think I should take myself out of another job just because I used to work with the guy that fired me.

"Rashad lost to Machida, and he basically left. I know he left me, so that's how I feel. Choosing sides? I don't know if that's the term for it, but he made that choice. I didn't make that choice."

There is as yet no information about what event will feature Jones vs Evans, where it will be held or when exactly. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for updates.

*Follow the link for the entire article.

IceCold48
04-03-2011, 08:20 AM
goddamnit i wanted this to headline ufc 133 in philly so i could go to it.

speaking of that card wtf is going to headline it? its right before rio and there isn't any scheduled fights yet.

Sakara=Excitement
04-03-2011, 08:27 AM
goddamnit i wanted this to headline ufc 133 in philly so i could go to it.

speaking of that card wtf is going to headline it? its right before rio and there isn't any scheduled fights yet.

Maybe bump BJ off of 132 and put him on 133? :confusedsmilie:

Kimbo> Rampage
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
damn, i was hoping that it would happen in the summer, the ufc usually has a really good july card, or even august.

lwbrewer
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I wish it would of been Jones leaving at this point what ever camp he worked at I feel he'd beat Rashad. Leaning away from GJ camp a little for his actions and fight plans.

IceCold48
04-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Maybe bump BJ off of 132 and put him on 133? :confusedsmilie:

ehh i dont know man why would they put bj on 132 knowing 133 was there if they were just gonna bump him? i hope its not some dumb hall of fame fight like randy/coleman.

ill go regardless but i would like my first ufc show to have a decent headliner.