PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me...

Goremire
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
...exactly what Roaddawg did/said to get banned? I've been moving countries and getting new job, house, furniture, etc over the last 10 days and have been out of the loop.

Xanatos
04-14-2011, 08:26 AM
they were Russian sleeper agents

joeyP
04-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm also very curious

SWIFTboy
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
You mean besides being roaddawg for the last few years?!

I'm too apathetic about it to do the legwork but if I really wanted to know I'd 'find all posts by roaddawg' and you might figure it out.

Funny thing is I've still seen in blackout out name in the section at the bottom that displays members currently on the board.

bgamma
04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Might of had something to do with a history of posting NSFW pics in his threads, but I'm just guessing...the most recent was the "Cyborgs" naked.

IceCold48
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Might of had something to do with a history of posting NSFW pics in his threads, but I'm just guessing...the most recent was the "Cyborgs" naked.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

ps he is not banned he is just an inmate meaning he'll be back eventually

HillbillyDeluxe
04-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Well the huge fight with me, IceCold, Sakara, and Chael Fan in the Chael/Bisping thread prolly was what started it and then to put the icing on the cake, the "Cyborgs" naked without putting NSFW the other day.

beau420
04-14-2011, 04:42 PM
So ridiculous. It only takes one overly politically correct person.

There was no nudity. I have seen just as nude a person on ER or 90210 or whatever other garbage show on TV. The image is PG...like everything on this website....actually....some of the wording on this website is probably closer to AA-14 (adult accompaniment also known as being above PG13 but below R)

He posted the pic from ESPN.

Matter of fact, if I turn strict search on Google and I search Cyborg Santos ESPN and I am shown the images.

I guess they are both nude....but it is safe for work.

KevoOnTheRadio
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
i'll probably get flamed for this, but ya know what? I don't dislike 'ol Roady.

0mega1
04-14-2011, 04:52 PM

ME NEITHER...:confusedsmilie:

HillbillyDeluxe
04-14-2011, 04:52 PM

There was no nudity. I have seen just as nude a person on ER or 90210 or whatever other garbage show on TV. The image is PG...like everything on this website....actually....some of the wording on this website is probably closer to AA-14 (adult accompaniment also known as being above PG13 but below R)

Matter of fact, if I turn strict search on Google and I search Cyborg Santos ESPN and I am shown the images.

I as well as you didnt have a problem with it nor did it bother me. I was more worried that they both have the same body type and size...

He's not too bad all the time. Some of the time I feel like he just tries to stir up a pot of shit tho. However, he makes it interesting. I actually enjoy most of his posts until he says something totally outlandish and hijacks threads.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
unban his sorry ass.

IceCold48
04-14-2011, 08:37 PM

no actually it wasnt which was the reason i was fucking pissed

end it with a left
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
no actually it wasnt which was the reason i was fucking pissed

aaaw. Here's a piece of advice than... WORK while you're at work and you won't have an issues which whats displayed on the page. You could also stick to just the news while at work and wait to see the responses when you get home than you'll never have a problem.

Why should we sensor ourselves because you're here while you're supposed to be working? thats the way I see it

Kimbo> Rampage
04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
espn is as pg as it gets. It wasnt even nudity. If roaddog actually likes that shit then hes got problems. Unban his ass im sure hes learned his lesson.

Goremire
04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
they were Russian sleeper agents

Ukranian, but close enough.

I'm also very curious

My fiancee, daughter and I moved to Australia for the usual reasons; lifestyle, family, etc. Oh, and the local security forces were sniffing around a little too close.

You mean besides being roaddawg for the last few years?!

I'm too apathetic about it to do the legwork but if I really wanted to know I'd 'find all posts by roaddawg' and you might figure it out.

Funny thing is I've still seen in blackout out name in the section at the bottom that displays members currently on the board.

I was in two minds about it; either it would have just been an accumulation of little things, or maybe he would have flipped out and done something apocalyptic. Reassuringly, it's the former.

ME NEITHER...:confusedsmilie:

Neither do I, which is why I asked. I shake my head, grin wryly and ignore large swathes of what he posts, but I occasionally agree with him.

KevoOnTheRadio
04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Theres only 12(ish) people on here who's posts I read. Roady is one of them.

roaddawg
04-14-2011, 10:12 PM
To whom it may concern:

I came to the forum and received a pm from a "new admin" about the Cyborg pictures (which he claims violated the forum rules due to nudity). Personally I felt and still feel we are looking at two different pictures because I saw zero nudity whatsoever but wuteva... I gave him the opportunity he needed to test out his new toy.

Prior to this temp ban (which is quite common) I had never heard of this NSFW rule and in all honesty will never use it anyways. I don't post "naked" pictures so why bother?

I've posted naked pictures before?? Calling bs.... This is yet another false accussation coming from Icecold. Disagree?? simply prove it.. don't talk about it be about it.

Icecold:
You are not the only one paying bills sir. I work as well M-F from 10-7 and I too visit the forum but I refuse to bitch and whine about any pictures or comments that people make here. You know the risks anytime you decide to use corporate property to surf to non business related websites. You jepordize the security of your company everytime you do such so don't cast that burden on me. I am not Satan and I didn't make you come here m*.

Perhaps you should take some responsibility and use your time more constructively. I find it quite ironic how you took the time to bitch about my pictures being NSFW yet at the sametime managing to use vulgar language in the same post. Seriously..... ."fuck me"?? umm NO FU** YOU!

The irony here never ceases to amaze me. Photos containing zero nudity require NSFW to somehow be entered in to a "post reply" yet the use of racial slang terms and vulgarity are accepted? How does that work boss?? Ahhh forget it.. I was advised to take the highroad.

For all others who disagreed with the ban much appreciated.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
ya take one for the team. people r getting banned left and right. calling a gay guy a faggot... what next?

Dr. MMA
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
To whom it may concern:

I came to the forum and received a pm from a "new admin" about the Cyborg pictures (which he claims violated the forum rules due to nudity). Personally I felt and still feel we are looking at two different pictures because I saw zero nudity whatsoever but wuteva... I gave him the opportunity he needed to test out his new toy.

Prior to this temp ban (which is quite common) I had never heard of this NSFW rule and in all honesty will never use it anyways. I don't post "naked" pictures so why bother?

Cute that I wanted to play with a new toy. You were not the first person I banned or inmated and you won't be my last. I'm as objective as they come on this board. I'm not here to go out of my way to exercise my power. You posted a pic that was NSFW, which you clearly stated that it was a rule that you did not know existed. So you should first probably read the rules:

MMA News Forums - Announcements in Forum : General MMA Forum (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/general-mma-forum/announcements.html)

Here I provided 2 rules for you:

12) Do not post any pictures containing nudity unless the thread is properly labeled as Not Safe For Work (NSFW)
13) No stirring up trouble. If you are trying to start flame wars and disrupting other peoples posting, you will be punished.

The reason I posted rule #13 is because you have constantly engaged in flame wars. You received a warning last time (and others who engaged in similar flame wars did as well). Once you cause another "slip up" or break any of the forum rules, it will lead to a major infraction. It's not like I went out of my way to click "inmate"; if you get a major infraction, it's an automatic inmate status for 3 days.

ya take one for the team. people r getting banned left and right. calling a gay guy a faggot... what next?

This forum has been heavily disruptive over the past few months, which was noted by many posters. People will keep seeing posters inmated and banned. There will be zero tolerance for not following the rules.

Sakara=Excitement
04-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Theres only 12(ish) people on here who's posts I read. Roady is one of them.

Who are the other 11?

Cute that I wanted to play with a new toy. You were not the first person I banned or inmated and you won't be my last. I'm as objective as they come on this board. I'm not here to go out of my way to exercise my power. You posted a pic that was NSFW, which you clearly stated that it was a rule that you did not know existed. So you should first probably read the rules:

MMA News Forums - Announcements in Forum : General MMA Forum (http://www.mmanews.com/forums/general-mma-forum/announcements.html)

Here I provided 2 rules for you:

The reason I posted rule #13 is because you have constantly engaged in flame wars. You received a warning last time (and others who engaged in similar flame wars did as well). Once you cause another "slip up" or break any of the forum rules, it will lead to a major infraction. It's not like I went out of my way to click "inmate"; if you get a major infraction, it's an automatic inmate status for 3 days.

This forum has been heavily disruptive over the past few months, which was noted by many posters. People will keep seeing posters inmated and banned. There will be zero tolerance for not following the rules.

I <3 You.

roaddawg
04-14-2011, 11:33 PM
You posted a pic that was NSFW, which you clearly stated that it was a rule that you did not know existed. So you should first probably read the rules:

- A warning should have been given before a temporary ban. There is a strong possibility that posters here have not read all the rules let alone remembered all 13+. Instead you gave a warning about the pictures then no less than 10 seconds later followed it up with a temporary ban all in one swoop.

- No private parts were shown in either image. I have never once posted a nude photo of this board. More importantly how can you even label a "post reply" as NSFW?

- The picture could have easily been removed without the unnecessary ban.

The reason I posted rule #13 is because you have constantly engaged in flame wars. You received a warning last time (and others who engaged in similar flame wars did as well).

By engaging you mean I didn't take the highroad? If that is what you are saying then I agree with you. I was never good at turning the other cheek like Jesus but I'm working on it.

Truth be told if someone spits in my face I will probably kick them square between the legs out of spite. I wasn't raised to let people disrespect me so taking the highroad can be extremely difficult (for me at least)

Once you cause another "slip up" or break any of the forum rules, it will lead to a major infraction. It's not like I went out of my way to click "inmate"; if you get a major infraction, it's an automatic inmate status for 3 days.

Hey man you are just doing your job but just some friendly advice from someone whose ran a website and adminned before. The last thing you want to do is over admin the site to the point where it simply isn't an enjoyable experience for the community anymore.

Those people that are getting banned left and right will simply go elsewhere.

Sakara=Excitement
04-14-2011, 11:50 PM
It's not like I went out of my way to click "inmate"; if you get a major infraction, it's an automatic inmate status for 3 days.

- A warning should have been given before a temporary ban.

I think he answered that RD.

joeyP
04-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Who are the other 11?

I also wonder

Dr. MMA
04-15-2011, 12:53 AM
- A warning should have been given before a temporary ban. There is a strong possibility that posters here have not read all the rules let alone remembered all 13+. Instead you gave a warning about the pictures then no less than 10 seconds later followed it up with a temporary ban all in one swoop.

I already explained this. You received a warning for breaking a rule before. I'm not going to give you warnings repeatedly because you choose to break different rules. You broke #13 before, received a warning. You broke #12 and received an infraction. A major infraction will make the system automatically give you an inmate status. It's not me changing my mind 10 seconds later to give you a harsher penalty.

- No private parts were shown in either image. I have never once posted a nude photo of this board. More importantly how can you even label a "post reply" as NSFW?

- The picture could have easily been removed without the unnecessary ban.

Just because they're covering their private parts with other parts of their body doesn't make it not nude. Let's look up nude in a dictionary. Here are the first 4 defintions

[1] a painting of a naked human figure
[2] without clothing (especially in the phrase `in the nude'); "they swam in the nude"
[3] a naked person
[4] bare: completely unclothed; "bare bodies"; "naked from the waist up"; "a nude model"

The first and third definition doesn't help the situation, does it? However, the 2nd and 4th one does. People not wearing clothing is naked. Now going back to your pictures, were they wearing clothing? Sounds pretty nude to me.

By engaging you mean I didn't take the highroad? If that is what you are saying then I agree with you. I was never good at turning the other cheek like Jesus but I'm working on it.

Truth be told if someone spits in my face I will probably kick them square between the legs out of spite. I wasn't raised to let people disrespect me so taking the highroad can be extremely difficult (for me at least)

Your call here. If you receive an inmate status for getting in flame wars, you would know why.

Hey man you are just doing your job but just some friendly advice from someone whose ran a website and adminned before. The last thing you want to do is over admin the site to the point where it simply isn't an enjoyable experience for the community anymore.

This isn't my first rodeo either. You got it completely wrong on what the last thing I want is. The last thing I want is a disruptive site where posters have to sift through a bunch of nonsense in order to read some quality debates on MMA!

Pasha K
04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
LOL threads involving RD are very entertaining. This one looks promising aswell

Kimbo> Rampage
04-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Here are the first 4 defintions

[1] a painting of a naked human figure
[2] without clothing (especially in the phrase `in the nude'); "they swam in the nude"
[3] a naked person
[4] bare: completely unclothed; "bare bodies"; "naked from the waist up"; "a nude model"

The first and third definition doesn't help the situation, does it? However, the 2nd and 4th one does. People not wearing clothing is naked. Now going back to your pictures, were they wearing clothing? Sounds pretty nude to me.

This isn't my first rodeo either. You got it completely wrong on what the last thing I want is. The last thing I want is a disruptive site where posters have to sift through a bunch of nonsense in order to read some quality debates on MMA!

some of those definitions are open to interpretation, as you would have to define all of the words within the definition and it would be never ending. ESPN is the largest sports news organization in world. They have the same rule, they must disagree with you.

That thread was about things that you are embarrassed about.

IceCold48
04-15-2011, 01:46 AM
aaaw. Here's a piece of advice than... WORK while you're at work and you won't have an issues which whats displayed on the page. You could also stick to just the news while at work and wait to see the responses when you get home than you'll never have a problem.

Why should we sensor ourselves because you're here while you're supposed to be working? thats the way I see it

what an ignorant post

then what is the point of there being a not safe for work rule? should there be a big warning when you sign on saying don't come on here unless your at home?

and i was working at school so who are you tell me what i should be doing with my school work? i got my own pace and i do what i do.

you obviously never read the rules because the rules say you should sensor yourselves in the fucking general mma forum. there are other forums on this website to post naked shit.

Who are the other 11?

there are way more then 12

off the top of my head...me, jadedx, tbear, bbc, leaucitous or however you say it, sakara, xantos, 23extreme, kid, kevo, fedorleigomipiere, hillbilly, chael, the mods, end it with a left,woot you got owned, cat smasher, rampage, cat smasher, roadawg, bas, charlie sheen, joeyp, and a shit load of others and im obviously forgetting a bunch of people so i apologize

theres about 25 right there.

KevoOnTheRadio
04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Who are the other 11?

Your one of them

I also wonder

So are you.

TBear, The Mod Squad, Roady, Fedorlie Gomipierre, 23extreme, KnowledgeKnown, TheKidInside. Bue420, BlobFish, some old school guys. Some others, depends on the thread topic, length of their posts, etc.

roaddawg
04-15-2011, 08:32 AM
you obviously never read the rules because the rules say you should sensor yourselves in the fucking general mma forum.

Did anyone else find this part funny?

Oh yea btw... /done

IceCold48
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Your one of them

So are you.

TBear, The Mod Squad, Roady, Fedorlie Gomipierre, 23extreme, KnowledgeKnown, TheKidInside. Bue420, BlobFish, some old school guys. Some others, depends on the thread topic, length of their posts, etc.

=(.

Pasha K
04-15-2011, 04:57 PM
=(.

Yeah, he does not like me either :(

:D

HillbillyDeluxe
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Well I see things are back to normal, now. Cheerio chaps, cheerio hahaha.
Welcome Back, RD.

Even tho we have our disagreements,"flame wars" if you will, and arguments. I usually enjoy the insight you bring to this forum when its not a simple case of me and others thinking you are just out looking for a pot of shit to stir. With that said, dont feel like Doc singled you out, because he really isnt that bad of a MOD.

Goremire
04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
=(.

Yeah, fuck Kevo. I feel safe typing this, as I am not one of the posters he reads. He'll look at this and probably just see my avatar, and a vague swirling mass of text that is beneath his notice - and move on. :grinsmile1:

rivethead
04-15-2011, 07:56 PM
^^ I assume that nobody reads my posts. A lot of time they're stream of consciousness and I'm trying to work shit out in my own mind as I write.

for the record, I like your posts Gore.

When they're banned, they don't have a choice but to go elsewhere. Even if they leave after being made an inmate, I'm generally OK with that, there have been very few incidents were a poster is made an inmate and came back a strong contributor to the board.

rh

Sakara=Excitement
04-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Can someone tell me...why anyone would care?

rob_bills
04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Roaddawg is like a cockroach, even after a nuclear holocaust he'll still be around.. which aint a bad thing, it would be boring if we were all high fiving each other.

The Return Of......
04-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Your one of them

So are you.

fuck me, i didnt make the cut

roaddawg
04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Roaddawg is like a cockroach, even after a nuclear holocaust he'll still be around.. which aint a bad thing, it would be boring if we were all high fiving each other.

Why do have a feeling you've been watching Mansers or something similar? I remember seeing an episode awhile back on cockroaches being able to survive the radiation from a nuclear explosion.

Ahhh hell I'm probably wrong.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Why do have a feeling you've been watching Mansers or something similar? I remember seeing an episode awhile back on cockroaches being able to survive the radiation from a nuclear explosion.

You seem more similar to a pig.

rob_bills
04-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Ha yeah thats what im talking about

roaddawg
04-15-2011, 09:43 PM
You seem more similar to a pig.

Ohhh because of Cyborg? Yea I'm an old dirty bastad sick McNasty mf like Don Frye....

LefthookStcrook
04-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Lol no one likes me either dude :( :D. Me, You and The Return Of.. will start our own no friends group:sadsong: lol fuck all you haters :dancingsmile:

Actually theres more people on here that I "like" then "dislike", and that includes the mods. If I happen to disagree with someone on one subject, chances are we agree on something else. Which is common is most sports.

On topic:
I always thought that "NSFW" ment that it had to show actual "private parts", I always thought that something like those pics would be OK(it was on ESPN..). Type in "non nude" in Google images and you get some pretty skanky clothes, or use of camera angles with no clothes at all.

All in all I've been a member for a few years now and have only posted like 5 pics and 2 vids lol, but still good to know!

KevoOnTheRadio
04-15-2011, 10:57 PM
=(.

Yeah, fuck Kevo. I feel safe typing this, as I am not one of the posters he reads. He'll look at this and probably just see my avatar, and a vague swirling mass of text that is beneath his notice - and move on. :grinsmile1:

fuck me, i didnt make the cut

Just because I didn't mention you by name doesn't mean I don't read and/or enjoy your posts. 3 out of 4 of you I respect your opinion, the other 1/4 of you is Russian.

Just messin Pashak, your alright buddy.:grinsmile1:

Goremire
04-15-2011, 10:57 PM
^^ I assume that nobody reads my posts. A lot of time they're stream of consciousness and I'm trying to work shit out in my own mind as I write.

for the record, I like your posts Gore.

Thanks Riv. I enjoy your posts too, especially the ones where you school up the ignorant. Sometimes I'll see a particularly retarded piece of commentary on a thread you're frequenting, and I'll kinda cringe because I know what's coming (like when you watch a Discovery Channell documentary and you see a gazelle grazing innocently on the veldt somewhere and everything seems pleasant enough, but you know it's about to get worse because the documentary is called 'Lions: Nature's Serial Killers' ) but while I'm cringing I'm usually kinda looking forward to it as well because it's usually epic.

And I was actually being ironic: I'm 100% that Kevo not only avidly searches for and reads my posts, but uses them to guide his actions and decisions in daily life. In fact, I heard he's compiling a collection of my posts into a hardback book titled "Words of Wisdom That Have Changed My Life - The Collected Thoughts and Musings of Goremire" and that it's due out next fall.

KevoOnTheRadio
04-15-2011, 11:18 PM
paperback edition due out in time for the Holidays.

roaddawg
04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
paperback edition due out in time for the Holidays.

Featuring yours truly: The Antagonist
Lord knows every book needs one to be epic.

kickass32
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM
It's over so I guess I should just let it go, but really, the Cyborgs NSFW???? Come on, pictures posted of the ring girls are just as bad, but are alright?? Just cuz there is no clothes on doesn't make it a bad picture...IMO anyways...too many politicaly correct uptight people!!