PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones' Big Brother Training MMA & Would "Smash" Cain Velasquez

Cat--Smasher
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Jon Jones' Big Brother Would "Smash" Cain Velasquez | Addicted MMA | Mixed martial arts (http://addictedmma.com/story-News_2080_Jon-Jones-big-Brother-would-quotsmashquot-Cain.php)

"Arthur's considering it and he's training," Jones said to ESPN. "I just talked to him today and he said 'man, my jiu-jitsu's getting so much better.'

"I guess he's using his wrestling base, and his size alone is crazy to deal with. He's just a smart dude. I think he's going to do well if he ever gets cut or leaves the NFL. I'm biased. I really want my brother to be in the UFC with me; that would be so sweet."

"I think if you gave Arthur two years of training he could be very well considered one of the top heavyweights. He's training it now.

"He's always been a better wrestler than me, he's always better than me. I've never been a team captain. He's been a team captain at everything, the football team, the wrestling team. Since day one, he's been a leader. He's just gifted. He just has timing, and body coordination, and light feet. Everything."

When asked if he thinks his big bro would stand a chance against the UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasguez Jones professed : "Cain Velasquez would get smashed!"

xdevilhawk138x
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
To that statement that Velasquez would get smashed..FORGET ABOUT IT..No way he would handle Cains striking, wrestling, and the pace

Cat--Smasher
04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Jones said his big bro Aurthor's natural weight is 320 lbs so if he has the natural athleticism Jon one would have to wonder.

Masscore
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Usually I would rip this apart and talk about how Cain is basically easily the best HW in the world and will soon prove he is the best fighter in the world.

But what would you expect a guy to say about his own brother?

Kimbo> Rampage
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Jones said his big bro Aurthor's natural weight is 320 lbs so if he has the natural athleticism Jon one would have to wonder.

Iv seen jones' big brother on multiple occasions. No. he isnt a cut linebacker, hes a DL. he is strong as fuck but carries around a lot of body fat, that is what the position requires. Cain would kill him, if he has really good wrestling he might pose a huge takedown threat but cain would knock his ass out.

xrjxarsonx
04-15-2011, 08:04 AM
i think he ment after two years of dedication and training his brother would "smash" cain. jon got the title after 3 so if he sees his brother as a better athlete who knows.

with the NFL lock out I could see him transferring over, i guess time will tell