PDA

View Full Version : Fighting May 13th

The Sword
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey guys I don't know if anyone on here is from the Chesapeake VA area, but I fighting on a PRO\AM card in the area. should be a good time if anyone can make it . One of my coaches is fighting in the main event for the WKA US title. here the info.
WKA USA (http://www.wkausa.com/event-5-13-11.html)

HillbillyDeluxe
04-16-2011, 10:33 PM
best of luck to you man! If I was closer I'd love to come watch, but alas I'm pretty far away.

TheKidInside
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Love you man! all the best and kick some ass!

rob_bills
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
WAR THE SWORD! il be sure to give you a shoutout over fb, wish you the best of luck man

scolli7
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
You need to make a MMA News Forums t-shirt to walk in to. I demand youtube footage!!!

The Sword
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone. and I do my best to get some to video tape it for me so I can post it.

The Return Of......
04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
only a state away. been looking for a reason for a road trip. might see if i can make it

Pasha K
04-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately I am in Mexico City so It will be impossible for me to watch your fight.
But I wish you all the best, hopefully you can post the video later.

m1ckeykn0x
04-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Good luck brother!

Goremire
04-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I live in another hermisphere, so put me down as a 'maybe'.

But seriously, good luck, go out there and put the stamp on 'im!

SWORD FTW!!!!

Xanatos
04-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Unfortunately I'm agoraphobic so I won't be able to make it but I'll cheer from you inside the safety of my house. Good luck brother. Go for the twister.

LefthookStcrook
04-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Best of luck to yeah dude.

Care to give us any info about the fight? Such as records, what your strenghts are etc?

I wish there was some way I could watch and cheer lol, be like "Yeah this guy posts where I post!" haha :D

Kimbo> Rampage
04-18-2011, 09:19 AM
good luck man, post the fight or some videos so we can get a feel for you. What type of style do you prefer. what are your strong and week points?

Knock his ass out.:grinsmile1:

The Sword
04-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Yea sure, First off I forgot to say my fight is one of the Kickboxing matches. I’m not allowed to do MMA right now because of my disability, although I hope to change that someday. My official record is 0-2, but don’t let my bad record fool you. Both guys that I fought had over 70 + fights, and both guys had already won more national kickboxing titles then I had fights. In fact both of my fights were title fights, one was for the 133lb WKKO U.S. tittle and the other was for the140lb WKA North American tittle. In case you were wondering how I got 2 tittle shots in 2 fights it because they were tournament style. I don’t know anything about my opponent for this fight yet. My strong point is boxing at range I’m 6 foot and my weights are above in the post. My week point is when it turns in to a brawl, you see because of my disability I don’t have a good right hand, so when people rush me I have a very hard time with it.

link to my US tittle fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJP-aoImx4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd7UgGtv9Do&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-9RY3PeXI&feature=related

enjoy

LefthookStcrook
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Yea sure, First off I forgot to say my fight is one of the Kickboxing matches. I’m not allowed to do MMA right now because of my disability, although I hope to change that someday. My official record is 0-2, but don’t let my bad record fool you. Both guys that I fought had over 70 + fights, and both guys had already won more national kickboxing titles then I had fights. In fact both of my fights were title fights, one was for the 133lb WKKO U.S. tittle and the other was for the140lb WKA North American tittle. In case you were wondering how I got 2 tittle shots in 2 fights it because they were tournament style. I don’t know anything about my opponent for this fight yet. My strong point is boxing at range I’m 6 foot and my weights are above in the post. My week point is when it turns in to a brawl, you see because of my disability I don’t have a good right hand, so when people rush me I have a very hard time with it.

link to my US tittle fight

YouTube - WKKO U.S. title fight 2010, 133lbs Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJP-aoImx4E)

YouTube - WKKO U.S. title fight 2010, 133lbs Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd7UgGtv9Do&feature=related)

YouTube - WKKO U.S. title fight 2010, 133lbs Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-9RY3PeXI&feature=related)

enjoy

Let me first say, that you could knee me in the face without hardly lifting your leg lol, like checking something on the bottom on your shoe, you look up and Im out cold lol.

Second, close fight dude. You obviously got more training then me so my opinions wont mean much :D lol, But you looked good in there. I like your convidence, It almost made it seem like buddy was fighting out of desperation. I do agree with your girl tho, you gotta use more kicks lol, deffinetly a "range fighter". Mixin up those kicks n hands would be brutal for anyone within 70"(?) of yeah.

And much respect on fighting with your condition bro, thats shits no joke. I was born with major heart problems and scoliosis of the spine, and have done so much shit that doctors/people said Id never do. You only live once right, cant let that shit slow yeah down.

Anyways its obvious that you got skills, and family around you to support you. Your girl(?) seems real supportive. I liked the "you betta mind your manners right now" in the southern accent lol.

Wish yeah the best of luck on your upcoming fight and look forward to seeing some vids :D

(I tried to give a shout-out on youtube, but this damn Google account bullshit kept coming up lol)

CHAEL fan
04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Good luck brother man!

CHAEL fan will be rooting hard for you!!!! :hulk09:

The Sword
04-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, mean's a lot to me.

Check this out, now I don't like to know to much about who I'm fighting because I just like to focus on what I need to do. but I asked my coach tonight at what wait class the fight is because everthing got comfired today. I wondering, am I going back down to 133lb most likely not because it very hard to find an adult that can make that weight. Thats why I figured it be a 140lbs. Still hard to find an adult in that class but a whole lot easier than at 133lb. now I walk around at 142-145. and guess what weight the fight is at...... a Catchweight of 150lbs. The first thing that came to my mind was Yves Edwards back in the day eating a cheeseburger on the scale. I was like man I should totally do that because the weigh ins will be at a local bar the day befor the fight. Every body been cutting weight and I get on the scale with food, how epic would that be.

LefthookStcrook
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, mean's a lot to me.

Check this out, now I don't like to know to much about who I'm fighting because I just like to focus on what I need to do. but I asked my coach tonight at what wait class the fight is because everthing got comfired today. I wondering, am I going back down to 133lb most likely not because it very hard to find an adult that can make that weight. Thats why I figured it be a 140lbs. Still hard to find an adult in that class but a whole lot easier than at 133lb. now I walk around at 142-145. and guess what weight the fight is at...... a Catchweight of 150lbs. The first thing that came to my mind was Yves Edwards back in the day eating a cheeseburger on the scale. I was like man I should totally do that because the weigh ins will be at a local bar the day befor the fight. Every body been cutting weight and I get on the scale with food, how epic would that be.

HAHA yes, yes you should. Grab a order of hot wings and go to town :D lol

Lets hope its NOT atcually Yves Edwards that your fighting tho eh lol! How you feeling about fighting above your natural class? Is this the highest weight you've fought.

My lil sis's birthday is May 15th so the date is already like burned into my brain lol. Pretty stoked for yeah dude.

LefthookStcrook
05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
SOO

How'd yeah make out?

The Sword
05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Well guys, My opponent no showed on fight night, so I didnot get a chance to fight. No phone call or anything, It F$%K'n sucked. I just glad I didnt have to cu an weight because I was fighting 15 pounds above my weight class. The good news is my coach won the main event and the WKA US title and their is now talks of a possiable world tittle shot, so we will see what happen's. Thanks agian for all the support guys and sorry i didnt get to fight.