PDA

View Full Version : “UFC Encyclopedia” Hits Shelves October 3rd, 2011

kickass32
04-19-2011, 07:40 PM
“UFC Encyclopedia” Hits Shelves October 3rd, 2011 | 5thRound.com (http://www.5thround.com/73706/ufc-encyclopedia-hits-shelves-october-3rd-2011/)

“UFC Encyclopedia” Hits Shelves October 3rd, 2011
Written by 5thRound.com Staff
April 19th, 2011
Help 5thRound.com spread the word
http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/UFCEncyclopedia.jpg

DK Publishing announced Tuesday they will produce the officially licensed encyclopedia to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The “UFC Encyclopedia” will capture all facets of the Octagon, detailing the history of the organization from its beginnings in 1993.

“We began discussing a project of this scale with the UFC a few years ago and we are thrilled that we are finally able to bring a book like this to life for MMA fans,” stated Mike Degler, Publisher of the UFC Encyclopedia. “The UFC has an incredibly rich eighteen-year history, and we have been given unprecedented access to all of it. The UFC Encyclopedia will be a must-have for any MMA fan, as well as an informative and comprehensive tribute to the world’s fastest growing sport.”

The book, which is scheduled for publication on October 3rd 2011, will give fanboys unparalleled insights into the UFC universe in 400 full-color pages. The Encyclopedia will include unprecedented access to the organization’s fighters through profile and action photos, detailed biographies, records, vital stats and more.

“Very few people keep their thumbs on the pulse of the UFC like Tom Gerbasi, the author for the UFC Encyclopedia,” says Christian Sumner, Project Lead for the UFC Encyclopedia. “His event coverage will make readers feel like they were cageside, and his detailed fighter profiles are punctuated by quotes that he’s gathered through years of interviews.

“This kind of in-depth and behind-the-scenes access is what every UFC follower is looking for, and we are proud to be playing a part in bringing it to the fans!”

DK Publishing has secured a world language deal and expects to publish the book in numerous territories and languages.

“UFC Encyclopedia” Hits Shelves October 3rd

IceCold48
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
what the hell is the point of a ufc encyclopedia when pretty much everything about it is on wikipedia already.

TheKidInside
04-19-2011, 10:11 PM
is it going to stay that UFC = MMA and that UFC "created" MMA also?

TBEAR
04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
is it going to stay that UFC = MMA and that UFC "created" MMA also?

Stop hating, if you dont want the book then dont buy it.

m1ckeykn0x
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Well we all know what to get Pashak for Christmas.

TheKidInside
04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Stop hating, if you dont want the book then dont buy it.

"hating" LMAO. child

and as IceCold said it's a collection of wikis so why would anyone besides TapouT folks buy it anyway :confusedsmilie:

In other news, I got your UFC paycheck, it came to my house by accident, I'll fwd it to you

Kimbo> Rampage
04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
looks cool, but mma will keep going on and it will only be good up to a point.

Im I the only one that was really disgusted with forrest vs. bonner? best fight in mma history...:dry:

TheKidInside
04-19-2011, 10:51 PM
looks cool, but mma will keep going on and it will only be good up to a point.

Im I the only one that was really disgusted with forrest vs. bonner? best fight in mma history...:dry:

it made Dana White, duh.

LefthookStcrook
04-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I got a buddy that I call the UFC enclyclopedia lol, its gonna be funny to tell him theres an actual official one now.

I'd buy if it it wasnt super pricey. Which it most likley will be. So I most likley wont buy it lol.

I wonder what ref they asked for a definition of "back of the head" lol

XxChAoS32xX
04-20-2011, 05:51 AM
I can't wait to dow.... i mean buy it.

m1ckeykn0x
04-22-2011, 04:17 AM
I can't wait to dow.... i mean buy it.

:unsure: