PDA

View Full Version : My First MMA event to attend!

bigherm00
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
So I noticed today that the Strikeforce tickets for Dallas finally went on sale recently, so I took a look at prices and availability.

A few text messages later, and I bought 4 tickets for the show! I wasn't able to attend the UFC event here when Dos Santos v Cro Cop and Belfort vs Franklin went down, but I will be going to this event!

I'm pumped because I've never watched an MMA event live in person! And add to the fact that Overeem is on the card, I'm stoked!!

One question to those who have attended show before: The advertised ticket time is 6:30 PM. Any idea what time fights start going down? Some folks in my group will work that day, and I need to see how early they need to leave. If fights will start before 7, it won't be a problem, just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks!

Xtremo
04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, i live in central california and I went to werdum vs fedor strikeforce show. I still have my ticket and it says prelims begin at 5 pm...I got there half an hour early to find the parking, get in line and enter, find seats...

My form of ticket is a "ticketmaster print right now" thing...so If you get your tickets, it should say what time the prelims begin...

my ticket also says two times, prelims at 5 and show at 7...their was four fights in the undercard for me...so if your texas show also has 4 fights, maybe you should get their two hours earlier...4 30...well actually give urself enough time (30 mins) to settle so get to the stadium at 4.

oh and Congrats main, should be one great show...mine was!

mma #1 fan
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
So I noticed today that the Strikeforce tickets for Dallas finally went on sale recently, so I took a look at prices and availability.

A few text messages later, and I bought 4 tickets for the show! I wasn't able to attend the UFC event here when Dos Santos v Cro Cop and Belfort vs Franklin went down, but I will be going to this event!

I'm pumped because I've never watched an MMA event live in person! And add to the fact that Overeem is on the card, I'm stoked!!

One question to those who have attended show before: The advertised ticket time is 6:30 PM. Any idea what time fights start going down? Some folks in my group will work that day, and I need to see how early they need to leave. If fights will start before 7, it won't be a problem, just trying to figure out what to expect.Thanks!

I always leave as early as I can and find a bar to chill at till fight time.
(Then i get pissed at the real drunk people who awlays seem to sit behind me
and yelling kill em rip his head off come pussy fuck em up fuck em up .)

dexter
04-21-2011, 12:44 AM
(Then i get pissed at the real drunk people who awlays seem to sit behind me
and yelling kill em rip his head off come pussy fuck em up fuck em up .)

The worst are the people who boo when it hits the ground or shout 'get up', though I think you get that less now.

bigherm00
04-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Yeah, near the American Airlines Center is a Hooter's that I spend the day at while waiting for any event I'm attending to get started.

I'll wait for the tickets to arrive in the mail and try to coordinate with the rest of the group about their work schedule. Fortunately, I'm off the whole day, so regardless, I'll have the beer flowing.

If idiot fans around me (or anywhere in the stadium for that matter) start to boo, I'll be pissed, but there isn't really anything I can do about it. I'd hope that they'd be on best behavior to try to encourage more events to want to come to Dallas. I doubt promotions this large consider the fan response during fights much when planning tours, but I'd hate to see Dallas suffer because of bad fans. If I recall correctly, Texas has had enough issues surrounding it's athletic commission's decisions (or lack of) in the past with MMA. We don't need more odds against us!

Kimbo> Rampage
04-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Lucky. Id definitely go if i was u. Take the precautions as others mentioned that go to the events about seating, etc. If you like to drink or smoke while you watch the fights you should do that before hand as im sure the'll charge 5+$ for a beer.

Caine2878
04-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Seeing it live definitely is a plus. I miss being stationed in Vegas they would give troops free tickets to every sporting event. I went to every UFC event and boxing match there was from 2002-2005. Loved it, except for the fact that every drunken idiot in a tap out shirt in the audience thinks he is a badass. Saw my share of audience fights and even had one of my own after Roy Jones vs Tarver II