PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
He has cleaned out the entire welterweight division over the course of the last 3-4 years. beating jake shields proved that no one can touch him at 170, so my question is this: do you think that GSP should stop piddling around 170 and move up to 185 or should GSP retire?

My opinion is, he should retire, because all up untill the the Vitor/Anderson fight he seemed interested in moving up to 185 to face Anderson in a superfight but after seeing Anderson front kick and KO Vitor like that he all of a sudden has no interest in moving up to 185 anymore. It might or might not be just me , but im getting tired of watching GSP jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab and the occasional takedown every fight anymore.

If he is so good at the jab and striking , he should just go to boxing or flatout retire. I will not be ordering anymore UFC PPV's where GSP is in the main event, just a waste of money watching a MMA fighter jab the whole time. i mean im one for watching a good ground game and good stand up, but for god sakes integrate them.. I honestly think that if Dana white was going to punish Anderson Silva for a few lackluster performances (ABU DABI for example) shouldnt he contemplate Punishing GSP for lackluster performances?

Slippin
05-04-2011, 10:13 PM
If Silva dominates his next fight, I'm pretty sure the super fight will happen. Dana will try to make cheez before he retires.

There's no one for these guys to fight any way but themselves. GSP looked big enough to fight Silva from his fight with Shields.

Flynnja
05-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Retire? Are you serious? This is getting to be too much.

macewen
05-04-2011, 10:19 PM
He has cleaned out the entire welterweight division over the course of the last 3-4 years. beating jake shields proved that no one can touch him at 170, so my question is this: do you think that GSP should stop piddling around 170 and move up to 185 or should GSP retire?

My opinion is, he should retire, because all up untill the the Vitor/Anderson fight he seemed interested in moving up to 185 to face Anderson in a superfight but after seeing Anderson front kick and KO Vitor like that he all of a sudden has no interest in moving up to 185 anymore. It might or might not be just me , but im getting tired of watching GSP jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab and the occasional takedown every fight anymore.

If he is so good at the jab and striking , he should just go to boxing or flatout retire. I will not be ordering anymore UFC PPV's where GSP is in the main event, just a waste of money watching a MMA fighter jab the whole time. i mean im one for watching a good ground game and good stand up, but for god sakes integrate them.. I honestly think that if Dana white was going to punish Anderson Silva for a few lackluster performances (ABU DABI for example) shouldnt he contemplate Punishing GSP for lackluster performances?

so if a fight card has 4 awesome fights and gsp is the main event u wont order it?
GSP can stay at ww, and become the best ww ever. (if he isnt classified as that anyway) he can build a legacy, at ww. But if he moved up, hes risking alot, sure he could prove to be the number 1 p4p fighter in the world, or prove hes not. He could just be comfortable with the debate..

TheDoucheyWun
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM
GSP has taken minimal damage throughout his career and is only 29 and has never been man handled by an opponent...Untill GSP loses a couple fights in decisive fashion or just gets old I dont see him retiring.. I say he goes till 33-34. so good 4-5 years left of him

My opinion is, he should retire,

This is just retarded IMO..

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
hmmm. my computeris actually working now. IMO i think GSP should move up or retire. why beat the same people over and over and over instead of beating newer and bigger challenges. what would look better in a legacy: beating the same people over and over or overcoming bigger and badder challenges?

LefthookStcrook
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Why should he move up OR retire? Whats wrong with once in a life time fighters ripping their own divisions for as long as they can?

And he doesnt just "Jab jab jab, occasional TD" EVERY fight. Look up some fights dude and see the ass whopping hes put on the BEST in the division.

Even IF thats all he did, then why cant any other top ranked fighter stop it? Think about that for a second.

No ones forcing you to order PPVs, And if your going to let one fighter ruin a whole cards worth of fights for you then thats your lost dude. 129 is a prime example, So many awsome fights and spectacular finishes from Crane kicks to Spinning Back-fist to Flying Triangles... But you wished that you never saw any of it? C'mon.

And BTW GSP will be in the main event 98% of the cards hes on. Theres not a single fighter I dislike that much, and if there was, I doubt I would have that much hatred for the person that their fighting as well.

JMO tho, no disrespect. I understand that people will like or dislike fighters for whatever reason they have, I just felt like I needed to comment lol

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Why should he move up OR retire? Whats wrong with once in a life time fighters ripping their own divisions for as long as they can?

And he doesnt just "Jab jab jab, occasional TD" EVERY fight. Look up some fights dude and see the ass whopping hes put on the BEST in the division.

Even IF thats all he did, then why cant any other top ranked fighter stop it? Think about that for a second.

No ones forcing you to order PPVs, And if your going to let one fighter ruin a whole cards worth of fights for you then thats your lost dude. 129 is a prime example, So many awsome fights and spectacular finishes from Crane kicks to Spinning Back-fist to Flying Triangles... But you wished that you never saw any of it? C'mon.

And BTW GSP will be in the main event 98% of the cards hes on. Theres not a single fighter I dislike that much, and if there was, I doubt I would have that much hatred for the person that their fighting as well.

JMO tho, no disrespect. I understand that people will like or dislike fighters for whatever reason they have, I just felt like I needed to comment lol

i understand your point and no offense is taken, wouldnt you be bored beating people youve already beat or know you could beat? i mean if i was GSP and cleaned up the 170 division short of Nick Diaz, i would want to move on to bigger challenges. and in my opinion, i havent seen anything exciting from GSP since GSP/Hughes 3. thats my opinion. i got an idea however, since some people think that Machida has more of a 185'er frame and GSP should move up to 185, why not pit them against eachother @ 185? there both somewhat boring although i do like Machida a lot more than i do GSP.

MMA4EVERRR
05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
hmmm. my computeris actually working now. IMO i think GSP should move up or retire. why beat the same people over and over and over instead of beating newer and bigger challenges. what would look better in a legacy: beating the same people over and over or overcoming bigger and badder challenges?

Since when is GSP beating the same ppl over and over and over?

He had a trilogy with Matt Hughes, which made sense. He fought Matt Serra in a rematch for the undisputed WW title. Fought Koscheck 2x but the first one was a #1 contender match and the 2nd was for the title. BJ Penn rematch was a superfight between 2 champs that everyone wanted to see .

He has fought many new challengers in guys like Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields.
He has a few new challengers on the rise as well like Condit, Stungun, Rick Story, Jake Ellenburger. Woodley is also possible if he moves over to the UFC.

And then theres Nick Diaz. The only WW fight that makes sense for both fighters right now.

GSP is looking to move to MW someday but not till he puts on the right amount of size. The guy walks around 192lbs. He is smaller than most guys at WW. MW fighters are cutting from 205lb. Guys like Chael, Okami, Silva will dwarf him in comparison.

Your post was just fail in soo many ways.

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Since when is GSP beating the same ppl over and over and over?

He had a trilogy with Matt Hughes, which made sense. He fought Matt Serra in a rematch for the undisputed WW title. Fought Koscheck 2x but the first one was a #1 contender match and the 2nd was for the title. BJ Penn rematch was a superfight between 2 champs that everyone wanted to see .

He has fought many new challengers in guys like Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields.
He has a few new challengers on the rise as well like Condit, Stungun, Rick Story, Jake Ellenburger. Woodley is also possible if he moves over to the UFC.

And then theres Nick Diaz. The only WW fight that makes sense for both fighters right now.

GSP is looking to move to MW someday but not till he puts on the right amount of size. The guy walks around 192lbs. He is smaller than most guys at WW. MW fighters are cutting from 205lb. Guys like Chael, Okami, Silva will dwarf him in comparison.

Your post was just fail in soo many ways.

post wasnt fail, post was opinion. is there MMA law stating i cant talk about GSP lol?

Y2JUBAE
05-04-2011, 10:48 PM
There's still a couple fights left in WW division, although I am positive he will win them.

Really this is just up to GSP alone and it all depends on what he wants his legacy to be.

Does he want to be the greatest WW of all time, or the greatest of all time. That's the factor in the decision for him right there.

Retire? I don't see him losing in the WW division in the next 3 years for sure. Diaz can't do it, and neither can anyone else in that division.

One thing he can do is sit there and continue to collect massive pay checks. Why retire now?

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
the only 3 ways i see GSP losing the WW title, is if Nick Diaz comes over for a champion vs champion fight, nicks a better striker IMO and has longer reach i think and would cause GSP problems,2: if BJ Penn put on the extra muscle mass to be an actual WW. he's a Ligthweight GSP. 3: if anthony Johnson gets it together and gets quality wins.

The Donosaur
05-04-2011, 10:52 PM

I rarely post but this is ridiculous enough that I couldn't resist. I have two points to make. First what do you do for a living if you are the best chef in a smaller town you sure as hell better move to New York & open a new place or retire (if you aren't a chef that was just an example, and if you are a chef damn i'm good). Get the point its his job when it comes down to it he has a career just like everyone else. GSP is the best 170 pound fighter on the planet & he can continue that for as long as he, and the UFC sees fit.
Secondly new contenders crop up all the time. I could be a champ for another organization such as Ben Askren or Nick Diaz. Maybe there is an NCAA wrestling champion freak of nature biding his time until he is done college so he can get in the cage. I mean who was Jon Jones three years ago or Frankie Edgar before that or Cain or Jose Aldo. The point is champs come and go, and so do new hungry athletically gifted challengers looking to become the new champ (Carlos Condit, Rick Story, Hendrickson ?, Rory Mcdonald).
P.S. I'm guessing the PPV got a ton of buys which makes GSP very profitable to the UFC as well as companies like Under Armor & Gatorade...But if YOU think he should retire maybe you know best...

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I rarely post but this is ridiculous enough that I couldn't resist. I have two points to make. First what do you do for a living if you are the best chef in a smaller town you sure as hell better move to New York & open a new place or retire (if you aren't a chef that was just an example, and if you are a chef damn i'm good). Get the point its his job when it comes down to it he has a career just like everyone else. GSP is the best 170 pound fighter on the planet & he can continue that for as long as he, and the UFC sees fit.
Secondly new contenders crop up all the time. I could be a champ for another organization such as Ben Askren or Nick Diaz. Maybe there is an NCAA wrestling champion freak of nature biding his time until he is done college so he can get in the cage. I mean who was Jon Jones three years ago or Frankie Edgar before that or Cain or Jose Aldo. The point is champs come and go, and so do new hungry athletically gifted challengers looking to become the new champ (Carlos Condit, Rick Story, Hendrickson ?, Rory Mcdonald).
P.S. I'm guessing the PPV got a ton of buys which makes GSP very profitable to the UFC as well as companies like Under Armor & Gatorade...But if YOU think he should retire maybe you know best...

idk best, i was just stating my opinion and i think he should jump or retire. waste your money on a boxing match with GSP if you want . if i want boxing, i will go watch Flloyd mayweather. BTW if he goes to the olympics like he was talking about in wrestling.......He will get slaughtered.

Flynnja
05-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Ya he was really boxing the shit out of Dan Hardy. This is getting ignorant. That's literatly only two fights ago. He took him down non-stop. But since he jabbed/mangled Kos's head, and beat Shields via stand up he is a boxer.

Rumble
05-04-2011, 11:02 PM

There isn't always an automatic contender waiting in the wings after every title fight. There are a lot of prospects in the UFC WW division that just need time to be built up. There's also some good WW still/were outside the UFC that I'm sure could give GSP a run for his money (such as Nick Diaz). GSP is not untouchable or the be all end all of the entire WW MMA world. Somebody out there has his number, and time will tell who that is.

The Donosaur
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
idk best, i was just stating my opinion and i think he should jump or retire. waste your money on a boxing match with GSP if you want . if i want boxing, i will go watch Flloyd mayweather. BTW if he goes to the olympics like he was talking about in wrestling.......He will get slaughtered.

I agree he would get slaughtered in the olympics in wrestling I know wrestling & you are correct he wouldn't do very well but he is an MMA fighter. As an MMA fighter he would destroy any olympic wrestler at MMA.
Go watch boxing GSP has had two fights that were jab fests because the standing game is where his advange was at it those fights. Next time he faces a knockout artist I promise you he will slam them right back to the prelims because he is an all around fighter with solid game plans. That is what it takes to be the best in mixed martial arts since it is MIXED with so many fighting styles fighters have to adapt to all of them and find a whole in their opponets skill set.

Jagman
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Why is it all on GSP to move up or retire? I'm pretty sure Anderson Silva has cleaned out his division for longer... Why isn't he getting pressured to move down and fight GSP? Or fight him at a catch weight of 178?

Honestly even is GSP adds enough muscle to move up and hold his own he is still going to be very short and under-muscled for that weight class. Anderson, Sonnen,... they are all well over 6 feet tall and walk around at 220 or so between fights. I don't see GSP having the frame to ever hold 220 and still maintain his quickness and conditioning.

Criticize his fighting style all you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But all of this he should move up or retire stuff is silly unless you want to apply it to all the champs including Silva.

Sakara=Excitement
05-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Get these fucking newbs out of here. Go to Sherdog with that retirement bullshit.

The Donosaur
05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Get these fucking newbs out of here. Go to Sherdog with that retirement bullshit.

technically I am newb I guess since i'm not on here often but I still...^^^THIS

dmc_tim
05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Why is it all on GSP to move up or retire? I'm pretty sure Anderson Silva has cleaned out his division for longer... Why isn't he getting pressured to move down and fight GSP? Or fight him at a catch weight of 178?

Honestly even is GSP adds enough muscle to move up and hold his own he is still going to be very short and under-muscled for that weight class. Anderson, Sonnen,... they are all well over 6 feet tall and walk around at 220 or so between fights. I don't see GSP having the frame to ever hold 220 and still maintain his quickness and conditioning.

Criticize his fighting style all you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But all of this he should move up or retire stuff is silly unless you want to apply it to all the champs including Silva.

hasnt anderson volunteered to drop to 170 to fight GSP? rousimar palhares is a good 185'er and he's 5'8 or 5'9 . Jeff monson is a good heavyweight and he's 5'9. what about pat barry being a good HW and only being 5'11

dan the man 67
05-04-2011, 11:54 PM

I don't know PPV take-in amounts, but I would bet that cards that GSP is on bring in more than most other cards. He is definitely one of the most popular fighters in all of MMA.

Retire? That's just nonsense. Moving up in weight should be his decision, and his alone. Personally, I don't see any need for him to do so, nor would I think any less of his career if he didn't. If he went on to fight for 10 more years, and won every fight he was in the way he has been doing, I am perfectly happy with that.

If your favorite football team won every single game in a season, but by only 1 point, does that take away from them having a stellar record? And if they achieved such a level, should they maybe try basketball because they've cleaned out the NFL?

Slippin
05-04-2011, 11:59 PM
GSP vs Silva will be next

mmawolverine
05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
gsp should NOT retire, he is the bret hart of mma, he is a mixed martial arts artist, takes little damage and defeats his opponents soundly without ending their careers or brain functions, to win he outclasses without bloodthirst, he has many fights left in him and eventually a younger generation will challenge him until then let him reign supreme he is not hurting mma being the way he is.

mattsop
05-05-2011, 02:37 AM
I don't understand this strong desire to see all of these cross-weight superfights. Everyone talks about Fedor's legacy, and many of his fans brag about how no one will ever beat it. But, correct me if I'm wrong, Fedor never dropped weight to fight any of the champs at light heavyweight or middle weight.

I'd rather be around when we have a champ hold the title for almost 10 years. Him and Silva should both stay at their own weight class, continue to improve, and keep clearing out their divisions as new challengers come.

The most ridiculous to me was when Jon Jones won the title and everyone started talking about him having a superfight with Silva. Really?! He hasn't even defended the title and he's already finished with his division? He's a great fighter, one of my favorites and I do see him keeping the title for a while, but can't we be happy with that?

As for GSP being boring...I agree he isn't the most exciting fighter, but let's look past his jab and look at his game plans. He plays to each opponents' weaknesses, and even usually beats them at their strengths as well. So much pressure is put on him to win: from himself, his team, his sponsors, and his fans. If he went out and fought recklessly that could be the end of it. Bas said it good on twitter the other day:

They asked me if GSP lacked killer instinct. You have to understand, for "outside" people its maybe harder to understand, let me try.

For sure he plays it safe, this happens most of the time when something bad happened the last time he DIDN'T play it safe. For instance, did he had the killer instinct before he fought Matt Serra? Because if got reckless in that fight, it cost him his fight, from that moment on, you kind of make a decision as a fighter, do I wanna fight like that again? The answer will be NO. So then fighters start to fight more conservative. Now, if that particular fighter had a killer instinct before, it will most of the time come back after a couple of wins.

If you look at GSP's record, then you will see that he has 9 victories coming by way of decision. 6 of those were after he lost by KO to Matt Serra, 6 decisions, in 9 fights. One was a TKO over BJ (not a slug fest) and a KO to Serra by way of knee to the body, also, not a slug fest. One was an arm bar that he put on Matt Hughes.

In the 13 fights he had before he fought Matt Serra, he lost only one (Hughes, and he revenged that) so 12 wins. From those 12 wins only 3 went a decision, the rest were KO's and submissions. So the Matt Serra fight definitely had impact on him, then again, his competition started to get better as well.

There are different kind of fighters, take a guy like Chuck Liddell, he can't turn his killer instinct off, he simply can't, if he could at certain moments, I would still put my money on Chuck. But Chuck is not "wired" like that, he loves to go for the KO, and if that means that he can be KO'd in that process, so be it. And even after he lost 5 of his 6 last fights, and 4 of them by KO, Chuck didn't lose a single fan, why? Because people love fighters like him, finishers, guys who "look for the KO".

Other fighters fight more preserved, a counter fighter, they have a few offensive attacks, attacks they will learn before the fight and change each fight, but mostly fight on the mistakes that the opponent makes, capitalize on that mistake, and finish the opponent. GSP is a fighter like that.
If there comes an opportunity, he will take it and win a fight. But when he fights a guy who also fights reserved and is a counter fighter (50% of Shields wins are by decision) then you have a match that we saw last weekend, not an exciting one. If that fight comes after a night of super fights, and that's what happened, then it's even worse for the fans, because the "Bar" was set high! Ad to this, that he was fighting in his home town in front of 55,000 people, that will put a lot of pressure on him, pressure in a way that, whatever it takes, he doesn't want to lose in front of that audience!
Of course he had a problem as well with his eye, but i could see that he was already "off", BEFORE that happened, he was simply not feeling good in his skin, you could tell. Big sluggish right hand, and a back kick that was off, he had an "off night"! It's very easy to understand, only not for the fans, because they have been spoiled lately with great fights.

I KNOW that everybody was screaming at the TV when he kicked Shields in the head, "Follow it up!!!!!!!", that was what happened in our place. But all these factors that I just mentioned were in place, so he didn't follow up.

That's why people are talking about Nick Diaz against GSP, because Nick will bring it, that's for sure, so GSP will have more moments where his opponent makes mistakes, and if he uses those moments, then we could have a great fight. Other people will say that he will fight even more reserved because then he will be worried that when he moves, he's gonna get caught.

Whatever happens, GSP will have even more pressure on him the next time he fights because now people want to see him "stopping his opponent", and that pressure is not gonna work in favor for George.
So, if everybody could chill a little bit, and stay of the message boards with "advice for GSP" coming from fans, who many of them, not even train, I say, give the guy some love, I am sure that will ALWAYS be better, then what happens right now. And don't worry, he knows exactly what happened and went wrong.

Also understand that he fights the very top people in the world!

Godspeed and party on!

Bas Bas' Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/BasRuttenMMA)

Sorry for the long post.

Xanatos
05-05-2011, 02:56 AM
I don't get it. Every amazing champion loses at some point. Matt Hughes was unbeatable until St. Pierre came along. And who wanted to see matt rematch against Trigg, or Penn anyways? he should have just retired.

And if you didn't think GSP's fight against Fitch was exciting then gtfo

The Sword
05-05-2011, 03:58 AM

Since when as GSP had a lackluster performance???? look im not the biggest GSP fan but what he dose in the cage is Genius. Yes his fights are not "fight of the night" but look at the way he fights. I know people were saying he looks better in the KOS fight, and I agree, but in the KOS fight he was not fighting with one eye.

Uvall
05-05-2011, 04:06 AM

If this is the case then why not rag on Anderson Silva, for not moving up and fighting Light Heavyweights? Why should it be ok that Silva fights someone smaller than him when he could move on up an have, "newer and bigger challenges.", as you said about G.S.P.?

I think he should do what's best for him in his own mind. If he wants to stay and dominate the WW division for as long as he can, I see no problem with it. I also think, however, that if he keeps staying so 'safe' he may actually put himself in a hole before long and end up being beat. Which may be something he needs to get that killer instinct back or that fire lit under his ass.

Just to clarify, by putting himself in a hole I mean he may end up losing his edge by fighting safe for too long. Putting himself in a position as to when the time comes in a fight where he needs to pull out of that 'safe' mode just to win, he just might not be able to rise up and get away from it as easily as he once could. Which could quite possibly cost him the fight. This is all of course just stipulation, but it's something I could see happening in the future if he keeps going in the same ways he has of late.

Pasha K
05-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Its still too early for him to retire. He has about 3-5 more years ahead of him. Maybe even more.

Yes he has cleaned the WW division but he still needs to beat Nick Diaz.
I dont think we will see GSP vs Anderson, its more than obvious that GSP does not want that fight.

He has to wait and see, if someone interesting appears in the WW division then fight him, if not maybe he can try luck in the MW division, but he wont be fighting Anderson.

cnlclink
05-05-2011, 04:49 AM

Clearly Jimmie Johnson should retire too because he's won the Sprint Cup 5 years in a row and has nothing left to prove right. Come on man...

Don't order the PPV's, I doubt he cares, it's your loss, you'll be missing out on some stellar fights.

dimerules28
05-05-2011, 06:55 AM
this might just be your opinion, but your opinion fuckin sux. Retire? really? you actually posted this. What the hell were you thinking?

end it with a left
05-05-2011, 07:59 AM
GSP trains full time and stays in killer shape, takes little damage and has a personal chef to cook to keep him on diet he could be potentially fighting at 47 like Couture just did. Thats potentially 18 years of kicking ass left. Not saying at all thats going to happen I'm just saying its possible. So for him to retire is retarded. Top of food chain making fist fulls of cash on sponsorships which you get to perform he should retire at 30 and just live humbly. In ten years he could possibly be making the type of money big boxers make upwards of 36 mil a fight why ditch out when its just trying to get big. Did you also sell your Apple shares right before the I-pod came out as well?

K1NG P3NN
05-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Ok, there is really nothing wrong with this post. Everyone has their own opinion, but damn GSP's nuts must be gettin heavy with ALL of you people on them. I mean, DAMN. The guy states his opinion and gets ripped for it? I'll be the first to say that I don't care six shits from sunday what GSP does because I have him in the mix for least favorite fighters EVER, but regardless I don't think he should retire. Yeah, I think his fights are ungodly boring, but I also acknowledge the fact that he can beat anyone at 170. But to say that his performances weren't lackluster at some points...REALLY? The number one WW in the world couldn't sub Dan Hardy after laying on him the whole fight? Can't finish a sandwich but yet nobody is allowed to talk about the goldenboy of mma all of a sudden? I think he has some real stiff competition coming up so he should stay around, and I get that he loves getting 10s on scorecards but alot of fighters are fighting to win, not fighting to not lose. And let the hate on my post begin... haha

YukonJordan
05-05-2011, 10:59 AM
hasnt anderson volunteered to drop to 170 to fight GSP? rousimar palhares is a good 185'er and he's 5'8 or 5'9 . Jeff monson is a good heavyweight and he's 5'9. what about pat barry being a good HW and only being 5'11

Anderson technically did and then put on the worst showing by a champion in the UFC ever when he fought Maia. Since then Anderson has repeatedly said he would do a catchweight fight instead trying to bait GSP into moving up to 185.

And I feel the need to correct your original post. You said that GSP hasn't been up for the superfight at 185 since Silva front kicked Belfort, obviously trying to imply that somehow that fight scared GSP away. The reality is that GSP has continuously expressed a reservation of fighting Silva at 185 at this time due to a number of factors.

Back to sherdog with you troll.

Sick_Lunatic
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes, he should move up or retire because nobody can touch him and there will never be another contender EVER for the WW title (*sarcasm*)

http://www.discobelle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/haterade.gif
Keep Drinkin.

This is the most retarded FAIL of a thread I've ever seen. Get outta here Shertard

A good troll attempt though

Kimbo> Rampage
05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
No way he should retire. He still has some of his best years left.

agree that there isnt much for him at ww but if he doesnt go up it will most likely be because of his own preference.

gsp01
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
this thread is crazy. There is still so much talent for GSP to fight in the WW division and yet you would like to see him retire? Yes his fight with Shields was a bit boring, but Jake Shields is a hell of a fighter. Think about all the people that Shields has beat in the past, and then think about how he couldn't get anything going against Georges. and you say all he does is jab and the occasional take down, but what about the couple times he dropped shields in that fight? i'm pretty sure that one of them was with a head kick. And not to mention Georges didn't really start utilizing the jab as much until the KOS fight.

Luc1an
05-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Just plain wrong on so many levels, ya his last few fights havent been the most exciting fights ive ever seen... .but retire??? u for real? get a clue =(

0mega1
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Ok, there is really nothing wrong with this post. Everyone has their own opinion, but damn GSP's nuts must be gettin heavy with ALL of you people on them. I mean, DAMN. The guy states his opinion and gets ripped for it? I'll be the first to say that I don't care six shits from sunday what GSP does because I have him in the mix for least favorite fighters EVER, but regardless I don't think he should retire. Yeah, I think his fights are ungodly boring, but I also acknowledge the fact that he can beat anyone at 170. But to say that his performances weren't lackluster at some points...REALLY? The number one WW in the world couldn't sub Dan Hardy after laying on him the whole fight? Can't finish a sandwich but yet nobody is allowed to talk about the goldenboy of mma all of a sudden? I think he has some real stiff competition coming up so he should stay around, and I get that he loves getting 10s on scorecards but alot of fighters are fighting to win, not fighting to not lose. And let the hate on my post begin... haha

People deserve to get ripped for asinine statements/opinions such as the retirement statement. If he would have just came in here and said he needs to move up and challenge himself or he just flat out doesnt like GSP's conservative fighting style, then he probably wouldnt have gotten ripped on like he did. A lot of people feel the same way, but not about retiring thats just retarded. I for one was upset that GSP didnt even attempt GnP Shields when dropped him or took him down, for me i wanted to see GSP test his ground skills or just see if Shields was as good as everyone was making him out to be (the Kampmann fight showed me different about his ground game). But i understand why he didnt want to do that and take the risk, for me personally I would have loved to see it. Just for the record... if you say stupid shit even if its your opinion, expect some backlash.

m1ckeykn0x
05-05-2011, 06:22 PM
:lmfao:

Retire?!

This thread is right where it needs to be.

noahm
05-05-2011, 06:24 PM
The difference between Anderson and GSP as far as 'lackluster' goes is that Anderson intentionally avoids engaging his opponent in some fights. GSP has alway brought the game straight to his opponent often where they are strongest. He does not avoid anything. I am not a huge GSP fan, but the guy just dominates.

He will lose someday, but should not have to go outside his body's comfortable fighting weight just to make some bloodlust driven fans happy. There will be a WW that comes in and storms the division. Just be patient and have a little respect for the fighters. Do you really think it would be legit to have Fitch as the WW champ??