PDA

View Full Version : Faber: The UFC tried to force Nick Diaz onto BlindDate

Cat--Smasher
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Faber: The UFC tried to force Nick Diaz onto BlindDate

According to his sometimes training partner Urijah Faber, back in 2006 the UFC were trying to push him onto Blind Date along with several other fighters, including Tim Sylvia, but Diaz refused to take part. Faber thinks that might be the root of the love/hate relationship he and Dana White have had since.

“I remember Diaz telling me years ago how they punished him for not going on that dating show they were having a couple of fighters go on. They would go on this dating show, [the UFC] wanted him on there for publicity. Nick had a girlfriend at the time and he wouldn’t do it,” Faber told ESPN Radio.

“They put him and I think Karo on the undercard, somebody vs. Nick Diaz was on the undercard. He’s got a chip on his shoulder when it comes to those guys sometimes. They’re trying to help him and he’s trying to help himself… I wish the best for Nick, I think they’ll make it work out.”
Fighters Only Magazine - The World's Greatest MMA Magazine - News - Faber: They tried to force Nick Diaz onto Blind Date (http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6788)

Kimbo> Rampage
05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
lol, saw that interview earlier. Why would the ufc want fighters to go on blind date? I can understand wanting them to get more exposure for the ufc but that is just ridiculous.

yes faber would box with the best, but he would get killed.

xrjxarsonx
05-11-2011, 03:45 AM
lol, saw that interview earlier. Why would the ufc want fighters to go on blind date? I can understand wanting them to get more exposure for the ufc but that is just ridiculous.

yes faber would box with the best, but he would get killed.

i guess at the time it was all they could get. and seeing tim sylvia and his fluffy drinks is priceless.

but i can totally see dana getting pissed at nick for this and putting him on the undercard

GL Jeff
05-11-2011, 03:59 AM
I remember the Tim Sylvia one, the girl gave him shit for not drinking,lol. Little did she know,right? As for having Diaz on that show,lol, he wouldnt have said much and the girl would of either drank alot,or he would of flipped her and the camera guys off then left.

LefthookStcrook
05-11-2011, 04:16 AM
I remember the Tim Sylvia one, the girl gave him shit for not drinking,lol. Little did she know,right? As for having Diaz on that show,lol, he wouldnt have said much and the girl would of either drank alot,or he would of flipped her and the camera guys off then left.

I remember just flipping through the TV and being like "THATS THE UFC CHAMP!" haha he was the champ at the time right? lol brutal show and even brutal-er episode. lol basically she got pissed because he wasnt a big drunken man whore.

I could just picture the Diaz episode lol.

" you know? I dont know, yanno...yeah...where you from aga I TOLD YOU TO GET THAT FUCKING CAMERA OUTTA MY FACE!...anyways...I don't know........yanno?"

Cat--Smasher
05-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Ha ha give the man some credit. I am sure Diaz is a player.

IceCold48
05-11-2011, 04:38 AM
hahahahaha was dana thinking that seeing tim syliva and nick diaz on a dating show that would provoke anyone to buy a ppv, merchandise, or anything at all?

dana does stupid things hes overrated as a business man he didnt want TUF and he cut jon fitch for no reason. a lot of the successful business endeavors were done by the fertijtas

Kimbo> Rampage
05-11-2011, 07:11 AM
hahahahaha was dana thinking that seeing tim syliva and nick diaz on a dating show that would provoke anyone to buy a ppv, merchandise, or anything at all?

dana does stupid things hes overrated as a business man he didnt want TUF and he cut jon fitch for no reason. a lot of the successful business endeavors were done by the fertijtas

Ya, even with that horrible idea, sylvia and diaz werent the best guys for that show. That bitch sylvia was with wasnt even good enough for timmeh. They have an odd selectioining process on that show. It seemed that all see wanted was some guy to get drunk and fuck her.

" you know? I dont know, yanno...yeah...where you from aga I TOLD YOU TO GET THAT FUCKING CAMERA OUTTA MY FACE!...anyways...I don't know........yanno?"

:grinsmile1:

Sniggles
05-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Nick's gotta be more popular with the hood rats than Obie Trice.

Charlie Sheen
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Diaz taking his date around stockton would have been great tv

KevoOnTheRadio
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I remember just flipping through the TV and being like "THATS THE UFC CHAMP!" haha he was the champ at the time right? lol

It was actually a couple weeks after Mir broke his arm.

lwbrewer
05-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Nick would of drawen attention for sure. Now would it of been good exposer for the UFC thats the question and my bet would of been blip, blip, and finger flying if it even aired.