PDA

View Full Version : Dan Henderson Chronicles The Continuing Chuck Liddell/Tito Ortiz Beef

Sakara=Excitement
05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Dan Henderson Chronicles The Continuing Chuck Liddell/Tito Ortiz Beef - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/25/2190318/dan-henderson-chronicles-the-continuing-chuck-liddell-tito-ortiz-beef)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1318943/tito_ortiz_chuck_liddell_pi_large.jpg

It seems like Dan Henderson ended up with some extra TV time because Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz still don't get along. Henderson described an incident on twitter earlier today where he became the only guest to show up at this week's taping on Inside MMA because of a last-minute booking snafu. Here's what he had to say:

@danhendo said: Had dinner w/ @Jay_Glazer last night in LA & did Inside MMA this AM. Was the only guest so got lots of air time. Want to hear the drama?

@danhendo said: Ok. So they were scrambling for a last minute guest & a fill-in host. They booked Tito about 7pm last night, & then they booked Chuck later. One of Chuck's buddies was w/ me at dinner & I mentioned that I was gonna be on the show w/ Chuck & Tito. Word got back to Chuck & he was pissed cuz he didn't know Tito was gonna be on, so he cancelled. Sorry Inside MMA! Can't we all just get along?

Liddell and Ortiz have had a long-standing beef going back to the days where Tito was the UFC light heavyweight champion and made a laundry list of excuses about why he wouldn't give Liddell a title shot. Eventually Liddell did get a fight with Tito, but it was only after Ortiz dropped the belt to Randy Couture. Chuck went on to defeat Tito twice in the cage by TKO, with a third fight expected at UFC 115 after the two were picked as coaches for The Ultimate Fighter 11. Unfortunately, Ortiz had to leave the TUF house and withdraw from the fight due to injures. Chuck has since retired, but Hendo seems to think the door may not be shut on one more battle between the two:

@danhendo said: I think we might still see one more fight between @chuckliddell & @titoortiz. I'd like to see it. Anyone else?

Kimbo> Rampage
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM
The fight needs to happen because they arleady did a seson of TUF and tito got off easy. If he is going to continue to fight he should be forced to fight chuck.

Dan would take both of them out. Prime or not.

beau420
05-26-2011, 07:32 PM
The fight needs to happen because they arleady did a seson of TUF and tito got off easy. If he is going to continue to fight he should be forced to fight chuck.

Dan would take both of them out. Prime or not.

Chuck should never have fought Rich. He should have held out for Tito.

I still think Chuck could take him....but who knows.

I would still watch it....but if Tito loses this next fight, I could see him getting his walking papers. If Tito gets KOd, Dana will tell him he is retired.

0mega1
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I would actually be excited to watch that fight. I really wouldnt have to worry about chuck getting k.o.'d by Tito. Lets see chuck TKO/KO tito one more time.

The8thPlague
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Chuck shouldn't have to fight Tito at all again.
He beat him in 2 fights already & he pretty much beat him on TUF.
Chuck wins against Tito all the time, there's no reason for a 3rd fight.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-27-2011, 02:53 AM
Chuck should never have fought Rich. He should have held out for Tito.

I still think Chuck could take him....but who knows.

I would still watch it....but if Tito loses this next fight, I could see him getting his walking papers. If Tito gets KOd, Dana will tell him he is retired.

Yes even chuck in his current state could beat tito for sure. are you saying he would beat hendo?

pantomime horse
05-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Chuck was better than Tito and proved it twice. No 3rd fight is necessary.

Goremire
05-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Chuck wins against Tito all the time, there's no reason for a 3rd fight.

Sir, I respectfully disagree. There's one cast-iron, no-debate-warranted reason for them to fight one more time.

I'd get to see Chuck knock Tito silly again. I cannot conceive of a set of circumstances where I would not find that entertaining.

MetalHead75
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm, a huge fan of Chuck....but I do not want to see him fight anybody anymore. I have zero faith in Chuck's chin these days, and I fear that Tito could catch him and score a KO/TKO....then go on to say that the first two fights were flukes.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm, a huge fan of Chuck....but I do not want to see him fight anybody anymore. I have zero faith in Chuck's chin these days, and I fear that Tito could catch him and score a KO/TKO....then go on to say that the first two fights were flukes.

Not sure about that. It wasnt by accident that chuck got ko'd. Look at the guys he got ko'd by rampage, shogun, rashad, and rich. All have shown to have good standup and ko power. Tito shows neither and will simply stand in the pocket and absorb punishment while rarely throwning his own shots, he has never been known for power, accuracy or speed. Add to the fact that chuck's tdd is still good and tito's takedowns arent getting any better. It would be foolish to think that tito would ko chuck or even beat him. If he wanted to fight somebody like machida or cc, i could see how someone wouldnt want him to fight them.

MetalHead75
05-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Your right, it wasn't by accident...it was due to him having a weak chin. No way Liddell in his prime would have crumbled against a half cocked counter punch like Franklin threw to end his night. And Franklin didn't just drop him...he put him to sleep. No way you can completely contribute that to Rich's KO power and not to Chuck's weakened chin.

Besides, I don't even know if I agree with you about Rich showing good KO power. Aside from the recent Liddell fight, and the Quarry KO six years ago...when else has Rich shown good KO power?

Death Beast
05-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd hate to see this fight just because Chuck really could get caught by some random wild hook and just go to sleep and we'd NEVER hear Tito shut up about it.

Kimbo> Rampage
05-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Your right, it wasn't by accident...it was due to him having a weak chin. No way Liddell in his prime would have crumbled against a half cocked counter punch like Franklin threw to end his night. And Franklin didn't just drop him...he put him to sleep. No way you can completely contribute that to Rich's KO power and not to Chuck's weakened chin.

Besides, I don't even know if I agree with you about Rich showing good KO power. Aside from the recent Liddell fight, and the Quarry KO six years ago...when else has Rich shown good KO power?

Rich has always shown good standup, he is a threat to just about anyone. He never had HUGE ko power and a prime chuck would have probably beat him and been able to take that. But the fact is that chuck walked into that punch with no chin protection any plan of avoiding rich's punch. he has always fought like that. His striking skill has always been highly overrated.

LefthookStcrook
05-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Aw man I thought Hendo was going to dish out some gossip from the old Team Quest days lol. Thats where all the beef originally started, Hendo probably knows alot.

I do think we should have saw it after TUF, as mentioned Chuck should have just held out for Tito. Now we pretty much wasted all the hype of a whole season of TUF.

But as of right now? No. Im a huge huge Chuck fan, hes my #1 favourite fighter and I have no ambition to see him in the cage again, even if its to see Tito get smacked around again. Its too late now imo.