PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn vs Rick Story slated for UFC 135(RUMOR)

IceCold48
05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
mma news and views just posted this on twitter that penn vs story is rumored to take place at 135.

the reason im posting this is to see which fight you would rather see shields/penn or story/penn and how you think they would turn out.

imo both are awesome! id love to see both fights i cant decide which is better.

Sakara=Excitement
05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Link?

Pasha K
05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
I think BJ would have nothing to win in this fight.

MMA4EVERRR
05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
I think BJ would have nothing to win in this fight.

Agreed...Story is an up an comer...his win over Alves is being exaggerated. This fight could end up like Penn/Edgar, where Penn doesnt take Story seriously, comes into the fight unmotivated and we see same bs outcome.

Penn/Shields is just a lot more interesting.

LefthookStcrook
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Link?

What I was thinking.

And who is "MMA news and views?"(Im sorry if this is a really stupid question) I know people have different usernames on Twitter and whatnot but I cant imagine its DW,Joe Silva,Penn,Story or whoever with a name like that.

This is huge news if true.

the reason im posting this is to see which fight you would rather see shields/penn or story/penn and how you think they would turn out.

If I had it my way, the fight Id rather see is Penn/Shields myself, its two legit top10 fighters and a interesting matchup to me.

But I also feel like Fitch/Penn have unfinished business and they should fight eachother next.....So maybe Shields/Story? No one wants to see Shields/GSP 2 right away, hes 1 arguabley 2 fights away from a title shot, Storys around 1 or 2 wins away as well.

Im sure I wouldnt complain while watching Story/Penn though. Its deffinetly an interesting fight. TBH Storys agression and athletism are awsome, but his TDs didnt look that good on Saturday, imo.

Anyone know how many times he actually took Alves down? I dont think he could take Penn down, but the same type of gameplan he used against Alves might work.

This fight could end up like Penn/Edgar, where Penn doesnt take Story seriously, comes into the fight unmotivated and we see same bs outcome.

I know, I hate seeing the same BS outcome...twice.

IceCold48
05-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Link?

there is no link i saw it on facebook from a fan page thats why i posted it in noob jack. i just made the thread about if shields or story is a better opponent.

EDIT: i thought i put that in the original post but just realized i didnt my bad.

Kimbo> Rampage
06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Bj would beat story. He isnt the muay thai fighter that alves is, but his boxing is much better imo. He would also be more aggressive off his back and is also very hard to take down. We forget how bj is on the ground, but im not sure story would be able to neutralize bj like gsp, fitch, or shields could.