PDA

View Full Version : All TUF 13 finale pre-lims streaming on Facebook

Chute_Boxe44
06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey guys

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested. All the pre-lims for he TUF finale will be streaming live on Facebook starting at 6pm Eastern time!

Got to admit, that being able to see entire cards now is so awesome. It makes even the most insignificant cards more meaningful!

LefthookStcrook
06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Fucking right!, I checked MMAweekly earlier and they usually tell yeah if theres going to be Facebook fights or not and I didnt see it, was kinda bummed about it.

This is good though, now I just gotta call my GF and get her password n shit lol.

Got to admit, that being able to see entire cards now is so awesome. It makes even the most insignificant cards more meaningful!

Eventho I hate cramming around the computer, and hate facebook in general, being able to see all the fights for the last couple cards has been awsome to say the least.

Zuffa doesnt have to do that, and they could charge you something stupid like 5$ to watch them and people would probably pay. My old man always use to say that he would pay an extra 10$ for a PPV if it was guarenteed to show all the fights, and hes as casual a fan as they come.

My point is I agree lol, seeing all the fights on a card, for free, has been super sweet and I hope they keep it up.

(Gotta spread some rep around first dude)

beau420
06-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Fucking right!, I checked MMAweekly earlier and they usually tell yeah if theres going to be Facebook fights or not and I didnt see it, was kinda bummed about it.

This is good though, now I just gotta call my GF and get her password n shit lol.

Eventho I hate cramming around the computer, and hate facebook in general, being able to see all the fights for the last couple cards has been awsome to say the least.

Zuffa doesnt have to do that, and they could charge you something stupid like 5$ to watch them and people would probably pay. My old man always use to say that he would pay an extra 10$ for a PPV if it was guarenteed to show all the fights, and hes as casual a fan as they come.

My point is I agree lol, seeing all the fights on a card, for free, has been super sweet and I hope they keep it up.

(Gotta spread some rep around first dude)

I'm pretty sure the UFC has said that they are doing the facebook thing for every event in the near future until further notice.

This is the 9th straight event that UFC has broadcast on facebook.

With the UFC letting people watch the fights on facebook, they get a more realistic number of fans. Although you or your friend might not watch every time, they will login to facebook at some point and 'like' the UFC in order to watch a fight.

And the UFC can sell that number to potential advertisers. And it doesn't have to be an advertiser for the main event. They can and have had completely different advertisers for the facebook card. So, they can pay for the fight coverage online with an advertiser for facebook...so the thing that they initially 'did for the fans' they are now doing for themselves.

I think it is hear to stay. It helps make them more money and gets them moire viewers and gets them viewer numbers they can help to get more advertisers.