PDA

View Full Version : Demian Maia in JDS' corner

dgil
06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Did anyone else notice Maia in Dos Santos' corner? I'm a little confused about this, because Junior Dos Santos is a Blackhouse fighter and training partner of Anderson Silva, and Demian Maia and Anderson don't really like eachother, but Maia, NOT Silva, was in JDS' corner... Anyone have anymore insight on this?

Ramma
06-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Maia and JDS are friends. Seen them do interviews together, take pictures, etc. Never seen them train together, but they probably do.

I mean, Shogun and JDS trained together too. Anyway. I don't think JDS cares about the whole who you should/are supposed to be friends with thing.

JDS is probably one of the few from that ball of tension and friendships/backstabbing, who doesn't get involved in it and just trains with whoever he feels he can help/benefit from.

When you look at the key players in the Brazilian Camp Battles, JDS is not one of the guys at the front-line, getting involved in drama of some sort (i.e. Anderson, Wanderlei, Arona, etc).

EDIT: Just decided to look it up, they trained together. Here's a video of them talking about it with both of them:

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/junior-dos-santos-and-demian

Between training with JDS and Wanderlei, you can see why his striking looked so much better last night.

Pasha K
06-12-2011, 10:27 PM
The beef between Anderson and Maia is their own business, it does not mean that now any Blackhouse fighter should dislike Maia.

Xtremo
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Kinda related, but I kept wondering throughout the Maia vs Munoz fight about both of their relationships with Black House...Maia is buddys with Dos Santos and Munoz obviously helps Black House with wrestling so...idk, not much of a point, just thought it was interesting...but I do wonder if they accidently ran into each other one day at some gym whether it was in LA or in Brazil...it would have been kinda weird...

trustkill
06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
I was pretty sure that was Maia walking behind JDS as he entered the arena. I knew they had trained together before this fight, and this pretty much confirms that they're bros.

Kimbo> Rampage
06-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Yes it is odd. Just like it was when letis joined blackhouse after losing to anderson. maia trains with jds and the nogs a lot, but so munoz and they just fought as well.

JPeezy
06-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I thought soap operas went off of daytime tv. Sheesh!

TBEAR
06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Most Blackhouse guy train with other people at some point.

Aldo, Lyoto and Munoz are the best examples. Most of thier training is NOT at Blackhouse.

JDS, Anderson,both have HUGE respect for the Nog brothers and if asked not to train with someone I think they would listen

TheKidInside
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
you mean after Maia WON his fight? yeah he was in JDS' corner :)