PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

LefthookStcrook
06-20-2011, 02:59 AM
What if the UFC let the fans choose the Fight of the Night?

Let the fans choose what fight they thought was best, the fighters they think deserve it.

Have them txt it like they do with picking the main event or something along those lines. "Txt A if you think JDS/Carwin should be fight of the night, Txt B if you think..."

Just a thought. It would give the fans a little more "Control", make them feel more part of the show.

Even if the fans picked a different fight that DW would have picked, DW and co would just give a undisclosed bonus to whoever they think deserves it anyways.

Win-win-win really.

Whats everyone else think?

IceCold48
06-20-2011, 03:08 AM
What if the UFC let the fans choose the Fight of the Night?

Let the fans choose what fight they thought was best, the fighters they think deserve it.

Have them txt it like they do with picking the main event or something along those lines. "Txt A if you think JDS/Carwin should be fight of the night, Txt B if you think..."

Just a thought. It would give the fans a little more "Control", make them feel more part of the show.

Even if the fans picked a different fight that DW would have picked, DW and co would just give a undisclosed bonus to whoever they think deserves it anyways.

Win-win-win really.

Whats everyone else think?

they did that at ufc 124 and the fans picked koscheck/gsp which wasnt the best fight of the night at all so dana said they arent doing it anymore.

most casual fans are just gonna vote for the guys they know and some dont even appreciate a good battle if they dont know they guys or theres no knockout.

rivethead
06-20-2011, 03:19 AM
...not to mention, dana likes control more than he likes fans.

rh

LefthookStcrook
06-20-2011, 03:36 AM
they did that at ufc 124 and the fans picked koscheck/gsp which wasnt the best fight of the night at all so dana said they arent doing it anymore.

most casual fans are just gonna vote for the guys they know and some dont even appreciate a good battle if they dont know they guys or theres no knockout.

Lol I ordered 124 at my house and for some reason didnt know any of that, thanks for answering.

Its a shame that it came to that really.

...not to mention, dana likes control more than he likes fans

I was just thinking he could give up a little bit of control to make a good number of fans happy.

He could always give two bonuses. One official fotn and one Fan picked. too bad it wont evet come to that.

I didnt know none of that 124 business though.

IceCold48
06-20-2011, 04:31 AM

rh

not really in this case. basically with the way they do it now you get an incentive for putting on a show instead of being popular. and a lot of the reason fighters are popular with casuals is marketing which is done by the ufc so in a sense they are being less controlling and not just rewarding the guys who sell.

Fear My Hammer Fist
06-20-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd love to be able to vote on matters like this, not just FOTH, but also KOoTN, SOTN, etc.

But like at UFC 124, the casual fan ruins it for us all by picking the more popular fighters. Most casuals that I know don't even watch the prelims :dry:

It's kind of how I feel about a Direct Democracy vs a Representative Democracy... sure I'd love to have a direct say in every decision made by my government, but the majority of the population can't be relied upon to make informed decisions. Would you want fans of Jersey Shore having direct input on your education system? Not me, brah, so representation it is.

Sniggles
06-21-2011, 02:46 AM

rh

...not to mention, RH is a little biased due to his intensely burning hatred of DW.

UFC 124 was a failed experiment. Having someone who actually knows what would actually be a good fight would be a judge - rather than idiots that boo the ground game voting is nothing but good.

TheKidInside
06-22-2011, 09:23 AM
i think i should decide...