PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Terry Etim?

IceCold48
06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
anyone know? i love watching him fight and he was on like a 4 or 5 fight win streak against dos anjos who he dominated and almost submitted in the first round before slipping up in the second.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL, it's funny because I thought about this last night and got to looking. It appears that he was supposed to fight JLau at 118 but busted a rib and had to pull out. Since then, my guess would be injury.

LefthookStcrook
06-22-2011, 05:09 AM
LOL, it's funny because I thought about this last night and got to looking. It appears that he was supposed to fight JLau at 118 but busted a rib and had to pull out. Since then, my guess would be injury.

Hes been out since 118? Damn that must be close to a year now. How the fuck do you bust a rib so bad?

The guy is still young and has potential, hopefully he can make a comeback.

If hes not rumoured to be on a card soon id be worried though. Itd be waay over a year if he doesnt get a fight by 140.

IceCold48
06-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Hes been out since 118? Damn that must be close to a year now. How the fuck do you bust a rib so bad?

The guy is still young and has potential, hopefully he can make a comeback.

If hes not rumoured to be on a card soon id be worried though. Itd be waay over a year if he doesnt get a fight by 140.

Hes been out since 112 actually.

LefthookStcrook
06-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Hes been out since 112 actually.

112 in Abu Dhabi? Thats was like in early 2010. So hes already been out for 16 months??? For a busted up rib?

Makes no sense to me. Ive had many injurys, broken/cracked and bruised ribs are among a few. I've never been out for more then 2-3 months when it comes to rib injuries. WTF did he do to it so bad?

Hes only what 25?-26? He shouldnt be out for 18+ months for a busted up rib, I wonder why it was so bad. Cant seem to find nothing about it.

Anyways I hope he gets back soon, the dude obviously has skills. Theres lots of good matchups for him at 155. Id like to see him throw down with Pellegrino or Dunham.

Spoon
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/Terry_Etim)

Some of his tweets make it sound like he's waiting on the UFC now:

@FightersEdgeUK Hey bro hows it going? No date yet, il let you know when i get one.
29 Apr

Good day @Kaobon back in at 7. Can't wait to get at date to fight!!!
1 Jun

Thanks for all the support guys!!! It's much appreciated, il let you all know when I get a date to fight.
1 Jun

brokenneverbeat
06-24-2011, 06:31 AM
I actually just read this today about him.

UFC Lightweight Terry Etim Ready to Fight After a Year Out of the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com (http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-lightweight-terry-etim-ready-to-fight-after-a-year-out-of-the-octagon)