PDA

View Full Version : British hope for the UFC?

GenuineBritishHope
06-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm a big Bisping fan. He's quite clearly the most talented LHW that was on the show.

Josh came out in the pre-fight interviews saying "I hate the guy, I hate where he's from, and I hate what he stands for."

Well where me and Bisping are from we hate fat, flabby tools who dye their hair stoopid colours, and come out swinging wild ugly punches with their eyes shut. I'm glad he got his face rearranged, and hopefully he'll just dissapear back to managing his strip club.

As for Bisping I think he has genuinely got something to offer the UFC. I thought the same of Lee Murray until he got stabbed and decided to help rob 40 million from Securitas!

But with Bisping, if he can spend 2 or 3 months a year across the pond training with some great teams, like Quest or the Miletich boys, I can really see him progressing.

I read that someone said he could challenge Chuck in a year. I think that is a bit too soon, cos if Chuck clips you (like Ross and Josh both did), you go to sleep. But i definitely think 2 or 3 years down the line we could see the belt round Michael's waist.

And finally, come on the MAINE-IAC!!! Legend.

killerinstinct
06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
who dye their hair stoopid colours,hopefully he'll just dissapear back to managing his strip club.

As for Bisping I think he has genuinely got something to offer the UFC. I thought the same of Lee Murray until he got stabbed and decided to help rob 40 million from Securitas!
Didn't the style of punk originate in England?I'm a big Lee Murray fan too.

ddoggma
06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Agreed. Also.He's well spoken. And went out of his way to say all the right things,after his fight.:grinsmile1: Right now Chuck would knock his ass out. But in the future, who knows?

duran
06-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm a big Bisping fan. He's quite clearly the most talented LHW that was on the show.

Josh came out in the pre-fight interviews saying "I hate the guy, I hate where he's from, and I hate what he stands for."

Well where me and Bisping are from we hate fat, flabby tools who dye their hair stoopid colours, and come out swinging wild ugly punches with their eyes shut. I'm glad he got his face rearranged, and hopefully he'll just dissapear back to managing his strip club.

But with Bisping, if he can spend 2 or 3 months a year across the pond training with some great teams, like Quest or the Miletich boys, I can really see him progressing.

I read that someone said he could challenge Chuck in a year. I think that is a bit too soon, cos if Chuck clips you (like Ross and Josh both did), you go to sleep. But i definitely think 2 or 3 years down the line we could see the belt round Michael's waist.

And finally, come on the MAINE-IAC!!! Legend.

Bisbing is an MMA marketing dream. He is going to make the UFC a lot of money, and do okay for himself as well. He was very likeable and the only mature guy on TUF season 3. He does needs some wrestling skills that he will be sure to get in the States, but he sure as hell is a 'goer'. On top of all of that, his girlfriend is very hot in a 'girl next door' kind of way. I think he will make a ton of money in endorsements, but a word of caution to his Brit fans. Most true sport fans understand the passion and national pride displayed by his countrymen, but it is sure to rub some Yanks the wrong way. Some can take that flag waving as over the top. The last thing, for Bisbing's wallet's sake, is for some overzealous British fan to try and make this a WWE-type England versus America thing. He (and Pointon) should ride the ' been adopted by Americans' emotion, as everyone I know like the way both of them act. Pointon has now lost 3 x's on TV and Americans will still pay to see him fight in the US because he is a no-nonsense character. My guess is that the UFC people see $$$ in both of them. I can see Bisbing's girlfriend serving him a Xyience country breakfast in the future in a commercial...

GenuineBritishHope
06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you say, but it really made me laugh when you said flag flying winds the yanks up. It was Haynes that started the whole "I hate where he's from" shit-talking, when he's probably never left his town let alone been to the UK. Thats probably why I was so happy he got dominated. But saying that, I more than anyone hope that when Bisping fights he fights for fightings sake.

I know some people will probably try to market it as some kind of English invasion (kinda like UFC Canada vs USA), but Im pretty sure Bisping just wants to succeed as a fighter first, and as a Brit second.

Me and everyone else over here know how far behind the States we are in MMA development, so it's pretty nice to find some genuine talent. And I totally agree wth you that if he just plays it cool and shows his appreciation to his new US fan base he could definitely make a lot of dollar.

duran
06-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes, agreed with how you felt about the Haynes trash talk about "I hate where he's from, I hate how he talks" crap. That was embarassing, win or lose. I thought he had more respect than that. I'd like to think, at least I would hope, that he did it for the cameras and really does not feel that way. In any event, the better man won and UFC wins. Bisbing got to showcase great skill, moving from one move/technique to the other (chain fighting, if you will) with ease, and Haynes showed grit and didn't tap out. That is EXACTLY what the UFC wanted in order to keep both guys marketable. They were hoping that Biz would win, as he has a higher 'ceiling' than Haynes, if you know what I mean. they will both pack the house at future events.

The USA vs. Canada thing was laughable, as there is no rivalry at all between the countries. I submit that GSP and David Loiseau are more popular and well known in the States than Canada. This is spite of the 'let's hate the French" thing. GSP and Loiseau were terrified that this country versus country thing would hurt their image in the US. It did not, as these guys, in addition to being very good fighters, act like professionals and it comes across as sincere, much like Bisbing.

BTW, one of my favorite parts of the entire season was the interaction between Pointon and Bisbing after they found out they were fighting each other on the show. The breakfast scene, where Pointon, who is a little rough around the edges, is eating his cereal from a plastic container and not a bowl is a hoot. Then as the scene closes, you hear them say goodnight and then Biz says something to Ross like, "I'll most likely kill you in the morning." and it fades to black. The way he said it so matter of fact was absolutely hilarious.

I hope Biz gets to train in the States in the coming years. I'm telling you, this guy could be The Beatles if he keeps winning and plays his cards right.

duran
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey GenuineBritishHope: What other up and coming British fighters who could make it big should we be on the lookout for? Also, are they ground and pounders, BJJ guys, good strikers, etc.