PDA

View Full Version : No staredown before silva/leben?????

YukonJordan
07-03-2011, 05:07 PM
ok now that the misleading inflammatory thread title designed to get people to click is out of the way I'll get down to my real point which is just an illogical extrapolation of the title.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T THERE A STARE DOWN BEFORE THAT FIGHT?

Aren't they supposed do one for every fight? Taking that away from Wanderlei is like taking the right hand bomb away from Hendo, like taking knees away from Anderson, like taking... you get the point.

I rewatched the whole event and the only fight they did one for was the main event. Has it always been this way and I only noticed because I was really looking forward to Wanderlei staring through Leben's soul?

Some of the coolest moments from MMA past are in the staredowns.

YouTube - ‪memorable mma staredowns - volume one‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZjbyDB1a8)
YouTube - ‪memorable mma staredowns - volume two‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bbaS0o3jFY)

Come on Dana don't take those away from us (note - I always assume everything bad in MMA is Dana's fault so this may not be his decision but I'm still blaming him).

Spoon
07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Mostly they just do it for the main event. But during the card, that fight was called the co-main event, so it seems strange that they didn't have it. They also occasionally do it for other fights as well, like if it was a really hyped up grudge match or something.

JadedX
07-04-2011, 12:59 PM
lol, that made me chuckle out loud. Good points, though.

808, BABY! HAWAII!

Otomosix
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Someone needs to tell Wandy to change his entrance music if you want the full effects of a stare down. :grinsmile1:

thefirm0
07-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Someone needs to tell Wandy to change his entrance music if you want the full effects of a stare down. :grinsmile1:

he's got one of the top 3 entrances mandingo, behind fedor and akiyama.

Pasha K
07-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, his music entrance is great. Some people may think that it sounds gay but I prefer to listen that kind of music rather than the overused heavy metal that almost all the UFC fighters use.

For me the best music entrances are the ones used by Fedor, Wand, Akiyama, Shogun, BJ Penn, Minowaman and Sakuraba.

JustScrap
07-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Yeah Wands entrance music is definitely one of the best. I always enjoyed Chuck coming out to DMX.

Man, this threads all over the place. A no contest, stare downs then entrance music lol