PDA

View Full Version : Tito explains why he declined Evans fight: I have a life

Cat--Smasher
07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Tito explains why he declined Evans fight: I have a life

Not immediately known that was the fight was first offered to Tito Ortiz, who is coming off the comeback win of the year, a submission over Ryan Bader just ten days ago (and presumably followed by 10 days of celebration). Tito declined, and below tells why, via twitter.

I have a life and things to take care of. The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what I have been going through you all would understand. Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstoppable! Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again! #positive
Tito explains why he declined Evans fight: I have a life - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/337642/Tito-explains-why-he-declined-Evans-fight-I-have-a-life/)

CRisCO
07-13-2011, 11:04 AM
So "I just won I don't want to take a fight I will lose right now I want to win a few to secure my spot before I take another hard fight"

Sakara=Excitement
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
No you dont get to decide when a fighter fights. He has his reasons to not take the fight and 3 weeks is a short amount of time to be fighting at the highest level.

TN94z
07-13-2011, 04:16 PM
No you dont get to decide when a fighter fights. He has his reasons to not take the fight and 3 weeks is a short amount of time to be fighting at the highest level.

I agree. 3 weeks is especially short for a fighter that would likely be done after another loss.

Masscore
07-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Can Tito just get lent a bone for once? The guy finally wins against a Top 10 LHW after years of losing to guys at the top and people want him to step in on short notice to fight Evans. I mean come on let the guy enjoy his win for a little first.

0mega1
07-13-2011, 04:58 PM
actually i would love to see Tito fight Rashad, but I agree that its very short notice and he's still probably on a good high after subbing Bader. So I say let Tito have his time in the light.

SimpleJack
07-13-2011, 05:54 PM
The right choice for him right now.

Granted, he took little or no damage against Bader, but Rashad is a different animal when it comes to boxing. No reason for him to rush into a fight with a top 5 guy following his best performance in 5 years.

IceCold48
07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
i personally think tito has nothing to lose here and everything to gain. i dont understand him declining this fight at all.

EDIT: looks like tito had a change of heart

Kimbo> Rampage
07-14-2011, 12:43 AM
He did call out rashad after his fight, but 3 weeks isnt enough time to get ready for a top fighter. Glad he took the fight, he must have gotten compensated for it.

He did just get off a training camp so hopefully he still is in good shape from then. And he will need to train to defend takedowns just like he did in the bader fight. Rashad is smaller, but hits harder, is faster and more explosive. And has better mma technique all around.

YukonJordan
07-14-2011, 02:42 AM
So "I just won I don't want to take a fight I will lose right now I want to win a few to secure my spot before I take another hard fight"

You were saying? Sorry couldn't understand your message slagging Tito for not taking fight 3 weeks after he last competed because I was busy reading the news that Tito accepted the fight.