PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TUF Finale

mattsoper
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
What are your guys thoughts on the show.....how did all the fights go????....did the fights live up to the hype????....did we find a new MMA star????...was kendall and ed a candidate for fight of the year????....were you shocked with any of the outcomes???...the questions go on..just give your thoughts on the show

newwatcher
06-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Other than all the damn commercials I was pleased.This was a great show.All the fights they showed were great to watch.My only disappointment was the Groove getting the win.I was not impressed with Matt.I think it will be a rough road ahead for him.His striking was better but still not great.His ground control was ok but it was Jess.Let's see him agianst a little better comp.I know he is still new so he may improve.I think he believes his strength is all he really needs.JMO

I would have loved to have seen the S-dagger knockout.

ddoggma
06-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Good show, the fights they showed were good. Kendall vs Ed was a "good" fight. Kendall won the last two rounds/ Cause he didn't gass as much as Ed and had him locked up at the end. Had it gone one more minute, I think he would have had to tap or go night,night. I thought Bonner vs Griffith was more entertaining. Now, those two can throw down, and just seem harder then these guys.

Edgucator
06-27-2006, 03:23 AM
T-h-e p-a-c-i-n-g w-a-s j-u-s-t t-o-o d-a-r-n s-l-o-w. I nearly fell asleep between fights. Everyone I was rooting for won, didn't care about the main event and after it ended I was glad I didn't. Happy to see Matt fight but he didn't look to good. Partially I thought because he could only get help while interpeting hand signals from Tito. That was the one undercard fight I really wanted to see.

"All they need is a Don King figure." Now I really hope Blade: The Series fails. Miserablely.

Bran
06-27-2006, 11:51 AM
i loved the kendall/herman fight. the way they rolled in and out of submissions was just great and really exciting. and i was glad to see a definite winner in Mike Bisping. with the exception of diego sanchez every TUF fight has gone to decision and most of the outcomes were disputable, but bisping dominated the fight and finished it clean. i can't wait til he starts taking on the people in the LW division. him and griffin could be a huge fight that i would love to see. but there was definitely too many commercials and too many advertisement for blade and other shit. florian impressed me and jardine upset me. all in all good fights though

WorldsMostDangerousMan
06-27-2006, 05:21 PM
everything was good except for the constant commercial breaks and hype about the Blade series

mattsoper
06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
did you see the way wilson was taunting Jardine and the way jardine was getting pissed

Kendall Ed fight was really good but I was hoping a little bit of standing and trading for a bit...I don't know if anyone saw the diaz and karo fight...but this one kind of reminded me of it...with all the reversals

Bisping messed up joshes face...wow

I was really dissapointed and surprise witht he main event...i was really pulling for stout and thought he would do it...everyoen I was watching the fight with didnt know stout and I was praising him and telling everyone how great he was and how he was goign to beat florian jsut because I really liek him...after florian dominated I looked liek a tool....what's going to happen with stout now, I hope he doesn't drop out that quickly