PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight with little food

bboyphl
01-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Hi I'm 17 and I weigh about 143 pounds. I would like to gain weight but I don't have a lot of food because there are five people in my house and my family's not rich. I just want to know how I can gain weight which is not all fat in a healthy way?

Clint
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Hmmm this is a tricky one because gaining weight requires an excess of calories in the end. So you are going to need extra food or supplements but you can find some cheap ones. Optimum Nutrition has a good protein for the price or for foods buy tuna fish, sweet potatoes, and milk.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Chicken, brown rice, and peanuts(also peanut butter) is also cheap and offers a great way to gain weight.

Clint
01-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I forgot to mention oatmeal as well. Quaker whole oats are like 2 or 3 dollars for a big jug of them.

bboyphl
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Interesting. I can get all of that. Thank you.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Interesting. I can get all of that. Thank you.

You bet! We are here to assist and support! :) :) :)

DeVanteSwing
01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I use 'Meal Replacement Shakes' twice a day...only 3g of fat and it provides 42g protein, 300 cal, and lots of good vitamins and nutrients per serving... it works out to be around $2CDN per pack

there's also canned tuna, potatoes, eggs/egg whites

bboyphl
01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
How much is the Meal Replacement Shake?

Alwaysbelieve1
01-05-2007, 11:20 PM
How much is the Meal Replacement Shake?

It depends since there are literally hundreds of brands and types to choose from. I use Muscle Milk and think it to be fantastic due to the high fat content and low carb. Also it has a ton of vitamins packed in as well. :) You will have tons of energy and see awesome results with a product such as MM.

I pay $18.65 per unit when I buy a 4 pack on www.fitrx.com. If you go to- let's say GNC- you will pay at least twice that for one.

For my low carb/fat needs(such as late at night) I use Pure Advantage's Whey protein. It tastes great and it has zero lactose as well. :)

I take about 4-5 shakes a day split between MM & Pure Advantage as I eat 6-7 small meals a day. Shakes simply make it much more efficient and easier to get the nutrients I need.

goatkommando
01-08-2007, 03:17 PM
for you I would recommend taking a simple weight gain shake 3 times daily, I would say for the money...ultimate nutrition's muscle juice 2544 is the best (most calories & cheapest cost, although it is very sweet...makes my stomach a lil upset, so I mix it 50/50 with a different less sweet shake mix with roughly the same protein & calorie mix), its about $30 for a 2 week supply :)

dudefella
01-20-2007, 12:38 PM
for you I would recommend taking a simple weight gain shake 3 times daily, I would say for the money...ultimate nutrition's muscle juice 2544 is the best (most calories & cheapest cost, although it is very sweet...makes my stomach a lil upset, so I mix it 50/50 with a different less sweet shake mix with roughly the same protein & calorie mix), its about $30 for a 2 week supply :)
I use muscle juice 2544 as well. I usually mix it in with my regular protein shake for one monstrous, disgusting shake. Well... it's not that bad. I take solace in the fact that there's lots of calories, protein and other good stuff in it. It may seem pricey buying a tub of the stuff, but considering the amount of calories/protein/EAA you get from a serving, it's actually cheaper than the food equivalent.

supermark21
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
keep your calories steady ang get them from the right sources