PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen Still Tweeting Smack

Cat--Smasher
07-23-2011, 07:33 PM
chael sonnen

Mike Pierce is going to give Johnny Hendricks the type of beating that will make Wanderli's last fight seem like a long drawn out war...
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/sonnench)

Pasha K
07-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Cool story Chael!

Kimbo> Rampage
07-24-2011, 04:19 AM
when will everything that spews from his mouth not get attention?

He needs to stfu. Im sure he'll decision stann, but id become stann's #1 fan if he Ko's chael and makes him look like a clown.

IceCold48
07-24-2011, 06:34 AM
its not really smack its just a prediction of an undercard fight on one of the worst cards in recent memory.

not newsworthy at all.

m1ckeykn0x
07-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Cool.

I want to know when Chael is taking a shit and what hand he wipes with next time and how many pieces of toilet paper he is using so I can take notes.

I like the guy but damn...

Cat--Smasher
07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
its not really smack its just a prediction of an undercard fight on one of the worst cards in recent memory.

not newsworthy at all.

Id say it would be talking smack about Wandy.

IceCold48
07-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Id say it would be talking smack about Wandy.

it sounded to me he was just saying hendricks is gonna get knocked out very fast(which wont happen at all)

tig
07-25-2011, 07:47 PM
chael sonnen

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/sonnench)

No, not newsworthy, but funny as hell. But...Hendricks is one bad mo-fo.

Cat--Smasher
07-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Hendricks paying Sonnen's trashtalk no mind ahead of UFC 133 bout with Pierce

"Who is Chael Sonnen?" Hendricks asked MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com/radio)). "Sonnen is a guy who almost beat Anderson Silva. I'm not going to talk trash. I'm just going to state the facts. He almost beat somebody. He lost to a Brazilian. He can't sit here and say bad things about Brazilians when his loss was against one.

"I have no beef against him; we're not even in the same weightclass. Somebody Tweeted to me (and wrote), 'Dude, what did you do to piss off Chael Sonnen?' I don't know. Last time I met Chael was when he lost to Anderson, and he was nice as can be to me, and I was nice to him. For him to do that, that's just showing the character that he is."

If anything, it's just a needless distraction from what he really needs to focus on, which is Pierce. Hendricks is a sensitive guy, sure. As a wrestler, he almost got into fights at every meet. Guys would call him out from the stands, and he'd challenge them to meet him at the bottom of the stairs. They never showed, of course.

But that was another lifetime ago, and Hendricks is all grown up. He doesn't need the extra drama now. Twitter beefs are pointless.

"Does it faze me?" he asked. "No. It's coming from Chael Sonnen. If he said something nice, then I'd be like, 'What's going on?'

"The last two or three months, all I hear is Chael talking trash to everybody. And then everybody starts listening. He was a nice guy; he did everything right for the most part. He lost, and all these circumstances started happening, and then he comes back being a douchebag and saying all these bad things about people and people start listening to him."

Hendricks is obviously trying not to listen. Pierce is a tough opponent with a skillset that could present big problems when they meet in Philadelphia.

"He's a grinder," Hendricks said. "He's a guy that's going to be constantly going forward, and he's going to be throwing a couple of punches to get that takedown. That's his main focus in all the fights that I've seen him fight, and I've watched almost every one of his. He does have some TKOs, but the thing I've been working on the most is nullifying his wrestling, just because I know if I can do that, I can get my hand raised."

Is Pierce his toughest test to date? Hendricks says it isn't. But he obviously has no idea of what he'll encounter inside the cage. For all he knows, Sonnen could be speaking the gospel truth. At this point, he just has to get in there and find out.

"Sometimes I think the toughest opponent of my career ends up being the easiest fight so far, and the easiest fight ends up being the toughest" he said. "So I think it's just the mental preparedness to walk in there, however your mind is, that is going to be how you fight."

And fighting with a clear mind is priority No. 1 for Hendricks.
Hendricks paying Sonnen's trashtalk no mind ahead of UFC 133 bout with Pierce | MMAjunkie.com (http://mmajunkie.com/news/24598/hendricks-paying-sonnens-trashtalk-no-mind-ahead-of-ufc-133-bout-with-pierce.mma)