PDA

View Full Version : halifax murder suspect has checkered past

rabidsponge
07-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Halifax murder suspect has checkered past - Yahoo! News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/halifax-murder-suspect-checkered-past-202525225.html)

A man wanted for a Halifax-area killing is a mixed martial arts fighter with a checkered past, CBC News has learned.

Halifax Regional Police issued a warrant for 38-year-old Steven Skinner on Monday. Skinner remains at large, but has been charged with second-degree murder over the death of Stacey Adams.

Adams, 20, was found shot dead in front of a new home in a Lake Echo neighbourhood in April. The house was one of five on a dirt street and was rented at the time.

Skinner is a mixed martial arts fighter from Dartmouth who has fought professionally five times

is it just me or is this another attempt to cast a dark cloud over MMA?
he's no one of any relevance to the sport, as far as a i know, yet they open the article with stating hes a killer and a MMA fighter.

beau420
07-28-2011, 01:38 AM
The comments on the yahoo page are even worse.

The Return Of......
07-28-2011, 07:00 AM
i love free speech and freedom of the press but when i read stupid shit like that i makes me which they could put a gag order on bullshit reporting

yes, it appears they are spinning this against mma

LefthookStcrook
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah what does him fighting 5 times have to do with anything....He shot her on a deserted road.

If he played in some shitty hockey beer-league they wouldnt have mentioned that.

But because the guy fights, thats somehow relevant to him picking up a gun and shooting a woman..:confusedsmilie:?

likebutta
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I heard a man killed like 10 people before. Word has it he was a pizza delivery man. Pizza delivery men know where you live, leaving in question if the public is safe from notorious pizza delivery men. KEEP YOUR DOORS CLOSED, ask for delivery robots instead!!11!