PDA

View Full Version : Alright! Who farted?

Metalhead
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Odd topic here but does anybody have a gas problem? I find every night after 7pm I tend to be really farty. I can't even hide it because it's so loud and stinks like a mothercanucker. I dont' eat terribly either. There's room for improvement on that but I really dont' eat that badly.

What in my diet may be causing toxic evenings?

Protein shakes made me do it but I haven't had protein shakes or bars in a few months.

Seriously, the stench lingeres in my basement.

My dumps aren't nasty which is strange with this kind of gas. Please...help.

Clint
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Protein powders will do it every time. Do you drink much milk?

Metalhead
01-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Protein powders will do it every time. Do you drink much milk?

It may be milk, I have probably 3-4 glasses a day. But I've always drank milk and only recently have had this problem.

strife
01-04-2007, 08:25 PM
3-4?? wow...you may be a little lactose

Clint
01-04-2007, 08:25 PM
You can still develop an intolerance of something. Try switching to a lactose free milk or cut it out for a few days ansd see if that helps.

Metalhead
01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I drink one glass mid afternoon, one with dinner, and sometimes one in the evening. So 2-4 times. Plus, with protein shakes as I can't stand those with water, but as I said I haven't had one in a long time.

I'll try to reduce the milk consumption for a bit.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I drink one glass mid afternoon, one with dinner, and sometimes one in the evening. So 2-4 times. Plus, with protein shakes as I can't stand those with water, but as I said I haven't had one in a long time.

I'll try to reduce the milk consumption for a bit.

Increased fiber can also cause a lot of gas. I've also been having issues lately- probably the last month or so. I am getting pissed about it too. I eat consistently and never drink milk since I am lactose intolerant. I use Muscle Milk which is lactose free and have for years. I think it is my fiber which I recently increased.

Also certain fats such as flax seed and other nuts can cause excess gas as well.

By the way- great title for this thread. :)

Metalhead
01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I have been eating a lot of nuts lately. Alright, leave the gay comments to yourself.

Alwaysbelieve1
01-05-2007, 06:55 PM
I have been eating a lot of nuts lately. Alright, leave the gay comments to yourself.

Hey you said it- not us! :grinsmile26:

P.S. I do hope those little bruises get healed up on your chin for this weekend. LMAO!!!

Metalhead
01-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Is peanut butter possible for causing gas? I have peanut butter on toast almost every morning. Other than that I did cut out regular milk and I'm still gasey. FUCK!

Alwaysbelieve1
01-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Is peanut butter possible for causing gas? I have peanut butter on toast almost every morning. Other than that I did cut out regular milk and I'm still gasey. FUCK!

No need for the profanity, but yes the oils may play a role.

Noob
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry, no offense to Metalhead but I find this thread hilarious.

Metalhead
03-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, fart talk still makes me giggle even at the age of 23

Noob
03-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, fart talk still makes me giggle even at the age of 23

It's so sad, but me too. Me too.

strife
03-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Eat more fiber, shit more. Maybe?

Metalhead
03-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm nice and regular.

Warchief
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Avoid to much carbonated drinks, so you wont :ass: to much.

Metalhead
03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Avoid to much carbonated drinks, so you wont :ass: to much.
Never realized that caused bad gas. Thanks

12oz
04-15-2007, 09:38 PM
its great being farty then going to a bjj class..lol..i eat alot of protein/milk/wholemeal bread.my friend you must learn to cover up fart and move,fart and move..embrace the stench that is yours..lol

Noob
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
its great being farty then going to a bjj class..lol..i eat alot of protein/milk/wholemeal bread.my friend you must learn to cover up fart and move,fart and move..embrace the stench that is yours..lol

Lol, that's actually kind of funny. I do the same thing. There's nothing worse than having someone in guard a ripping an ungodly fart that lasts a good 2 seconds. Very awkward moment for both parties.

12oz
04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
north/south is my favourite.lol let it go,then while their choking,spin round and drop in an armbar..lol.thai classes are good aswell,you can employ the drop and move technique,then,with the right positioning, the women get the blame..lol..thai tonight,wheres the beans and broccoli??

ScottS
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I switched to soy milk a couple years ago and my gas went away. I had initially attributed it to whey, too.

Metalhead
05-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Conflicting news when it comes to soy so I'm tentative to use it as my milk.

Metalhead
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Alright so I've cut out pop, drink lactose free milk or even soy milk. And I still fart like theres no tomorrow. Is it the whey?

Warchief
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Alright so I've cut out pop, drink lactose free milk or even soy milk. And I still fart like theres no tomorrow. Is it the whey?If you are too sensitive in dairy products yes...so even a lactose free milk can still makes you. :ass:

Even in Whey...possibly.

leedogg900
08-26-2007, 04:48 AM
hmm i didnt realize lactose intolerant was so common. i used to drink like 5 huge glasses of milk a day with cookies. lol

He-Man
08-27-2007, 12:22 AM
When I was on a low fat diet my farts were constant and powerful.
I have now learned that was my body eating it's own fat, kinda cool imo.....

Tick
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Might sound like a weird observation but... I was taking Nexium (for heart burn and to help heal ulcers in the stomach, and things like that) and abotu a week into taking it I started farting CONSTATLY. All day, all night. Another week into it I started getting self conscious because I couldnt tell if they were 'wet' or not. I took that out of my diet and walaa, I fart like a normal human now!

Sooo, if you are taking any antacids lik NExium, Prilosec etc... That might be a cause.

pillow
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I had this problem, with all my protein.

I would suggest drinking more water. Like at least a gallon a day. I get the gallon jugs from Wal-Mart for 78 cents. The protein makes your shit all dense and sticky, so it kind of catches in your intestines and catches gas. So it's good to have enough water to flush it out.

At least it worked for me, it is quite possible that something else is at work here. Couldn't hurt to try.

Metalhead
08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I have no idea what's going on. I do drink buckets of water. Cut out a few things last week too, and it's still toxic.....FUCK.....it's tough getting head while holding in a massive stinky fart.

Tick
08-28-2007, 03:02 AM
I have no idea what's going on. I do drink buckets of water. Cut out a few things last week too, and it's still toxic.....FUCK.....it's tough getting head while holding in a massive stinky fart.

HAHA Just let it out man... If she is a dirty little whore she will appreciate it :grinsmile26:

What you might want to do is write down everything you intake for a few days. Then take one thing out a day that is common to your diet everyday. Or invest in some gas x

kokaine
12-30-2007, 07:14 AM
lmao

kokaine
12-30-2007, 07:14 AM
lol fucking protein shakes make me get my pepe le peuf (skunk) on ...

Alwaysbelieve1
12-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Either you might be having too much, not enough enzymes, and/or you're a bit lactose intolerant since Whey comes from dairy.

There's a lot you can do if you're the later. Use protein that's lactose free- there's a lot out there now as well as use the Lactaid enzyme right before taking the shake.