PDA

View Full Version : Jones vs lesnar

dmc_tim
08-06-2011, 11:57 PM
who wins at hw

Masscore
08-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Brock and its not even close. He takes Jones down and mauls him.

The_Icon
08-07-2011, 01:05 AM

I have to agree. Jones would have to put on a lot of weight to contend with Brocks size and strength. If Jones keeps it standing he wins the fight but I think Brock would take him down immediately and the rest of the fight would be Brock holding him down and hammer fisting.

m1ckeykn0x
08-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Jones by superman elbow KO off the cage. :D

the_dark_angel_4ever
08-07-2011, 02:41 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I see Jones only losing to a big strong wrestler that can take him down and control him. If Jones is held on his back his dynamic striking, speed, and reach are all neutralized

Kimbo> Rampage
08-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Jones will one day go to HW. If he pulls and Overeem and Adds a ton of Muscle you could like his chances against anyone. He will still have a huge reach advantage, and top notch wrestling.

Masscore
08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Jones will one day go to HW. If he pulls and Overeem and Adds a ton of Muscle you could like his chances against anyone. He will still have a huge reach advantage, and top notch wrestling.

At HW his reach advantage is not that big of a deal. Lesnar's reach is only 3 inches shorter then Jones. Plus he is a bigger, stronger and better wrestler then Jones. Lesnar would win this fight by TKO in the first or second every time at this point.

Jones needs to stay at LHW IMO. The monsters at HW would chew him up and spit him out. Cain, JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Barnett and even Mir would all put a beating on Jones.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
At HW his reach advantage is not that big of a deal. Lesnar's reach is only 3 inches shorter then Jones. Plus he is a bigger, stronger and better wrestler then Jones. Lesnar would win this fight by TKO in the first or second every time at this point.

Jones needs to stay at LHW IMO. The monsters at HW would chew him up and spit him out. Cain, JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Barnett and even Mir would all put a beating on Jones.

While I agree with you, at this point in time it is a horrible match-up. Jones is a master of using leverage and executing flawless technical greco throws and takedowns, but the strength disadvantage would be a huge huge difference and be a very tough fight for him. This was assuming he pulled an overeem as i mentioned.

How is 3 inches not a good reach advantage, it is a good advantage and would be foolish to think otherwise. If you watch some good boxing fights you will quickly see. Its not a huge reach advantage but Jones reach is being used against him. He has such a huge reach that if its not a 9 inch reach advantage people assume that it doesnt mean that much. A 9 inch reach advantage isnt a huge reach advantage its absolutely insane. Jones has a longer reach than struve.

Bigfoot would be very difficult as well, JDS and Cain would clearly be difficult. Barnett is hard to say. But I have no doubt that Jones is capable of taking Mir down.

Jones was a wrestling phenom in NY. He never went to college for some reason, but easily won 2 junior college titles the only 2 years he was there. If you see how effortlessly he throws around guys, experienced and better credentialed wrestlers you will see that he is something special.

Masscore
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
While I agree with you, at this point in time it is a horrible match-up. Jones is a master of using leverage and executing flawless technical greco throws and takedowns, but the strength disadvantage would be a huge huge difference and be a very tough fight for him. This was assuming he pulled an overeem as i mentioned.

How is 3 inches not a good reach advantage, it is a good advantage and would be foolish to think otherwise. If you watch some good boxing fights you will quickly see. Its not a huge reach advantage but Jones reach is being used against him. He has such a huge reach that if its not a 9 inch reach advantage people assume that it doesnt mean that much. A 9 inch reach advantage isnt a huge reach advantage its absolutely insane. Jones has a longer reach than struve.

Bigfoot would be very difficult as well, JDS and Cain would clearly be difficult. Barnett is hard to say. But I have no doubt that Jones is capable of taking Mir down.

Jones was a wrestling phenom in NY. He never went to college for some reason, but easily won 2 junior college titles the only 2 years he was there. If you see how effortlessly he throws around guys, experienced and better credentialed wrestlers you will see that he is something special.

I think he went to junior college because of his grades and was set to go to Iowa State but then his gf got pregnant so he decided to go make money in MMA.

Also what I meant by the reach advantage is that it will not be the same at HW that it is at LHW. He is use to almost having a 10 inch reach over most guys. With Lesnar that advantage is not as great and then at the same time you are dealing with a guy who is bigger, stronger and better then Jones' best aspect.

In a few years if Jones puts on weight the right way then maybe he could give guys like Cain and JDS a run. But I think he should stay at LHW where his body give him such an advantage over everyone down there.

TheDoucheyWun
08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
anyone know what Jones cuts to make 205? To me he looks as if being Cains size would be no problem for him, I bet he walks around well over 220.

TBEAR
08-11-2011, 11:23 PM

This ^^^^^

aussiemma
08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
look what cain did to brock... he is much smaller than him and destroyed him. jones could easily put on more muscle and be as big as velasquez or even bigger ! cain had never been taken down in the ufc before that fight aswell. jones has also never been taken down in the ufc. most of you people that are saying brock will destroy jones are not even giving reasons or saying its a strength, size or power advantage. jones has incredible take down defence and could definately beat up brock on the feet for sure !! jon jones is the most gifted mma fighter i have ever seen, and in time he will be one of the greats

Masscore
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
look what cain did to brock... he is much smaller than him and destroyed him. jones could easily put on more muscle and be as big as velasquez or even bigger ! cain had never been taken down in the ufc before that fight aswell. jones has also never been taken down in the ufc. most of you people that are saying brock will destroy jones are not even giving reasons or saying its a strength, size or power advantage. jones has incredible take down defence and could definately beat up brock on the feet for sure !! jon jones is the most gifted mma fighter i have ever seen, and in time he will be one of the greats

You are talking like Brock has no talent. Yes his striking is sub par but his takedowns and GnP are amazing. Also you forget that Brock is a better wrestler then Jones. Add in the fact he would be about 80 pounds heavier then Jones and it would be all she wrote. Brock via TKO in the first.

Also do not compare Jones to Cain. Cain is better at EVERYTHING then Jones. Better wrestler, striker, cardio, speed and power. Just because Cain mauled Brock does not mean Jones would when Cain is a better fighter.

aussiemma
08-21-2011, 08:06 AM
You are talking like Brock has no talent. Yes his striking is sub par but his takedowns and GnP are amazing. Also you forget that Brock is a better wrestler then Jones. Add in the fact he would be about 80 pounds heavier then Jones and it would be all she wrote. Brock via TKO in the first.

Also do not compare Jones to Cain. Cain is better at EVERYTHING then Jones. Better wrestler, striker, cardio, speed and power. Just because Cain mauled Brock does not mean Jones would when Cain is a better fighter.

can't even be bothered. why cant i compare jones to cain ??? we compare gsp and anderson, bj and gsp, anderson and jones. if jones moved to heavyweight and weighed in say 235 or 240, which he easily could ! then your saying brock would come in at around 320 right ?? you can't see how good jones is can you ?

Pasha K
08-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah and what if Jones begins to attack Lesnar?
We all know what is Lesnar's strategy when someone begins to attack him.

IceCold48
08-21-2011, 08:54 AM
jones wouldnt be able to handle brock's size and his striking isnt powerful enough to negate that like cain and carwin did. he also will have no way in hell at getting out from bottom the way cain did once jones goes down hell go out.

aussiemma
08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
jones wouldnt be able to handle brock's size and his striking isnt powerful enough to negate that like cain and carwin did. he also will have no way in hell at getting out from bottom the way cain did once jones goes down hell go out.

so your saying jones' stand up wouldn't do anything to affect brock ? jones is much faster than carwin and more technical. we've seen that brock absolutely hates to get punched in the face, anytime he has copped a shot to the face with decent power cain, carwin fights for example. although jones fights at 205, he fought great wrestlers like hamill and bader who are renowned for taking guys down and jones basically stuffed their takedowns with EASE and threw them around like rag dolls. i know about the weight and power deifference, but surley that has to count for something ?

MMAtt
08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
so your saying jones' stand up wouldn't do anything to affect brock ? jones is much faster than carwin and more technical. we've seen that brock absolutely hates to get punched in the face, anytime he has copped a shot to the face with decent power cain, carwin fights for example. although jones fights at 205, he fought great wrestlers like hamill and bader who are renowned for taking guys down and jones basically stuffed their takedowns with EASE and threw them around like rag dolls. i know about the weight and power deifference, but surley that has to count for something ?

I'm a fan of Hamills but he hasn't been taking people down at all, he gave up his wresting and decided he was gonna slug it out with everyone, and that pisses me off!
I don't think his wrestling style translates into MMA very well, he's just to slow to get in deep enough for a take down. Baders a good wrestler too but it seems like in mma its more important to be fast then strong, I don't think bones has dealt with a wrestler with the quickness, power or wrestling credentials of brock. I don't care who wins, these are my 2 most hated fighters and I just hope it ends in a brawl after the fight and they both get lifetime bans

I voted Brock

dbader08
08-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Brock via flying knee...

aussiemma
08-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm a fan of Hamills but he hasn't been taking people down at all, he gave up his wresting and decided he was gonna slug it out with everyone, and that pisses me off!
I don't think his wrestling style translates into MMA very well, he's just to slow to get in deep enough for a take down. Baders a good wrestler too but it seems like in mma its more important to be fast then strong, I don't think bones has dealt with a wrestler with the quickness, power or wrestling credentials of brock. I don't care who wins, these are my 2 most hated fighters and I just hope it ends in a brawl after the fight and they both get lifetime bans

I voted Brock

yeah i hope they get lifetime bans too, i hate watching lesnar and jones fight. they arent entertaining at all and have no skills.

Masscore
08-22-2011, 05:04 PM
can't even be bothered. why cant i compare jones to cain ??? we compare gsp and anderson, bj and gsp, anderson and jones. if jones moved to heavyweight and weighed in say 235 or 240, which he easily could ! then your saying brock would come in at around 320 right ?? you can't see how good jones is can you ?

I am not saying you can't compare them overall. But to think just because Cain mauled Brock means Jones can maul Brock is stupid.

I see how good Jones is but that is against LHW and guys who walk around at 220 max. We are talking about Brock freakin Lesnar here, the guy walks around at 280 easy if not heavier. At this point in their careers Jones would be mauled by Brock. Who knows if Jones puts on some weight and moves to HW what would happen. But if the fight happened tomorrow there is little doubt to the outcome. Lesnar's hand being raised and Jones going to the hospital.

aussiemma
08-22-2011, 05:45 PM
i simply disagree, guess we should leave it at that

Kimbo> Rampage
08-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Lesnar and Cain are clearly more credentialed but you are selling Jones short. He didnt go to college because of his grades and already decided what he was going to do. He went to junior college for 2 years and won the championship both years. He was a phenom in the NY wrestling scene. imo I could have easily seen him winning a national championship had he gone to college. He is just that good and talented.