PDA

View Full Version : Sonnen: It’s a ‘Criminal Act’ to Manufacture Conflict

Cat--Smasher
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Sonnen: It’s a ‘Criminal Act’ to Manufacture Conflict

"I don’t manufacture conflict,” Sonnen (Pictured) said on Bruce Buffer’s “It’s Time” show on the Sherdog Radio Network. “I don’t try to sell fights or talk trash or hype anything. I hear those things said about myself. I see people constantly attempt to imitate me, but that’s not what I’m doing. I don’t make anything up. If I don’t mean it, I won’t say it. Apparently in the fight business you’re allowed to say things that you don’t mean to sell fights, and I hate that concept. I can’t tell you how dishonest I find that.”

In particular, Sonnen cited Josh Koscheck’s apparent disdain for Georges St. Pierre leading up to their rematch in December 2010.

“I’ve known Josh Koscheck for 13 years,” Sonnen said. “He’s got my full support. He’s a friend of mine. If I had the ability, I would have fired him after the St. Pierre fight. Not because of the beyond atrocious performance he put on but [for] the fact that he built the fight up -- he hyped it and he grabbed the microphone and tells everybody, ‘Hey, I didn’t mean that.’ Somewhere in fighting that’s OK? That is a fraudulent criminal act, in my opinion.”

Sonnen compared it to a car salesman misleading a customer into a purchase, then revealing the lie after the purchase is made.

“You would be furious,” he said. “You’d march into the attorney general’s office. You’d have the guy’s license revoked. You’d probably get a refund. But somewhere in the fight world, it’s OK to make things up. I would never do that. Look, if I don’t mean it, I won’t say it.”

“I’m not going to manufacture a conflict against Brian Stann,” Sonnen said. “He’s a friend of mine. He’s a great guy. He’s a former world champion. He and I need to compete with each other. I’m the middleweight champion of the world and Dana White and I together have deemed him the number one contender for my championship. I will give him his opportunity on October 8. That’s it. Win or lose, we will shake hands and we will carry on life as men and as friends.”

Evidently Sonnen believes he defeated UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva when they fought last August. Sonnen was perhaps less than two minutes away from earning a decision, but then Silva submitted him with a triangle armbar.

“In what parallel scoring system do you punch a man 300 times, he hits you 11 times, wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner?” Sonnen said. “That doesn’t make you a winner. In no form of society, from the jungle to the streets, does that make you a winner. I’m the people’s champion. I’m the linear champion. I’m the best middleweight there’s ever been and I am the UFC’s true champion.”

Sonnen: It (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnen-Its-a-Criminal-Act-to-Manufacture-Conflict-34681)

goodtimes
08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Haha I love how he says how awful it is to make stuff up... Then he goes on to make up he's the world champ. In the street or the jungle getting caught in a submission doesn't make someone a winner Chael? If that fight was in the jungle you would be dead... Doesn't matter how many times you punched a guy if he strangles you.

JimmyMoore
08-11-2011, 08:28 PM
No, it's a "criminal act" to launder money.

“In what parallel scoring system do you punch a man 300 times, he hits you 11 times, wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner?” Sonnen said. “That doesn’t make you a winner. In no form of society, from the jungle to the streets, does that make you a winner. I’m the people’s champion. I’m the linear champion. I’m the best middleweight there’s ever been and I am the UFC’s true champion.”

Hey Chael, a scoring system isnt necessary when YOU voluntarily stop the fight. You tap, signaling to the appointed official that you want the fight to end, he stops the fight. Now, because you asked for the fight to end, you lose. Since you lost, you cant be champion. See how that works?

trustkill
08-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I listened to this interview yesterday and nearly pissed my pants laughing at some of the things he says. I'm not on board with Chael Sonnen bandwagon, but that interview helped me understand Chael a lot. He's a smart guy.

Trodden
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
what a joke and a jerk. Sonnen is calling Kos a criminal for recanting and showing humility after GSP handed him a broken face, and Chael can't even admit he was tapped out. Kos admitted to hyping the fight, and that he didn't really hate GSP, but Chael actually think he won the fight. I'm not sure what parallel scoring system he is talking about. One where you can win after tapping out. It seems obvious that someone was slipping LSD into his TRT

dj triple
08-11-2011, 10:47 PM
it's always bothered me that kos said he was just hyping the fight after gsp beat him.. i get that some fighters want to sell the fight but there is an ethical way to do it that doesn't evolve being fake... otherwise i might as well just watch wwe

Kimbo> Rampage
08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/forums/noob-jack-city/50510-sonnen-s-criminal-act-manufacture-conflict.html

I thought we agreed to noobjack all sonnen non relevant rant threads?

CRisCO
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Chael Sonnen is the man he's like charlie sheen with fighting ability.

rough-n-tumble
08-11-2011, 11:28 PM
punch a man 300 times
Punching a man 300 times and not causing damage should get you booted from the fight game. Punching a man 300x and then allowing him to easily wrap his legs around your neck should win you a red nose and big shoes gig.

it's always bothered me that kos said he was just hyping the fight after gsp beat him..
Made me dislike him even more.

Luc1an
08-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Chael Sonnen is the man he's like charlie sheen with fighting ability.

bahahahahah!!

TomRed
08-12-2011, 03:27 AM
No, it's a "criminal act" to launder money.

Awesome.

FCK
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Man, I don't understand what Dana White sees in Chael Sonnen.

The day he is released from the UFC (hopefully asaFUCKINGp) Dana might as well file for a law suit for slander and liable against Sonnen because he's a law suit waiting to happen.

How the fuck Chael isn't the most hated man on the own street he lives on, I just don't understand. He should have been shot a long long time ago.

How he can call the piece of shit Koschek a friend for 13 years, while saying all that shit about him in this interview bewilders me.

I hope one day in one of these interviews someone stands up and shouts the fucker down for being beaten in his championship fight like the little bitch he is. If I was Anderson Silva, I wouldn't accept a fight against Sonnen again, because from his attitude and demeanour he proves in every interview, he simply does not deserve the chance to fight for the belt. He is a disgusting man, tried, proven and reasserted by his own words.

We as MMA fans should really hold a petition to have Sonnen fired from the UFC. The more votes and signatures we get, the better we will shape MMA in future so we never get characters like Sonnen back again. It's the only way I think he can comprehend the fact that we hate him as man.

I don't for a second think it'll actually work to get him fired, but it'll provoke a reaction from Sonnen, sending the message we Love MMA, but we hate Sonnen for the "man" that he is.

CRisCO
08-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Dana cares about chael because he is able to beat Anderson Silva. And having a guy like that on payroll is valuable.

bingo
08-12-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/forums/noob-jack-city/50510-sonnen-s-criminal-act-manufacture-conflict.html

I thought we agreed to noobjack all sonnen non relevant rant threads?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! I was one of the few who said we shouldn't noobjack Sonnen posts or any other fighters for that matter, no matter how absurd. I don't care for the guy one way or the other, but he sure has a knack for making people read/listen to what he says.

Cat--Smasher
08-12-2011, 07:04 PM
LOL! I was thinking the same thing! I was one of the few who said we shouldn't noobjack Sonnen posts or any other fighters for that matter, no matter how absurd. I don't care for the guy one way or the other, but he sure has a knack for making people read/listen to what he says.

No doubt, I think the only fighter based thread which is garunteed to get more comments than Fedor is Chael. Look back at all the posts in here and they all have lots of responses.

Mac
08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Dana cares about chael because he is able to beat Anderson Silva. And having a guy like that on payroll is valuable.

Yeah, he got just as close as Travis Lutter did. He hasn't proven he can beat Anderson, he's only proven that he cracks under pressure.