PDA

View Full Version : John Howard dismayed by UFC's loyalty to Hardy

Cat--Smasher
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
John Howard dismayed by UFC's loyalty to Hardy - MMA News (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/344938/John-Howard-dismayed-by-UFCs-loyalty-to-Hardy/)

Ok i am not hating but the UFC keeps hardy but let's me go wtf is that.

KevoOnTheRadio
08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Always tryin to keep the black man down.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
I can see them giving Dan Hardy some leeway on account of the Rumble fight, whereby Hardy went into that fight focused on it being a stand-up brawl, with the hype billing it as a real slugfeast and then Rumble took the LNP route.

I can see ZUFFA being appreciative of fighters like Hardy and Lytle agreeing to "hang and bang" and really delivering the drama and entertainment for these free UFC cards to really draw in the casuals/mainstream fans.

I also believe that Hardy being one of the UFC's main UK draws as being another tenant to his saving grace.

dbader08
08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Howard really has a point, he only lost by doctors stoppage and decision. His loss against Brown was really close, also, closer than any of Hardy's losses have been.

0mega1
08-16-2011, 11:57 AM
:racist:

Cat--Smasher
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Howard really has a point, he only lost by doctors stoppage and decision. His loss against Brown was really close, also, closer than any of Hardy's losses have been.

Howard does not appeal to any special demographics the UFC can use to market him too, unlike Dan Hardy who gives the UFC an opening in England.

bega
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
My understanding is that Zuffa has decided to keep him because the way he lost.

But neither his style or being a draw in UK will be able to help him if he loses next one.

IceCold48
08-16-2011, 01:48 PM
look who hardy lost to and who howard lost to plus hardy does a lot fo PR stuff and is a big name.

also he is coming off a FOTN performance i think there is only one time in UFC history that a guy got cut after losing a fight of the night and thats jardine and i dont even know if he actually got cut i think his contract mightve been up.

PS: why is this noob jack?

LefthookStcrook
08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Im not even going to defend Hardy, because in all honestly I think he should be cut.

But all the reason posted are good indications as to why Hardy is still in the UFC. And Im not mad about it.

Who ever the UFC matches Hardy up with next will be a big tell on what they want to do with him imo. If Zuffa wants to give Hardy even the slightest fighting chance they'll give him someone like Damarques Johnson/Sadollah/Wilks etc, someone whose main game is to stand.

Problem is, and this goes back to why I think he should be cut, I dont think theres alot of WWs Hardy can beat. Time will tell.

dbader08
08-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Howard does not appeal to any special demographics the UFC can use to market him too, unlike Dan Hardy who gives the UFC an opening in England.

I know that, its still bullshit though, coming from a company thats suppost to be "the big leagues" and the place where "all the best fighters in the world are".

Sakara=Excitement
08-17-2011, 01:16 AM
John Howard Campaigning for Fight With Dan Hardy - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/16/2367263/john-howard-campaigning-for-fight-with-dan-hardy)

There are quite a few people that aren't overly impressed with the fact that Dan Hardy still has a job despite four straight losses in the UFC. One of them is John "Doomsday" Howard. Howard, who was recently released after three straight losses, is understandably a little peeved:

http://kwout.com/cutout/9/gh/vq/s2u_bor_w480.jpg

He spent the rest of the night retweeting every positive comment that came his way, then decided to post a Youtube video explaining the situation in detail. Basically, he wants to fight Dan Hardy in the UFC:

Howard vs hardy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rSxl-SiHs&feature=player_embedded)

The 28-year-old Howard (14-7) does have a point to a degree. Hardy is being kept around at least partially because Lorenzo Fertitta likes the way he fights. He's also popular in the UK, which counts for something. But Howard was released after losing to Jake Ellenberger, Thiago Alves, and very-late replacement Matt Brown. This was after winning four in a row in the promotion. I've never been a John Howard fan, and I realize that three of his four wins could have easily gone the other way. Howard hasn't been as exciting as Hardy, but he didn't even get the chance to lose four straight. Hardy should have to fight to keep his job, and he should be fighting guys in the same position as him. I think it's a bit "too little, too late" for Doomsday though.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-17-2011, 01:26 AM
I liked Howard when he first came to the UFC. He really didnt live up to his ability or the potential he showed. Losing to Ellenburger and Alves is says nothing bad about him, only that he isnt at the top of the division. But you just cant lose to somebody like Matt Brown and expect to stay around. It amounted to a 3 fight losing streak. If he had beaten brown he would still be in the UFC and those 2 losses would have just been lessons to him.

Im not against the Idea but I dont see the UFC doing it.

IceCold48
08-17-2011, 01:27 AM
repost! http://www.mmanews.com/forums/noob-jack-city/50617-john-howard-dismayed-ufcs-loyalty-hardy.html#post848734

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sakara=Excitement
08-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Okay a sentence was a re-post. Thanks though.

And I don't troll n00b-jack for my news.

IceCold48
08-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Okay a sentence was a re-post. Thanks though.

And I don't troll n00b-jack for my news.

take a joke jesus christ you completely took it out of context i just posted that becuase i knew cat smasher was going to thats why i wrote hahaha.

LefthookStcrook
08-17-2011, 05:22 AM
LOL @ But,But "but he didn't even get the chance to lose four straight.":sadsmile1:

If you cant beat Matt Brown, you shouldnt be in the UFC. Especially if Brown finishes off your 3 fight losing streak.

If hes good enough he'll be back, we've seen it before. And if hes not good enough he wont be back, we've seen that before too lol.

TBEAR
08-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Howard has is little pink panies in a wad.