PDA

View Full Version : My First UFC live event

The_Icon
08-19-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm going to my first Live event on Oct 1st this year. Its at the Verizon Center in DC which is a pretty big place. I have club seats which I've been told are pretty good for not being on the floor. I'm worried that the action in the Octagon is gonna be hard to see and was wondering if anyone else has been to a show in a big arena? If so what was it like?

Pasha K
08-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Well personally I have never been in a UFC event but I have read a lot of opinions and they are divided.

Some people say that it is an amazing experience, the ambiance is electrifying and that it is really great.

Some people say that it is hard to watch the action, so they were watching the big screen the whole time and that the ambiance is good but there are a lot of ignorant idiots screaming no sense. They said watch the event in TV is way better

Anyway I hope you have an awesome time!

xrjxarsonx
08-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Well personally I have never been in a UFC event but I have read a lot of opinions and they are divided.

Some people say that it is an amazing experience, the ambiance is electrifying and that it is really great.

Some people say that it is hard to watch the action, so they were watching the big screen the whole time and that the ambiance is good but there are a lot of ignorant idiots screaming no sense. They said watch the event in TV is way better

ive been to events in montreal and toronto, and pashak is pretty much on the money. it can be hard to follow everything, and i spent most of the time watching the screens. lots of morons yelling and fighting too.

BUT, i will go again in a second. the atmosphere is incomparable. you feel the air get sucked out of the building with every knockdown, and it feels like an earthquake when the place goes crazy.

last time i went i payed the $20 of the commentator radio thing, and it was great. not everyone is a fan of UFC commentating, but having one ear bud in to follow the fight and one out to talk with my buds was pretty much like watching the event at home with several thousand people over. loved it.

you will never sit as close to the action as when at watching on ppv, but you cant deny the energy of that many people erupting together is worth staying home. if its not your cup of tea dont go next time, but dont miss the chance to go at least once.

**EDIT**
dont worry about seats either honestly. like i said you will probably be watching the screens most of the time anyway. in montreal i was about 10 rows off the floor and in toronto i was literally the last row below the ceiling and i seriously couldn't tell you which one i liked more.

mma #1 fan
08-20-2011, 01:20 AM

i'm the idiot who ends up in a fight with the dumbass who wont quit yelling shit like kill em break his neck.
after about too hours of that bull shit i just can take it any more :confusedsmilie::confusedsmilie:

Pasha K
08-20-2011, 01:33 AM
i'm the idiot who ends up in a fight with the dumbass who wont quit yelling shit like kill em break his neck.
after about too hours of that bull shit i just can take it any more :confusedsmilie::confusedsmilie:

No, then you are just a normal person fighting the idiot that is screaming no sense

Sakara=Excitement
08-20-2011, 01:37 AM
My fiancee and I went to UFC 103 and we are going to UFC 136. When we went to UFC 103, are tickets were around $50-60 bucks a piece and we were in the middle level, higher up and could see everything. It was so much nicer than being on the floor not being able to see anything. So we actually enjoy being higher up because you can catch more of the action. Plus they should have at least 2 giant screens to watch the action as well. By the time the co-main event gets there, you wont be able to hear yourself talk and everyone will be standing. It gets nuts.

mma #1 fan
08-20-2011, 02:23 AM
No, then you are just a normal person fighting the idiot that is screaming no sense

thanks but at 36 to let stupid shit like that bug me is just silly

The_Icon
10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Just wanted to follow up on this post with a little recap. I went to the UFC on VS 6 at the Verizon center last night and had a blast. The atmosphere at the event was really cool. There were quite a few drunken douchebags yelling "hit him in the face!" and other dumbass remarks of that nature but there were also a good amount of respectful and knowledgeable MMA fans as well. Pat Barry powerbombing Struve made the place explode and the main event was really good too. After the fights my friend and I slipped down to the floor and got to meet Brandon Vera (who was in the crowd) and I also got to meet Dana White. Dana was extremely cool and talked to a lot of fans after the event was over.

here are a couple of pics (I took them with my phone so they aren't the best quality)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307829_227366350650130_100001302998656_600396_1500 16185_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299585_227366200650145_100001302998656_600395_6666 70156_n.jpg

Also Arianne got a bigger pop from the crowd then anyone else in the building...including Jon Jones

Xtremo
10-03-2011, 07:54 AM
here were quite a few drunken douchebags yelling "hit him in the face!" and other dumbass remarks of that nature but there were also a good amount of respectful and knowledgeable MMA fans as well.

I don't know if you know, but in the Josh Neer fight (?), there was an early point in the fight where he got a plum and the crowd screamed "knees!" "knees!" and Rogan pointed it out and said (along the lines of), "We got an educated crowd tonight".

I feel mma#1fan's pain. There are some flippin douches who scream or even say it's boring. Fucking idiots. I hate when the crowd begins chanting USA, and I'm american! certainly that's not what a fight is about.

Unless a fighter hypes the fight by playing bad guy and repping, let's say Brazil and saying that Brazil is better than the US blah blah blah, then it's all good, but in just some regular american vs brazilian fight then no.