PDA

View Full Version : Sonnen: Okami Should Be ‘Clear Favorite’ Over Silva

Cat--Smasher
08-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Sonnen: Okami Should Be ‘Clear Favorite’ Over Silva

he stopped by Bruce Buffer’s “It’s Time” show on the Sherdog Radio Network to discuss a variety of topics.

Sonnen on whom he wants to fight after Brian Stann: “Dana [White] and I are at a crossroads. Dana wants this to be a number one contender’s match and wants me to fight for the championship. I don’t have anything against fighting my friend Yushin Okami, who will be the champion by then, but I have unfinished business with Anderson Silva. For me, what I am lobbying for, is win or lose, I will fight Anderson Silva next. Anderson will be working his way back up, or I should say working his way down. I’m going to grab him and beat him up anyway, just for laughs, just on principle. Just for my sheer entertainment, I’m going to go slap that guy around. I don’t need his little tin belt. I’m already the champion.”

On the Yushin Okami vs. Anderson Silva matchup at UFC 134: “Yushin’s gotta be a clear favorite. Yushin’s much better than Anderson. Yushin beat Anderson the last time they fought. It’s real hard to imagine how Anderson would win, but that doesn’t mean he can’t. He’s pulled it off a few times before. I think the hardest part of selling this fight, as they say, is convincing people that Anderson’s actually got a chance.”

On who would win between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre: “I think it would be one-sided, a very easy match for GSP.”

On whether he’d like to be a coach on “The Ultimate Fighter”: “If I had my choice to do it or not, no, I would stay in West Linn, Ore., and stay at home. I hate leaving home. I think it’s like a six-week venture. … But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do it. I do lots of things that I don’t want to do. If they ask me to and Dana says, ‘Listen, this is going to be helpful and we’re focusing on your weight class and I would appreciate it,’ then of course I would do it.”
Sonnen: Okami Should Be (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnen-Okami-Should-Be-Clear-Favorite-Over-Silva-34682)

Pasha K
08-23-2011, 02:23 AM
He contradicts himself. I do not understand. Who is the champion?
Because last time he said he was the MW champion, now first he says that Okami will be champion this weekend (as far as I know Okami is not fighting Chael), then he says "I do not need Anderson's belt" (So then Anderson is the champion?) and the finish with "I am the champion".

So the champion is Sonnen, for some weird reason on saturday Okai will be the champion (despite that he is not facing the champion Sonnen) however Anderson has the belt.

KevoOnTheRadio
08-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Because last time he said he was the MW champion, now first he says that Okami will be champion this weekend (as far as I know Okami is not fighting Chael), then he says "I do not need Anderson's belt" (So then Anderson is the champion?) and the finish with "I am the champion".

So the champion is Sonnen, for some weird reason on saturday Okai will be the champion (despite that he is not facing the champion Sonnen) however Anderson has the belt.

Why are you looking for logic or common sense in his interviews?

Kimbo> Rampage
08-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I want to see Stan Ko chael bad, but I want to see anderson get his revenge and put on a bisping-hendo type ko.

Masscore
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I want to see Stan Ko chael bad, but I want to see anderson get his revenge and put on a bisping-hendo type ko.

Do not worry you will get to see both. After Okami wins the MW title he will defend it against Stann after he beats Sonnen. Then we can all enjoy Silva v. Sonnen II except it will be in 3 round format.

NLRepublic
08-23-2011, 07:21 PM

haha man why are you trying to make sense of this

Kimbo> Rampage
08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Do not worry you will get to see both. After Okami wins the MW title he will defend it against Stann after he beats Sonnen. Then we can all enjoy Silva v. Sonnen II except it will be in 3 round format.

Stann beating sonnen? I would love to see that, but I doubt it. Anderson and Sonnen will rematch for the title, this time Sonnen is going to sleep. He wont be able to argue like he didnt get tapped or it was an early stoppage. Anderson is going to knock him out clean.

roaddawg
08-23-2011, 11:23 PM

Why is it that everytime I see you make a prediction the opposite usually happens?

mmawolverine
08-23-2011, 11:58 PM
its a win win for the fans either its the american gangster fighting for the title or its an american hero,

KevoOnTheRadio
08-24-2011, 07:14 AM
its a win win for the fans either its the american gangster fighting for the title or its an american hero,

Can we PLEASE stop calling him "The American Gangster"? He's about as gangster as the keyboard I'm typing on.

DaSpiderFan24
08-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Okami MW Champ... I think not...

Why is it that everytime I see you make a prediction the opposite usually happens?

:laughing4:

Pasha K
08-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Can we PLEASE stop calling him "The American Gangster"? He's about as gangster as the keyboard I'm typing on.

Exactly, he has absolutely nothing of a gangster.
But it is not surprise, he tried to win the championship and failed however he calls himself "the champion". He probably one day tried to be a part of some gang and was rejected, he calls himself a gangster though.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I have a feeling that massacre is going to make himself scarce around here after silva beats okami...

KevoOnTheRadio
08-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I have a feeling that massacre is going to make himself scarce around here after silva beats okami...

Nah, Mass is a stand up dude. He'll take it on the chin and still be here.