PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Chael Bad for Business? (spoilers)

CtGreat
08-28-2011, 08:17 AM
With the most recent devastating defeat of Yushin Okami, and the very lackluster performance of Jake Shields; what do these two matches have in common? The complete and utter confidence/backing by the troll king himself, Chael Sonnen. Chael Sonnen worked extensively with Yushin Okami in preparation for Anderson Silva and with Jake shields in preparation for GSP.

Its starting to seem like Chael is just bad for business if your a fighter. I wonder what fighter he decides to back next.

Pasha K
08-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Chael is only good for trolling, for everything else...mmm not so much. Well he is a good wrestler too though.

IceCold48
08-28-2011, 08:21 AM
With the most recent devastating defeat of Yushin Okami, and the very lackluster performance of Jake Shields; what do these two matches have in common? The complete and utter confidence/backing by the troll king himself, Chael Sonnen. Chael Sonnen worked extensively with Yushin Okami in preparation for Anderson Silva and with Jake shields in preparation for GSP.

Its starting to seem like Chael is just bad for business if your a fighter. I wonder what fighter he decides to back next.

sheilds and okami both tried like one lackluster takedown each i dont think thats chael's fault. okami out wrestled mark munoz so i think chael is helping him he was just lost and overwhelmed tonight.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Thread is 100% true. I completely agree.

Sakara=Excitement
08-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah Okami outwrestled Mark Munoz after working with Chael.

Yushin attempted zero takedowns against Anderson settling for grappling along the cage. Jake tried once or twice to take down GSP.

So yeah.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah Okami outwrestled Mark Munoz after working with Chael.

Yushin attempted zero takedowns against Anderson settling for grappling along the cage. Jake tried once or twice to take down GSP.

So yeah.

He attempted a takedown twice from the clinch in the first round. He may have had more luck if he had elite wrestling, a good dose of "Therapy"(inject-able testosterone), and Anderson had a cracked rib.

GSP is another story. Its like a lot of people havent seen his fights. He has the best TDD in the game. Sheilds tried and was far from successful, as expected. GSP makes good wrestlers look bad.

Is Koscheck the only guy to get GSP down in both of their fights in GSP's UFC career?...

Sakara=Excitement
08-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Is Koscheck the only guy to get GSP down in both of their fights in GSP's UFC career?...

I don't remember Kos taking him down in their second fight. BJ didn't in the first fight did he? Probably not.

Yeah I don't think anyone has but Kos.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't remember Kos taking him down in their second fight. BJ didn't in the first fight did he? Probably not.

Kos got GSP down in the First fight and did get him down in the Second but GSP got back up.

GSP has elite TDD. Shields is a good wrestler but Kos is far better and he barley had success against gsp.

Okami has always been a grinder and gets his takedowns from clinch typically. Training with sonnen isnt going to change his entire style and turn him into an elite wrestler with good double legs.

Anyone seen massacre lately? I knew he would crawl off after Okami got embarrassed.

The_Icon
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't see how training with an excellent wrestler can hurt you. Chael isn't in the cage with them when they fight, it's up to the fighters to implement their training during a fight. Chael's antics outside of the cage simply bring attention to the fighter he is backing, or at least the fight itself. Like him or hate him "any press is good press" as they say.

roaddawg
08-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Anyone seen massacre lately? I knew he would crawl off after Okami got embarrassed.

His fight predictions are usually full of shit.

MMA4EVERRR
08-28-2011, 11:59 PM

Yea Kos took GSP down in both fights. He took GSP down in the 2nd fight right at the end of the 1st round. He had GSP up against the cage and I believe picked him and semi-slammed him and controlled him on the ground for the last 20sec of the round.

Problem is that Silva is just at another level. He has main evented every one of his fights in the UFC. He has that edge in every one of his fights against his opponents, who feel that pressure of being in a main event of a title fight. Silva was straight up relaxed and chilling whereas Okami was just having a hard time figuring out what to do next to get the fight in his favor.

GSP has the same edge against his opponents. However, I think Diaz will be the first guy to not mentally breakdown against GSP and just fight his fight.

Mac
08-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I believe it had more to do with the fact that they were fighting GSP and Silva. There have been many before these two to fail just as bad and did not have anything to do with Choke....er I mean Chael.

Dr. MMA
08-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Chael trained one component with Shields and Okami and that was wrestling. He didn't train any other facets with them, nor was he in their corner nor was he the one making their gameplans. I don't care for nor like Chael but this is just an attempt at finding a half-ass causal link for blaming their loss on Chael or an attempt to justify one's dislike for him.

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Chael trained one component with Shields and Okami and that was wrestling. He didn't train any other facets with them, nor was he in their corner nor was he the one making their gameplans. I don't care for nor like Chael but this is just an attempt at finding a half-ass causal link for blaming their loss on Chael or an attempt to justify one's dislike for him.

Why are you so smart?

Dammit!

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:00 AM
GSP has the same edge against his opponents. However, I think Diaz will be the first guy to not mentally breakdown against GSP and just fight his fight.

Unfortunately as much as I like Diaz he will be spending most of his time on his back in his fight against GSP. He has no choice other than to out wrestle Diaz and rely on his ground game.

His options are umlimited...

You see it all the time on here MMA (Slice, Silva, Ortiz, Diaz, Lesnar) .... the scope is just shining on Chael's ass right now and 99.9% of the time its self inflicted.

- People shit on Kimbo just because.
- People hate on Silva because of their hatred for Soares
- People hate on Ortiz due to his legitimate injuries and most of the time he doesn't bring it up unless asked about it (ie Joe Rogan)
- People simply just like to hate on Diaz because he smokes weed and refuses to be company man.

Chael on the other begs for this kind of negative publicity.

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Diaz was getting schooled by Joe Riggs in the UFC because his TDD was piss poor. Now GSP is gonna have trouble with him? Nahhhh

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:14 AM
GSP is going to have trouble with Diaz's boxing.... sig bet? Actually nevermind this is GSP we are talking about. His game plan will be to wrestle and smother Diaz.

I promise you he won't trade with him (hell he had enough trouble with Shields).

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:18 AM
I promise you he won't trade with him (hell he had enough trouble with Shields).

This coming from a man who still to this day talks about Anderson being injured against Chael yet fail to mention GSP had one eye against Shields......indeed.

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
This coming from a man who still to this day talks about Anderson being injured against Chael yet fail to mention GSP had one eye against Shields......indeed.

And here is your fallacy because I maintain Silva was injured before the fight. I have also posted video clips of him holding his ribs in round 1.

Let me know if I need to repost :grinsmile1:

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:24 AM
And here is your fallacy because I maintain Silva was injured before the fight. I have also posted video clips of him holding his ribs in round 1.

Let me know if I need to repost :grinsmile1:

Anderson Silva's Trainer Discusses His Rib Injury, Offers A Timetable For 'The Spider's' Return - FightLine.com (http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0809/530728/anderson-silva/)

"After the first round he said he broke his ribs," said Lemos. "He told me he could not breathe because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle… After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack. Anderson is expected to return in February or March."

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:36 AM
checkmate: Anderson Silva "rib grab" *gif included* - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/anderson-silva-rib-grab-gif-included-1307493/)

Yes, which goes along perfectly with what his trainer said...he injured his rib after the first round. So thanks for backing up my claim.

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Anderson Silva's Trainer Discusses His Rib Injury, Offers A Timetable For 'The Spider's' Return - FightLine.com (http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0809/530728/anderson-silva/)

UFC 117 GIF: Anderson Silva Grabs Rib After First Round | URDirt.com (http://urdirt.com/2010/08/09/ufc-117-gif-anderson-silva-grabs-rib-after-first-round/)

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:39 AM
UFC 117 GIF: Anderson Silva Grabs Rib After First Round | URDirt.com (http://urdirt.com/2010/08/09/ufc-117-gif-anderson-silva-grabs-rib-after-first-round/)

Again, thanks for backing up my claim!

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:44 AM
There is no point behind your claim unless you lack common sense. You either believe he was injured before the fight or before the 1st round even ended.

I believe he was injured before the fight, fought anyways which only made it worse. This is me using common sense ofcourse...

Which AGAIN (for the 234234 time) explains his performance. Atleast you are nolonger questioning the legitimacy of his injury (and if you are you're very foolish).

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:49 AM
There is no point behind your claim unless you lack common sense. You either believe he was injured before the fight or before the 1st round even ended.

I believe he was injured before the fight, fought anyways which only made it worse. This is me using common sense ofcourse...

Which AGAIN (for the 234234 time) explains his performance. Atleast you are nolonger questioning the legitimacy of his injury (and if you are you're very foolish).

So his trainer is a liar? That's the point I've always made. And you ALWAYS ignore what his trainer/corner man said which is Anderson injured his rib after he first round. You choose to ignore this time and time again.

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 05:54 AM
So his trainer is a liar? That's the point I've always made. And you ALWAYS ignore what his trainer/corner man said which is Anderson injured his rib after he first round. You choose to ignore this time and time again.

I like to deal with the facts because everything else is "he said she said" and I don't do that bs.
If a picture is worth a thousand words then what is the worth of a video?

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 05:59 AM
I like to deal with the facts because everything else is "he said she said" and I don't do that bs.
If a picture is worth a thousand words then what is the worth of a video?

Holy shit are you that dense?

No one is debating the injury. My issue has been your unwillingness to pay any attention to what his cornerman said which your gif proves. How is that hard to understand?

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Holy shit are you that dense?

No one is debating the injury. My issue has been your unwillingness to pay any attention to what his cornerman said which your gif proves. How is that hard to understand?

Really Sakara.... your argument is irrelevant. Are we going to talk about what his uncle's brother's long distant 2nd cousin said as well?

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Really Sakara.... your argument is irrelevant. Are we going to talk about what his uncle's brother's long distant 2nd cousin said as well?

Yes because that is clearly the same as the guy Anderson walks up to in the octagon and tells he's hurt. Clearly the same thing.

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Yes because that is clearly the same as the guy Anderson walks up to in the octagon and tells he's hurt. Clearly the same thing.

wow
o
w

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 06:17 AM
wow
o
w

You are impossible. Unable to think rationally and with reason. I'll never talk to you again about this.

You say Anderson was hurt after the first round. I show you a quote which agrees with what you're saying. Then you say the quote isn't factual.

Okay man. I tap out to your stupidity. This one is all you.

roaddawg
08-29-2011, 06:22 AM
You are impossible. Unable to think rationally and with reason. I'll never talk to you again about this.

You say Anderson was hurt after the first round. I show you a quote which agrees with what you're saying. Then you say the quote isn't factual.

Okay man. I tap out to your stupidity. This one is all you.

Too late I beat you to the tap when I realized how irrelevant your argument was....then I realized most of your debates are trivial in nature.

Classic Sakara

CtGreat
08-29-2011, 07:08 AM

Thats why I posted it in NoobJack, to save you guys the hassle of moving my topic. I made it for purely shittalk/joke reasons. :dancingsmile:

CtGreat
08-29-2011, 07:14 AM

Actually, the only thing that video proved was that he had an injured rib; it could have happened in the first round or it happened previously and he was just pointing it out to his corner again. Silva claims that it was hurt by lyoto before the fight, and that he even went to the hospital to get it checked beforehand. His trainer claims that it happened in the first round. Who to trust? Honestly, its irrelevant, fact is he had an injured rib. Isnt that sufficient you two? :huh:

goodtimes
08-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Actually, the only thing that video proved was that he had an injured rib; it could have happened in the first round or it happened previously and he was just pointing it out to his corner again. Silva claims that it was hurt by lyoto before the fight, and that he even went to the hospital to get it checked beforehand. His trainer claims that it happened in the first round. Who to trust? Honestly, its irrelevant, fact is he had an injured rib. Isnt that sufficient you two? :huh:

I really don't see the argument here either. Maybe it's a little of both? People get injuries in training all the time. It's very possible he hurt his rib sparring, and it then got hurt much worse after all the damage he took in the first round. Usually when there are a few different conflicting yet similar stories, it's a combination of all of the above. I don't see how being injured during the fight would take away from Silva's performance. The rib injury also didn't cause Silva to get completely worked over in the 1st round; letting his guard down and eating a right hand did.

CtGreat
08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
I really don't see the argument here either. Maybe it's a little of both? People get injuries in training all the time. It's very possible he hurt his rib sparring, and it then got hurt much worse after all the damage he took in the first round. Usually when there are a few different conflicting yet similar stories, it's a combination of all of the above. I don't see how being injured during the fight would take away from Silva's performance. The rib injury also didn't cause Silva to get completely worked over in the 1st round; letting his guard down and eating a right hand did.

The rib injury definitely took away from his movement, both on the ground and on the feet. You try cracking your rib and then trying to wrestle a guy or use footwork, I guarantee you will want to tap from the pain. I once broke my left clavicle (double fracture, complete break) durring a wrestling match and I stil pushed myself for 2 more rounds till the end. I got beat, but not pinned, and it took all I had to not throw in the towel.

IceCold48
08-29-2011, 08:32 AM

you are so fucking dumb. the argument against the injury claim is that chael broke silva's rib with an elbow from side mount IN THE FIRST ROUND so posting a gif of him holding his rib after the first round doesnt prove anything.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Its funny people are actually making a case as to why chael is not to blame... as if this was something more than a joke...:grinsmile1:

Anderson injured his rib a week before the fight and it worsened in the first round.

You seem to miss a lot of crucial information for being such a follower of mma sakara, or is it selective memory.

Sakara=Excitement
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
You seem to miss a lot of crucial information for being such a follower of mma sakara, or is it selective memory.

Selective memory? Or believing someone who has first hand knowledge of the injury which his cornerman did. Why lie? Why make it up? Since his cornerman has said this, everyone wants to call him a liar yet fully believe Ed Soares. THAT'S selective memory.

Dr. MMA
08-29-2011, 10:21 PM
This argument has been going forever. There are three scenarios to this rib injury.
[1] Anderson hurt it before the fight
[2] Anderson hurt it in the 1st round
[3] Anderson injured his rib before the fight and Chael made it worse in the 1st round.

Scenario 1: If Anderson hurt it before the fight, then okay, we can claim that Anderson was injured and may whoop Chael's ass once healthy. Until it happens, we can only speculate. This is similar to Shogun/Forrest situation.

Scenario 2: Anderson hurt it in the first round. I don't know why roaddawg keeps showing this gif of him holding his rib because it doesn't differentiate if Anderson hurt his rib in the first round or if it was already hurt before the fight. If Chael elbowed/punched Anderson in the ribs and broke it, then that's Chael causing the damage. That's like saying that if GSP's jabs didn't close Kos' eye then Kos would've kicked his ass.

Scenario 3: This is where the grey area begins. Some people believe that Anderson had bruised ribs prior to the fight and Chael made it much worse in the fight. Other people thought he came with a severe rib injury before the fight and it hampered his performance regardless of Chael hitting him in the ribs. If it falls under this scenario, then one can speculate on the extent of the injury prior and during the fight without any real proof. The debate will thus go on forever under this scenario.

CtGreat
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Selective memory? Or believing someone who has first hand knowledge of the injury which his cornerman did. Why lie? Why make it up? Since his cornerman has said this, everyone wants to call him a liar yet fully believe Ed Soares. THAT'S selective memory.
If Im not mistaken (and im pretty sure im not), Machida, Silva, and Sores all claimed that his rib was injured prior to the fight while Anderson was sparing with Machida and he got caught with a body kick. Even if they didnt say that, Silva certainly did, so that would be you taking the trainer's word over the person that had the actual injury.

roaddawg
08-30-2011, 05:02 AM

This has been the point I have been trying to drive home the entire time. However the rest of your post leads me to believe its impossible for you to empathize with his injuries.

On the rib injuries... and I have to assume you have never had any based on your post:

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/rib_injuries?open

Pay close attention to the symptoms.

Kimbo> Rampage
08-30-2011, 06:32 AM
If Im not mistaken (and im pretty sure im not), Machida, Silva, and Sores all claimed that his rib was injured prior to the fight while Anderson was sparing with Machida and he got caught with a body kick. Even if they didnt say that, Silva certainly did, so that would be you taking the trainer's word over the person that had the actual injury.

Yes. His trainer may have meant that he furthered the injury in the first, thus injured it in the 1st. We can barely translate or understand what they are saying half the time anyway.

This has been the point I have been trying to drive home the entire time. However the rest of your post leads me to believe its impossible for you to empathize with his injuries.

On the rib injuries... and I have to assume you have never had any based on your post:

Rib injuries | Better Health Channel (http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/rib_injuries?open)

Pay close attention to the symptoms.

With a rib injury it severely prohibits your movement and breathing. It will also hurt every time you rotate to throw a punch. Anderson said many advised him not to take the fight, but he went through it anyways because of his family.