PDA

View Full Version : Tait Fletcher

Bran
06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
i kinda thought Tait would be a key player on TUF3 since Joe Rogan interviewed him on UFN before the premiere, but he lost his first and only fight and then backed out of a possible return. and it seems like he's the only guy from the show that didn't get a fight for the finale or UFN. did he call it quits or is he on dana white's shit list or something? anyone know?

Edgucator
06-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Noah obviously didn't get a fight, neither did Mike Stine. Kristian for some reason is getting a fight on Ultimate Fight Night.

I think he just quit. He didn't seem too into it. Kristian didn't want to lose again on national television. Noah is on Dana White's s***list for demanding a phone call and then leaving. Mike Stine was crap.

yerfdog76
06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
We saw what kind of backbone Tait had... None..

He had an opportunity for a free tickets to the semifinals and "couldn't get his mind into it"...

Bullshit... he didn't want to fight Bisping...

Kristian is the only "quitter" who had a legitimate reason. He was still pretty beat up... That gash on top of his head from Bisping's knee was deep and nasty (he also had a gash on his forehead).

He probably SHOULD have fought anyways, but I think the injury was the only reason Dana let him have this upcoming fight...

I still think he's one and done after this next fight, unless he's in MUCH better shape than he was on the show...

Edgucator
06-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah but on the show he didn't say, I'm still pretty cut up from Bisping, I don't want to get a serious injury. He said he didn't want another lose on t.v. If he'd said he was hurt and didn't want to risk a worse one I'd be okay with it but he seemed like a quitter in the way he put it.

mattsoper
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
i kinda thought Tait would be a key player on TUF3 since Joe Rogan interviewed him on UFN before the premiere, but he lost his first and only fight and then backed out of a possible return. and it seems like he's the only guy from the show that didn't get a fight for the finale or UFN. did he call it quits or is he on dana white's shit list or something? anyone know?

I know what you mean...when joe interviewd him I was like ooo that guy has to do good if he is getting an interview....wrong....I think he just doesnt want to fight anymore

and why is kristian getting a fight on UFN...how does he deserve that

yumitree
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah but on the show he didn't say, I'm still pretty cut up from Bisping, I don't want to get a serious injury. He said he didn't want another lose on t.v. If he'd said he was hurt and didn't want to risk a worse one I'd be okay with it but he seemed like a quitter in the way he put it.

actually, he pointed to the gash on his head when he turned down the semi-finals fight.

Bran
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
actually, he pointed to the gash on his head when he turned down the semi-finals fight.
yes, he pointed to the cut, but when dana told him it was no problem he told him the bottom line was that he didn't wanna lose on tv again.

yumitree
06-28-2006, 01:04 AM
i missed the "get a serious injury" part of edgucator's post, but i think kristan's "i don't want to lose on tv again" was really about the cut seriously handicap going into the match... moreso than matt's arm going into the nickles fight or any other sort of nagging injury fighters have going into their bouts. if any of kristian's cuts opened up in that fight (and they most like would have), he would have been screwed.

i certainly think that with the nature of the show and the opportunity kristian had, he should have fought as it would have shown his heart and desire, but i think the cut was a pretty big thing for him to overcome both physically and mentally. if you watch his first fight in tuf, he sort of lost it when he got the first cut and noticed the blood.

tsansom
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
The reason he got an interview was most likely the fact that he is Joe Rogan's bodyguard.

ccl2087
07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I'd say he's on Dana's shit list, and the only reason Joe interviewed him is because they're friends.

Legend
08-16-2006, 06:54 AM
What really pissed me off was when the UFC and Spike pumped up Tait's fight with Hanes as the best fight of the season. I mean what a shitfest.

liddell316
08-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah, it sucked.

LethalStriker
08-23-2006, 01:58 AM
They probably interviewed Tait on the UFN to make people think he was going to go far in TUF and throw people off of guessing who the real finalists would be.

Kristian being brought back for a fight was also a way of giving an easy win to MacDonald. Kristian is the only guy from TUF 3 who fought on the UFN instead of the finale.

Legend
08-23-2006, 03:11 AM
There is just something about Tait that i just cant stand.

killerinstinct
08-23-2006, 03:25 AM
There is just something about Tait that i just cant stand.
Is it his sideburns?

LethalStriker
08-23-2006, 04:19 AM
His head looks like a freaking watermelon.

Legend
08-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Its just the way he carries himself. His whole attitude just grinds on my nerves.

LethalStriker
08-23-2006, 05:36 AM
I think he only ever got on TUF because he was Rogan's bodyguard.

Legend
08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I think he only ever got on TUF because he was Rogan's bodyguard.

I knew they were friends but he's Rogan's bodyguard? Be kinda weird having your bodyguard shooting in on everybody bc he has shity stand up.

duran
08-23-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah, the guy thinks he is the coolest guy on the planet. He tried to be a trend setter with his stylin', but it didn't work. He looked like a grown man trying to be Eminem. Dude, I have a stage name for you to fit your white rapper wannabe look - "HalfABuck". Or maybe "RollofPennies." He tried to act tough with his treatment of Noah in the basketball incident on the show. "Yeah, I'm bad, because I can sit in the interview booth and tell stories about how I submitted Noah in verbal judo." Eddie Bravo in an interview tried to defend him saying that he is cool because he speaks his mind, etc, and "if he wasn't cool, we (Rogan and Bravo) wouldn't let him hang out with us." Yep, Tait, you spoke your mind to Dana and now you can hang out with Eddie and Joe but you are not welcome at any UFC events because Dana thinks you are a quitter. Bravo then tried to blast all of Tait's critics by saying Tait had a "rotation of bitches". Hey Eddie and Joe, Tait had his 15 minutes of fame. It could have lasted a lot longer if he had trained harder. Joe Rogan promoted the guy like Don King and the guy was not very good and was out of shape. It is ironic that he went out a chump like Noah. Tait, go to college and get a degree, because it doesn't look like you have a lot to fall back on.

WOLINSKY
08-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I like him... we trade myspace messages every now and then if I have a question hes always glad to answer... he said he just dosent want to fight anymore cause theres only so much time in his life, but he trains others in his gym who knows what the life is about... he said he thinks about fighting everyday..

AudieMurphy1
08-27-2006, 01:13 AM
at one point i really liked tait but he has lost all my respect

Afro
08-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Hes heartless

killerinstinct
08-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Hes heartless
Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

AudieMurphy1
08-27-2006, 03:05 AM
i agree, heartless does sum it up

tyson2481
08-27-2006, 06:49 AM
at one point i really liked tait but he has lost all my respect

is this the same audie murphy from raiderfans.net??????

AudieMurphy1
08-27-2006, 07:14 AM
is this the same audie murphy from raiderfans.net??????

hey whats up man, it me