View Full Version : Massacre

Kimbo> Rampage
08-29-2011, 06:17 PM
You lost. 2 weeks.

http://headblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/anderson-silva.jpg

After Saturday when Okami takes the belt

Masscore
08-29-2011, 06:40 PM
I was fearing the worse lol. Did you want my quote in it?

SWIFTboy
08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Masscore, even though you have really put yourself out there by repeating bold predictions over and over, and having been wrong at least on the last two, I for one will not hold it against you.

Even though you were wrong, you backed up your predictions with solid reasoning and IF you had of been right, it would have probably been for the reasons you stated.

All too often people try to discredit greatness. Silva and GSP had to be great to beat their respective opponents. Those opponents were very dangerous despite coming up short and if anything I appreciate you outlining over and over again why that was so.

Masscore
08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Masscore, even though you have really put yourself out there by repeating bold predictions over and over, and having been wrong at least on the last two, I for one will not hold it against you.

Even though you were wrong, you backed up your predictions with solid reasoning and IF you had of been right, it would have probably been for the reasons you stated.

All too often people try to discredit greatness. Silva and GSP had to be great to beat their respective opponents. Those opponents were very dangerous despite coming up short and if anything I appreciate you outlining over and over again why that was so.

Thanks man.

I really thought Okami was going to be able to push Silva around and put him on his back. And the way he cliniched with Silva I figured he was working to wear him down then look for takedowns... but then that headkick landed and the fight was basically over. Okami got scared and let Silva time him and put him away.

trustkill
08-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Okami got scared and let Silva time him and put him away.

I agree with this and I liked Kenny Florian's commentary during the fight. He basically said that Anderson is a living fight computer and he uses the first few minutes of a fight to calculate his opponent's demise. Patrick Cote's cornerman understood this concept very well and he kept telling Cote to keep Anderson off balance and not to give him opportunities to "think" about how to counter attack. Chael did a masterful job of keeping Anderson guessing, and that's exactly why some of his punches landed . . . punches weren't supposed to be part of the equation. Watching the way Anderson moved against Vitor and Okami, I think the rib injury was also a big factor in his fight against Chael.